over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

is it genetics?

lennoxchi

Registered
after many years of training I'm starting believe that having a "six-pack" is genetic. how do you guys feel about this? it seems like no matter how long i diet consistently for i can not achieve this. i diet, do cardio for months at a time and still nothing....i can't be the only one. if there's any suggestions on how i might succeed let me know. I'd like to think i know a good amount about dieting and training but i will admit sometimes something is right in front of my face and i don't see it.

Ill never be convinced that EVERYONE can get an actual 6 pack. I dont know anything about you, so maybe you need to be leaner because thats the last part that comes in on you, maybe you need a more muscular midsection, ect ect. OR maybe you are like my 2 friends that get crazy lean, and have a very muscular midsection, but their abs just dont individualize. Its very bizzare. My one buddy gets veins all up his stomach, and it still just looks like a rock hard cooking pan or something. He can get deep etches in his intercostals, but as far as just straight up, individualized abs....nothin doin. I absolutely believe genetics are the culprit, although it does seem to be a fairly small % of people...

after many years of training I'm starting believe that having a "six-pack" is genetic. how do you guys feel about this? it seems like no matter how long i diet consistently for i can not achieve this. i diet, do cardio for months at a time and still nothing....i can't be the only one. if there's any suggestions on how i might succeed let me know. I'd like to think i know a good amount about dieting and training but i will admit sometimes something is right in front of my face and i don't see it.

you've never been lean enough then

you get down to 6% and dont SEE abs....then your a reptile

:)

Interesting things for your blog

This is an important step, because the more material you gather the more conclusive your memory book will be. Though it is very difficult to sum up someone's life to everyone's satisfaction, you give yourself a better chance if you compile as much material as possible. The sorts of items you will want to get together are, of course, photographs, letters, notes, paper scraps, and any newspaper clippings that you can find. If you are doing this at the behest of relatives or friends, you'll need to get as much help from them as you possible can and give yourself time enough to do the work. If you, for instance operate a funeral home and have recently added memorial books to your list of services, you may want to consider hiring someone full time to do this work, or finding an independent contractor that you can depend on. These books are meant to be permanent bookshelf additions, and lots of people will see them, so it will pay in the long run to put out the best and most complete finished product that you can.

**broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed** - **broken link removed**

Its not so much genetics as it is low body fat. You need to be really lean to see your 6 pack.

I agree with Shawn. Its probably a combination of not being lean enough and having shallow abs.

i never had a sixer in my life.. then again was never below 13%bf lol. I do think it has to do with genetics alot because i know a few people that don't work out or nothing and are just naturally jacked

I think its a combination of having low bodyfat and having built up some muscle in your abs from doing work in the gym. Mine got really thick by doing heavy dead lifts and squats. I could feel them, the washboard, under my layer of fat when I was heavier. Once you diet down it will be revealed. Perhaps guys that dont get the 6 pack look when really lean havent developed those muscles? Perhaps they dont do heavy lifting that really stresses those muscles- lifts like the squat and dead lift?

what's the lowest your bf% has been?

i have used those calipers before and they said 12. now my arms, legs are lean as hell....veins everywhere, i hold my fat in my chest and abs...always have. i was on a keto diet for the last 4 weeks and now i'm getting about 100 carbs on w/o days before and after the gym and the rest of the day it's like being on a keto diet, no direct sources of carbs. i'm gonna stick with this for a month and see what happens. i will still have my cheat meal once a week but it's not anything crazy.

lennoxchi, can you feel your abs under your layer like Maldorf said. If you can, then you have the muscles, if not, it may be genetic. Especially if you cycle and stil cannot build abs. When I was young and lean, as a surfer, I was always tight and firm but never had a six pack. It was only until I started weight training with aas that these muscles grew out. I think for those that are not blessed with genetics that it will be very hard to stimulate muscles that you do not naturally have unless you cycle.

It was only after 6 years of natural training and starting in on a few cycles, I started to see muscles that I never thought would be possible to grow. So if you have been cycling, getting your bf low and still cannot feel your abs, then I would choose to believe that it is because of genetics that you cannot show a six pack.

lennoxchi, can you feel your abs under your layer like Maldorf said. If you can, then you have the muscles, if not, it may be genetic. Especially if you cycle and stil cannot build abs. When I was young and lean, as a surfer, I was always tight and firm but never had a six pack. It was only until I started weight training with aas that these muscles grew out. I think for those that are not blessed with genetics that it will be very hard to stimulate muscles that you do not naturally have unless you cycle.

It was only after 6 years of natural training and starting in on a few cycles, I started to see muscles that I never thought would be possible to grow. So if you have been cycling, getting your bf low and still cannot feel your abs, then I would choose to believe that it is because of genetics that you cannot show a six pack.

good question, yes can feel them when i tense up the ab muscles or after things like DL and squats. i will be jumping on cycle again in June here.

test e 500mgs
Mast e 500mgs
running winny at a low dose from begining through week 8
then running var 9 into pct which will be week 14

so the lowest you've been is 12% and your wondering why you can't see your abs?

Get to single digit BF, keep dieting hard... like others have said, if you're down to 6% and no visible abs, then maybe its genetics.

well like i said bro the the skin on my legs are tight ass hell so when conducting the caliper BF test there was really none there....but i hear you. my head plays tricks on my though, i start dieting and feeling small. but i think i might have found a new way that works for me....low carbs and no carbs on off days and lifting a bit heavier than i'm used to....6 to 10 rep range.

Yeah if the calipers say 12%, but youre very lean in your legs and arms, that must mean you are holding alot in your stomach. When im around 12 i can still see all my abs, but im not super lean in any area. I however have to be down to around 8ish (estimate) to start seeing real cuts in my quads.

Sounds like BF is your problem. That is definitely not genetic. I misunderstood the first post a little i guess.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws