over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is is bad to microwave food

OneLife

Newbies
Is the nutritional content of food being significantly destroyed by the use of a microwave?

Are there any of you who refuse to heat food via microwave, and if so, why?

no... even if it did are you really going to stop using a microwave?

No probably not lol! Microwaves have been in use for decades, but Americans are experience health related epidemics like no other time in history. I just finished watching the documentary Food Inc. and I may be a little paranoid now ha!

Not good for silverware and foil though.

Yes its bad I only cook my foods over an open fire

No its not bad I don't think it destroys anything I always heat up my breakfast in the mornings it makes things a lot easier.

Because microwaves use a form of "radiation" instead of direct heat microwaves not damage food but can acutally minimize damage to other nutrients such as vitamins.(short and quick cooking time) That may be damaged through exposure to heat. It's been found that conventional cooking reduces the vitamin content of food vs microwave cooking. Both do reduce some nutrient content but this is a natural consequence of heat. So microwaves can be used safley in most cases without harming your foods.

I find it very unnatural to cook or reheat food too fast. It gives you cancer and its bad for you. I wrote about the microwave ages ago on here.

It might be..I dont know. I just know im not going to stop using the microwave, when there are a boatload of other things we are exposed to in our every day lives that "MIGHT" cause cancer..why dwell on it?

:f;od-smil Interesting, some say yes and some say no :confused:
I don't use it often but some. It's difficult to warm up food at work with out using it. I guess I could use the cutting torch:de:il-smi

It might be..I dont know. I just know im not going to stop using the microwave, when there are a boatload of other things we are exposed to in our every day lives that "MIGHT" cause cancer..why dwell on it?

So instead of minimizing exposure to ensure longevity you say, "screw it", might as well not care at all. Makes no sense.

So instead of minimizing exposure to ensure longevity you say, "screw it", might as well not care at all. Makes no sense.

how many of us tan on a regular basis? tanning is directly linked to skin cancer.

how many of us use steroids, when there are obvious adverse effects?

how many of us use RESEARCH peptides, when they are just that: "For Research Only"...

we say "screw it" every day. thats life. you play it as safe as possible, but i mean are you really going to avoid microwaving food just on the off chance it MIGHT give you cancer? A lot of things we do MIGHT have adverse effects in the future, but are we really gonna stop doing them? Hell, cellphones might cause brain cancer, yet mines always glued to me.

Last edited:

Well, there is no way to minimize exposure to everything that "might" cause cancer is there? I dont see the point in avoiding the microwave to heat foods because it MIGHT cause cancer, and the food you re-heat in your toaster oven has already been dyed with chemicals with might also cause cancer..and the aluminum foil you use to place foods in your toaster oven might cause alzheimers. Should I avoid walking under power lines as well because it might cause cancer as well? Hell no...

Foods do taste better when re heated in a toaster oven though, ill give you that

Another thing, it is IMPOSSIBLE to "ensure" longevity...you can eat clean as hell, stay fit, whatever..none of those things "ensure" longevity.

Well, there is no way to minimize exposure to everything that "might" cause cancer is there? I dont see the point in avoiding the microwave to heat foods because it MIGHT cause cancer, and the food you re-heat in your toaster oven has already been dyed with chemicals with might also cause cancer..and the aluminum foil you use to place foods in your toaster oven might cause alzheimers. Should I avoid walking under power lines as well because it might cause cancer as well? Hell no...

Foods do taste better when re heated in a toaster oven though, ill give you that

Well, granted you may speak for many, but I don't eat anything processed, refined, with artificial colors, dyes, chemicals, preservatives or any of that crap. My point is just because there are things you can't avoid doesn't mean you should just throw caution to the wind. Minimize risk at every opportunity.

Another thing, it is IMPOSSIBLE to "ensure" longevity...you can eat clean as hell, stay fit, whatever..none of those things "ensure" longevity.

Semantics. You know what I meant. ;)

If i didnt have a microwave i could never eat all my meals

If i didnt have a microwave i could never eat all my meals

Bullshit, dont you have stovetop/oven

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Question...

for those of you who say microwaves are "bad", do you own one at all? just wondering.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws