over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is High Cholesterol really that bad?

Hard to believe doctors sometimes. Went to a walk in clinic tonight (I'm in canada) and asked for a bloodwork req for cbc cholesterol tris, full hormone panel which I then said to check my test and estrogen levels. The doc then replied "what men don't produce estrogen" LOL. And even tho I told her about steroid use she refused to give me a req to check my cholesterol saying "I'm too young to have bad cholesterol". Hahahah soooooo ya some doctors are fucked.

I have a couple friends in med school right now, and a cousin that has been through med school. They all admit themselves that doctors do not receive enough nutritional training while in med school. Unless they study up a lot themselves, or do research in particular areas, most MD's really don't know shit when it comes to topics like cholesterol. They've been trained extremely out-dated views in med school and most don't put in the effort to catch up with recent research.

i think its pretty well established that high bad cholesterol and low good cholesterol is a predictor of heart disease. if your cholesterol ratio is high i wouldn't dismiss these numbers because you think its ancient science.

There is no such thing as "bad cholesterol" or "good cholesterol". Cholesterol is cholesterol is cholesterol.....

Like I said before. Lipoproteins TRANSPORT cholesterol, they are not cholesterol themselves, nor is cholesterol the only thing they carry, which is why the current testing method is so flawed. High LDL numbers does not mean you necessarily have high cholesterol. Who says those LDL's aren't carrying mainly triglycerides?

I have to say as someone who has high cholesterol I've been trying to educate myself. I even tried to read th great cholesterol con book but the more I tried to understand the more confusing it is.

I have to say as someone who has high cholesterol I've been trying to educate myself. I even tried to read th great cholesterol con book but the more I tried to understand the more confusing it is.

Have you tried cutting back on carbs? There's lots of research now showing high carb diets can increase high LDL or "bad cholesterol" levels because of increased triglycerides.

Really soon high fructose corn syrup and processed sugars will be identified as one of the main culprits in the increase in heart disease(at least be identified by mainstream, not just us fitness folk) It's just getting past the politics of the GMO corn industry...

Really soon high fructose corn syrup and processed sugars will be identified as one of the main culprits in the increase in heart disease(at least be identified by mainstream, not just us fitness folk) It's just getting past the politics of the GMO corn industry...

Yep, before we started eating man made shit there were no issues. Meat, eggs fruit. People worry about fructose in fruit but nature knows how to put shit together, it adds the fibre and combination of sugars that work in the body.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

You are correct, however, don't buy into the whole "HFCS is evil" mind set. Chemically, HFCS is almost identical to sucrose. Your body does not know the difference between HFCS and regular sugar once ingested, they both contain similar % of glucose and fructose.

Also, the problem isn't sugar alone, it is processed/refined carbs in general. Remember, most carbs are eventually broken down to glucose. In all honesty there's not a huge difference between starch from a potato and sugar. The biggest difference obviously is that sugar contains fructose, which is metabolized differently than glucose.

One of the biggest problems, IMO, after sugar/carb intake, is low fiber consumption.

You are correct, however, don't buy into the whole "HFCS is evil" mind set. Chemically, HFCS is almost identical to sucrose. Your body does not know the difference between HFCS and regular sugar once ingested, they both contain similar % of glucose and fructose.

Also, the problem isn't sugar alone, it is processed/refined carbs in general. Remember, most carbs are eventually broken down to glucose. In all honesty there's not a huge difference between starch from a potato and sugar. The biggest difference obviously is that sugar contains fructose, which is metabolized differently than glucose.

One of the biggest problems, IMO, after sugar/carb intake, is low fiber consumption.

Absolutely nature always puts fibre with its sugar, we take it out. I find I can eat honey by the jar full and not get fat or feel lethargic and that shit is pure sugar,don't think there's even fibre in there. That said i do eat my carbs at the right time and don't overspill.

Which could lead to the long term heart issues with abusing Slin.. Carbs taken at the right times in a controlled fashion could be very beneficial. But to often you here insane carb intakes all day long while using Slin who knows...

I think it just boggles my mind how someone can have 35 HDL and 175 LDL, RBC and Hemo are fine, liver and kidneys are fine, electrolytes are fine, blood pressure is 120/75 yet people say watch your cholesterol it's getting high that could fuck your heart up

Some people in this thread really WANT to believe something, that much is clear. There is no doubt that cholesterol isn't the whole story. HOWEVER, drugs that lower cholesterol aren't just some supplement that broscience says works with no real proof, or herbs that show in vitro activity with no actual human studies (this encompasses the entire supplement industry).

