over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is High Cholesterol really that bad?

flipper2012

Kilo Klub Member
Been reading a lot of John Meadows stuff about inflammation and reducing it and starting doing a lot of research online and came across this article, very interesting
http://www.marlev.com/Cholesterol.htm

What are your guys opinions on cholesterol? Is cholesterol even bad at all? Or is it systematic inflammation

did he document that high cholesterol your whole life increased your chances of living longer, or just when you are old? because those are 2 entirely different things. their are many factors in heart disease. high cholesterol levels are just one.

The question it brings up is:
Does high cholesterol have anything to do with heart disease?

More and more studies are saying no...

There are many medical myths out there high cholesterol being one of them. Inflammation of the vessel walls, high homocystiene levels and c-reactive protein are far more indicative of cardiac status.

i think its pretty well established that high bad cholesterol and low good cholesterol is a predictor of heart disease. if your cholesterol ratio is high i wouldn't dismiss these numbers because you think its ancient science.

Just as many people with normal cholesteral have heart disease as do people with high. Thats where the inflammation theory comes into play.

Just as many people with normal cholesteral have heart disease as do people with high. Thats where the inflammation theory comes into play.

Exactly! It is not well established that low HDL and high LDL cause heart disease. Why? Because some pharmaceutical companies publish some studies and research they funded so they can sell crap like Lipitor?

There are many medical myths out there high cholesterol being one of them. Inflammation of the vessel walls, high homocystiene levels and c-reactive protein are far more indicative of cardiac status.

Thanks for posting that. How can we check those three things? And what steps can we take to make sure those are all fine?

There's really not much evidence that high cholesterol itself is responsible for heart disease. Whats more important is free cholesterol numbers, but the irony of it is that's not what the emphasis is put on when you get blood work done.

When doctors are checking "cholesterol" levels, they are measuring HDL, LDL and VLDL numbers. Cholesterol is not the only thing transported by HDL's and LDL's however. I get so annoyed with dumbass doctors with no nutritional background who preach about lowering cholesterol and then completely ignore triglycerides.

So with an increase in muscle mass in an individual would mean the need for an increase in LDL, correct?

Been reading a lot of John Meadows stuff about inflammation and reducing it and starting doing a lot of research online and came across this article, very interesting
Is High Cholesterol Really Bad?

What are your guys opinions on cholesterol? Is cholesterol even bad at all? Or is it systematic inflammation
Put a cup of gravy on all 6 meals you eat a day and see what happens in the next few yrs and report back to us.

Go to the Dr today and have them test your Cholesterol. Go back and do it again in 6 months. If both reading have you with a high bad Cholesterol, you'll know what your Dr thinks about Cholesterol when the put you on meds to bring it down.

So because a doctor says something is right that means its right? That post makes no sense to me. I know what a doctor is gonna say. What I'm asking is we all need to do more research cuz they are wrong.

Hard to believe doctors sometimes. Went to a walk in clinic tonight (I'm in canada) and asked for a bloodwork req for cbc cholesterol tris, full hormone panel which I then said to check my test and estrogen levels. The doc then replied "what men don't produce estrogen" LOL. And even tho I told her about steroid use she refused to give me a req to check my cholesterol saying "I'm too young to have bad cholesterol". Hahahah soooooo ya some doctors are fucked.

Im too tired to find the refrence at the moment... but I was reading something last night and it's not the first time i've heard it... It's not the cholesterol that causes the problem. It's the little cuts that happen in the vascular walls, cholesterol actually goes and attached it self to try and repair it, so it APPEARS the cholesterol is just "sticking" to the walls...

Sorry for the bro science type explanation... I'm tired.. lol... but i promise there is validity to my reason...

Thanks for posting that. How can we check those three things? And what steps can we take to make sure those are all fine?

You can have both C-reactive protein and homocystiene levels checked via blood tests.

Im too tired to find the refrence at the moment... but I was reading something last night and it's not the first time i've heard it... It's not the cholesterol that causes the problem. It's the little cuts that happen in the vascular walls, cholesterol actually goes and attached it self to try and repair it, so it APPEARS the cholesterol is just "sticking" to the walls...

Sorry for the bro science type explanation... I'm tired.. lol... but i promise there is validity to my reason...

This is why (Im pretty sure this is it) you should get your particle density checked, it will determine whether your arterial walls are being damaged or not. The denser the particles the better as they will just bounce off the walls and do no damage.

Some myths identified if you didn't know

[ame]http://youtu.be/xQnileaJw2Y[/ame]

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws