over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is getting thin skin a genetic thing?

sabbaman

Registered
My long time training partner has done 6 national shows and always gets very lean but it seems he just can't get that paper thin skin, I know a person likely needs to just push even harder to get there but it seems some just can't seem to get there like others. For example, Cedric and William Bonac are always super lean, but just don't get to the Dorian Yates or Flex Lewis look. I find people that seem to be more ginger in hair and skin tones have a harder time also.

I have always wondered this as well. Seems like guys who stay leaner for longer periods of time achieve this sort of look. I don't doubt it could be genetic but I do highly doubt it has anything to do with supplementation. Sort of like vascularity. Some guys have a lot, some guys have a little.

Yes, it's is genetic to a certain extent.

I have a friend who does martial arts and bruises super easily. You can also see striations on his quads year round.

I do believe the leaner you stay for long periods of time, the better it is overall to get that look.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Akim Williams has this problem he diets for a long time and never seems to get that crazy hard thin skin look. Palumbo claims it's because he has thick skin and says they've measured his fat with multiple tools bodpod, dexascan etc and his body fat is always extremely low just doesn't appear that way on stage due to his skin being thick.

The final look to dieted down physique is absolutely genetic, just like everything else.

If you're on the march to 50 at least try to contribute something, or at the very least don't spew bs.

Though OTOH it's not just newbies or guys trying to up their post count who come up with this stuff (no idea if mhpump is just trying to up the count). Very top bodybuilders and gurus feel different protein sources give different looks. Fish for shredz is one of those ideas. Or dairy causing "thick skin" and etc. I think it's mostly bs but the ideas are there...

Last edited:
Yeah, I am trying to get to 50 but I have watched Q and A videos of different bodybuilders explaining theories to getting skin to appear thinner. I believe it was ben white who I saw say that eating fish seems to help his skin.

Yeah these ideas are definitely out there at the top level. Maybe the experienced guys here want to comment. :)

Yeah, I am trying to get to 50 but I have watched Q and A videos of different bodybuilders explaining theories to getting skin to appear thinner. I believe it was ben white who I saw say that eating fish seems to help his skin.

well, if you believe that, then you're fucking retarded

and cmon guys.. thick skin genetic?

i mean, assuming it is a thing, do you think someone's skin could be SO much thicker that it would actually make a visual difference in their physique?

people just store fat in difference places.. Akim could get absolutely peeled if he put the work in, but he's playing the size game

i mean, assuming it is a thing, do you think someone's skin could be SO much thicker that it would actually make a visual difference in their physique?

people just store fat in difference places.. Akim could get absolutely peeled if he put the work in, but he's playing the size game

Lmfao stop making me spit my food all
Over the counter[emoji38]

Lead Monster Labs Rep and Sponsored Athlete
Flex10 for 10% off in notes section when ordering.
Mymonsterlabs.com

I assumed the same thing. I went searching to confirm.

Epidermal thickness at different body sites: relationship to age, gender, pigmentation, blood content, skin type and smoking habits.
From the abstract:

"Body site largely explains the variation in epidermal thickness, but also a significant individual variation was observed."

Of course, that doesn't take into account subcutaneous water or adipose tissue. But it does appear there are differences in skin thickness.

Dorian had pretty thin skin slice, all his competitors admitted to this.

Look at Jay Cutler, bone dry shredded at shows, and still had some "film" over certain areas like his back (prolly shoulda used dnp amiright?)

I will say though, guys who have "thin" skin are also genetically very lean like Dorian or Roman Fritz, maybe it's not a skin thing and more just a genetic inclination to stay super lean.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Dorian had pretty thin skin slice, all his competitors admitted to this.

...what?

Look at Jay Cutler, bone dry shredded at shows, and still had some "film" over certain areas like his back (prolly shoulda used dnp amiright?)

I will say though, guys who have "thin" skin are also genetically very lean like Dorian or Roman Fritz, maybe it's not a skin thing and more just a genetic inclination to stay super lean.

jay cutler was forced to play the size game to compete with Ronnie. being paper thin at that size is VERY difficult, as im sure anyone can imagine.

it's also very hard on the body, which no doubt causes some water retention.

i think diuretics were much more commonly used in the 90s.

Roman is not that big for an IFBB pro, so conditioning shouldnt be a problem.

and sure, while some people may have thicker skin than others, does anyone really think that it's thick enough to be visually discernible when completely shredded?

and when people talk about eating fish... do they mean eating salmon? catfish?

or super lean fish like tilapia and cod? why does anyone think that is?

switching from red meat to white fish makes one leaner? who would have thought :cool:

...what?

jay cutler was forced to play the size game to compete with Ronnie. being paper thin at that size is VERY difficult, as im sure anyone can imagine.

it's also very hard on the body, which no doubt causes some water retention.

i think diuretics were much more commonly used in the 90s.

Roman is not that big for an IFBB pro, so conditioning shouldnt be a problem.

and sure, while some people may have thicker skin than others, does anyone really think that it's thick enough to be visually discernible when completely shredded?

and when people talk about eating fish... do they mean eating salmon? catfish?

or super lean fish like tilapia and cod? why does anyone think that is?

switching from red meat to white fish makes one leaner? who would have thought :cool:
Dorians admitted to this in an MD interview. And flex is on video stating the same thing about Dorian. Is there any science backing this up? I don't think so, I think fat distribution and genetics are the closest thing this might relate to.

I ain't smart enough to figure this shit out, and the fish thing is retarded. Just pointing out what I've read and seen guys talk about in interviews.

Shredded is shredded though. Pretty sure John Meadows never worried about the skin thing, dude just shows up looking like an anatomy chart on stage.

Dorians admitted to this in an MD interview. And flex is on video stating the same thing about Dorian. Is there any science backing this up? I don't think so, I think fat distribution and genetics are the closest thing this might relate to.

I ain't smart enough to figure this shit out, and the fish thing is retarded. Just pointing out what I've read and seen guys talk about in interviews.

Shredded is shredded though. Pretty sure John Meadows never worried about the skin thing, dude just shows up looking like an anatomy chart on stage.

i think Dorian just outworked and out-disciplined everyone. how would he (or anyone else for that matter) know what having thin skin is like? have they had thicker skin in the past or something?

Flex's incredible shape allowed him to step onstage at the O with soggy glutes.

Shawn Ray was pretty peeled.

i think it comes down to how much someone is willing to suffer.

people look at me, and see a butterball. im the last person anyone would think could get very lean... but i know how to suffer

i think Dorian just outworked and out-disciplined everyone. how would he (or anyone else for that matter) know what having thin skin is like? have they had thicker skin in the past or something?

Flex's incredible shape allowed him to step onstage at the O with soggy glutes.

Shawn Ray was pretty peeled.

i think it comes down to how much someone is willing to suffer.

people look at me, and see a butterball. im the last person anyone would think could get very lean... but i know how to suffer
Dats because u secretly hate urself...

In the interview Dorian said he would bleed and bruise easily when he did martial arts in the detention center he was in; that was his own anecdote for his "skin genetics". I would agree that his mindset played a bigger role in why he looked the way he did, not his skin lol

Dats because u secretly hate urself...

In the interview Dorian said he would bleed and bruise easily when he did martial arts in the detention center he was in; that was his own anecdote for his "skin genetics".

lol..

well to each their own. i personally think anyone can get peeled if they work hard enough.

I found that when I take in enough antioxidants I rarely get a bruise as the cell membranes gets thicker. So that would add to thicker skin I suppose. And as people age their skin gets thinner although their mental toughness makes them less thin skinned mentally.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws