YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is Greek Yogurt a good source of protein ?

Fitness 500

Banned
There seems to be a big greek yogurt fad and I seen this stuff everywhere.
Today while I was eating a Chobani I noticed it has almost 40 grams of protein per 16oz.

Now in the past I used to eat cottage cheese while bulking but the fat content was high.

I'm curious if greek yogurt contains hight quality protein that I should include in my daily protein intake count ?

Is greek yogurt high in fat like cottage cheese ?

As a protein source not necessarily but as a great food to add to a diet hell ya. Natural probiotics

I can say this about it, That the plain has 21 grams of protien and very low sugar but when you start to get the ones with sugar the protien starts to go down, way down like with the fruit it is like 19 to 22 grams sugar and 12 g protien still a good source if you dont mind the sugar

Last edited:
It's a decent snack...but don't count on it for tons of protein. It's better than a fucking candy bar though...and the probiotics are good for you too. Good amount of sugar too.. not too bad if you're doing your cardio and burning that shit off anyway.

Last edited:
6 oz vanilla greek yogurt followed by 2 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter then a banana. That's a meal for me and satisfies me for a long time.

I love fat free greek yogurt. Mix in some fruit and whey and it makes a decent meal.

I think it is not a bad source and it is a damn tasty treat if you get the right brand. And the probiotics are def good for you.

I love plain Fage and Chiobani. I use. Fage for a sour cream substitute. For dessert add plain or powdered peanut butter, whey, melted coconut oil, and Walden Farms calorie free chocolate or caramel. Tastes way to good to be good for you.

For those not scared of fat, Noosa is delicious. I eat at least one a day.

It's a decent snack...but don't count on it for tons of protein. It's better than a fucking candy bar though...and the probiotics are good for you too. Good amount of sugar too.. not too bad if you're doing your cardio and burning that shit off anyway.

How is it not a good source of protein?

Most have like 21g protein and only 9g sugar per cup. ANd probiotics.

It's an excellent source of protein.

I eat it daily.

1 Cup of Chobani plain no fat has 23g of protein.

I add in a tablespoon of LBAs and some cinnamon. So good, I dip my apples in it

NO

How is it not a good source of protein?

Most have like 21g protein and only 9g sugar per cup. ANd probiotics.

It's an excellent source of protein.

He didnt say it wasnt a good source of protein, he said dont count on it for TONS of protein and I agree, I like to get 40 grams at each of 5 or 6 meals a day and its only about 24 so you need to eat something else with it.

He didnt say it wasnt a good source of protein, he said dont count on it for TONS of protein and I agree, I like to get 40 grams at each of 5 or 6 meals a day and its only about 24 so you need to eat something else with it.

Eat 2 cups for 40+ grams protein?

WHen you eat cereal, do you just eat one serving? Doubt it. Same thing applies here.

It doesn't have insane amounts of protein, but for yogurt it's a lot. Mix in some blueberries and honey and you've got a decent snack

Agree....many different way's to use Greek Yogurt and if a serving doesn't have enough protein for you, then add 1 scoop protein powder (nilla is the best) w/ some splenda and s/free maple syrup drizzled on top for an awesome dessert!!:love:

Agree....many different way's to use Greek Yogurt and if a serving doesn't have enough protein for you, then add 1 scoop protein powder (nilla is the best) w/ some splenda and s/free maple syrup drizzled on top for an awesome dessert!!:love:

That sounds delicious!

I take greek yogurt to work every day with me

1 cup has like 19-22g protein (Fage)...that's pretty good. Just get the 0% of 2% ones. it doesnt have to have a lot of fat...and neither does cottage cheese. Always stick to between 0 and 2% fat for greek yogurt and cottage cheese.

If you respond well to milk based protein then i dont see why the hell not

As far as taste goes, fage/chobani are good if you like that fatty cheesy taste to your yogurt, and oikos is good because it tastes very similar to regular yoplait yogurt in that ithas a more sweet taste... I have tried many brands but these are my favs

Probiotics in them also aid in digestive health

Kefir is a good alternative... Tastes kinda like alcoholic yogurt

I make pancakes using 1c Greek yogurt 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/8 c flour and 1 tsp of baking powder, they're awesome, and pretty nutritious for a pancake. Top with so e almond butter and some sugar free syrup and enjoy. Also Greek yogurt can be used to make healthy salad dressings to boot. I usually go through 2 cups a day.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131