There is PROOF, incredibly strong proof, literally hundreds if not thousands of studies, that looked at LONG TERM SURVIVAL RATES, showing that lowering cholesterol levels improved survivability for people with arteriosclerosis.

Now it is also true that inflammation is a huge factor, and lots of evidence that nearly ALL arteriosclerosis originates from a sedentary lifestyle, but to say cholesterol has nothing to do with it is to ignore the evidence.

The REAL conspiracy is that people wouldn't even get arteriosclerosis if they worked out and ate well, but we don't believe in preventative medicine, so we recommend fat kids in grade school start on cholesterol lowering drugs...

I think it just boggles my mind how someone can have 35 HDL and 175 LDL, RBC and Hemo are fine, liver and kidneys are fine, electrolytes are fine, blood pressure is 120/75 yet people say watch your cholesterol it's getting high that could fuck your heart up

:banghead:

BECAUSE they raise LDL cholesterol. It's not the sugar laying down the plaque on are arterial walls...

BECAUSE they raise LDL cholesterol. It's not the sugar laying down the plaque on are arterial walls...

Always love your responses Kaladryn. Brutally honest lol. That is why I started this thread because I am starting to believe that cholesterol as a whole has nothing to do with heart disease if so very little

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything but I thought there was a lot of evidence now to support that higher cholesterol levels are shown in those that live longer and cholesterol lowering drugs cause more risks

I hope John meadows looks at this thread and gives his opinion

Always love your responses Kaladryn. Brutally honest lol. That is why I started this thread because I am starting to believe that cholesterol as a whole has nothing to do with heart disease if so very little

My doctor, who is the head of my state board for homeopathy and also a full MD, would be one of the first to agree with you that cholesterol is being grossly overplayed because that is where the money currently is, he has been preaching higher cholesterol levels for over 30 years and has written extensively on it. For almost 10 years he has be using C-reactive protein bloodtests as a more important indicator for potential arteriosclerosis.

However, he also likes to watch VLDL levels very closely, because there is very good science showing that LDL, and particularly VLDL is a contributing factor to arterial plaque. And remember we are talking about the number one killer of men and women (although cholesterol lowering drugs are starting to change that).

I'm also a big fan of sites like the heart scan blog who are showing that heart disease is reversible using natural measures, but that doesn't mean I don't think cholesterol lowering drugs work somewhat for people who don't take those natural measures (diet and exercise mainly).

HERE IS THE BIG LIE ABOUT CHOLESTEROL: eating it will necessarily effect your blood cholesterol levels. Or, eating less of it will positively effect your blood cholesterol levels. That is the lie. HDL is still good, LDL is still bad. :D

I thought the liver produces cholesterol to turn into hormones? And regardless of what you eat, genetics or low hormones can make your cholesterol high?

Yep, before we started eating man made shit there were no issues. Meat, eggs fruit. People worry about fructose in fruit but nature knows how to put shit together, it adds the fibre and combination of sugars that work in the body.

This is it right here! Cholesterol is used by the body to repair cell walls because all cells are lipids! The body is repairing damage from inflamation due to oxidation from mainly enzymes, acids and sugars found in grain. Grains were never part of the human diet untill recently due to the start of civilization som 10,000 yrs ago. The fact is only one species on earth really eats grain and has the ability to break it down, and thats birds. Thats the reason for the gizzard! Grain is meant to be dispersed by the wind. Stick to fruits vegetables and meat! Think about what we feed our live stock like cows, grain, and is why they cause issues with cholesterol! Our bodies will only make what it needs so even if u dont eat cholesterol your body will make as much as is needed to repair the damage! The fact is grain causes bone and teeth damage as well. When anthropologist dig up bones from native americans they can tell if they had a diet high in maze because thier teeth and bones would be porous and fragile. Kinda of how birds have porous bones for flight! The only reason this isnt common knowledge is because grain is big money for our country!

Last edited:
This is it right here! Cholesterol is used by the body to repair cell walls because all cells are lipids! The body is repairing damage from inflamation due to oxidation from mainly enzymes, acids and sugars found in grain. Grains were never part of the human diet untill recently due to the start of civilization som 10,000 yrs ago. The fact is only one species on earth really eats grain and has the ability to break it down, and thats birds. Thats the reason for the gizzard! Grain is meant to be dispersed by the wind. Stick to fruits vegetables and meat! Think about what we feed our live stock like cows, grain, and is why they cause issues with cholesterol! Our bodies will only make what it needs so even if u dont eat cholesterol your body will make as much as is needed to repair the damage!

Exactly! So if you put on large amounts of muscle and train that muscle breaking it down and ripping it, you will then need more Cholesterol to repair the large amount of muscle

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws