over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is It Just Our F-ing Breed?

Jungle Girl said:
No one has the same problems as BB's, but they definitely do have problems. Doesn't matter what demographic you look at.
Even the model car club has it's problems, most of the members lead sedentary lives, and every 2nd week someone is incapacitated by stroke, heart attack, colon cancer, hip replacement, members have been in legal trouble over money matters, their kids get mixed up with rec drugs, it goes on.

That's why it's good to have a forum/s where at least you get some bro's saying "we hear you mate".

You got it right Jungle Girl! Everyone has issues and insecurities. I just don't want to look like the normal person. Americans are mostly fat and lazy. I can't live my life like that. Some people like to play basketball, I like human science and lifting heavy ass weights! :D

Jungle Girl said:
No one has the same problems as BB's, but they definitely do have problems. Doesn't matter what demographic you look at.
Even the model car club has it's problems, most of the members lead sedentary lives, and every 2nd week someone is incapacitated by stroke, heart attack, colon cancer, hip replacement, members have been in legal trouble over money matters, their kids get mixed up with rec drugs, it goes on.

That's why it's good to have a forum/s where at least you get some bro's saying "we hear you mate".

Damn!! Leave to a woman to be right again! :D

Jungle Girl said:

Not buying it, sorry. You didn't understand my post fully. The diffference is that most other "types" of people out there have problems yes, but we are notorious for bringing problems unto ourselves, for no particular good reason besides a nice body. I'm not even getting into others that are related having problems like kids, elder family etc. Of course everyone has that. I am talking only about ourselves and what we bring on as far as health and prison or municipal judgement risks, blatently. The difference is we cause them ourselves, which is the key to my post. Not to say that there aren't other extreme sportsmen that put themselves through just as much torture (not talking about the fundamentals of lifting torture), but again, we are a rare breed.

Last edited:
As far as health... that is my only concern. But one can visit a doctor regularly and hopefully remain in the safe. Other than that... I don't have that kind of drama... Watch TLC and you see people with unreal problems that are in other lifestyles. Once again, I think it is the "average" type of person attracted to this lifestyle. They must be OCD by large.

Know what you mean Vander

Vander_V said:
I actually disagree bro , when i go out to malls i get weird stares people wispering and haters sure theres people that say wow you look good but either way i dislike the attention infact i hate it , its almost like a complex for me i feel like im being looked at and watched like an animal and im not even that big can you imagine what Gunter goes thro wow .

It's a catch 22 for me...I love it and I hate it (the attention). Most of the time I stay covered up in baggy clothes to avoid the stares and silly ass questions. The classics that we have all heard, "How much do you bench man?, or my personal favorite, do you take steriods? The second question is so personal but people don't even realize it. When asked this question, I typically respond by asking the person if they masturbate or if they smoke crack? They look at me all puzzled, like what do you mean man? and I explain that they are asking such a personal question so non-chalant. I mean, WTF kind of question is that, to ask someone so straight up, if they take steriods. The masturbation and/or crack use question usually makes the person change the subject or walk away. But by wearing baggies and big clothes I can typically avoid these uncomfortable moments. I guess I tend to feel this way because as bodybuilders, weight trainers, etc. we have gotten such a bad rap due to the media doing such a good job of portraying steriods in such a negative manner and the mainstream public only believes that BIG GUY = STEROID USER and that's it! I suppose that this is what makes me feel uncomfortable when others are staring and making comments under their breath and I know what they are thinking. This is especially true for me in my work environment. I work for a large fotune 100 company where gossip, true or not, is a normal way of the corporate environment and can make uncomfortable situations. I'm definitely on my own as far as being like others in my work environment. I get questions all of the time about the meals..it gets old.

On the flip side, when I'm around others that share BB or weight training interests and understand my lifestyle, I don't feel uncomfortable at all and enjoy this attention and these interactions.

I guess in a nutshell, I'm just a F**KD up individual that worries too much about what other people think. After all, I train for myself and no one else because I love the way that it makes me feel and look. I need to get the attitude of screw 'em all and who cares what others think. Maybe need a few couch/chair sessions with "Ouch that Hurts," would do some good?

Kaiser said:
Not buying it, sorry. You didn't understand my post fully. The diffference is that most other "types" of people out there have problems yes, but we are notorious for bringing problems unto ourselves, for no particular good reason besides a nice body. I'm not even getting into others that are related having problems like kids, elder family etc. Of course everyone has that. I am talking only about ourselves and what we bring on as far as health and prison or municipal judgement risks, blatently. The difference is we cause them ourselves, which is the key to my post. Not to say that there aren't other extreme sportsmen that put themselves through just as much torture (not talking about the fundamentals of lifting torture), but again, we are a rare breed.
Ok I'm with you now. :)
re: the attention thing - same as eatbig' I love the fact that I'm not normal when I feel in a "fuck you I don't give a rat's arse" mood but hate it when I'm in a "piss off and leave me alone mood." yeah - only myself to blame. :rolleyes:

EVERYONE has dirty laundry ....I don't care if its the preist at your church, the teacher at school, the police officer, the judge, the corrections officers.......EVERYONE has dirty laundry...That's why it pisses me off when people judge other people....Don't judge us BBers....look in the mirror and point the finger right back at yourself...You aren't any better then us so kiss my ass america....

Jrflex10er said:
EVERYONE has dirty laundry ....I don't care if its the preist at your church, the teacher at school, the police officer, the judge, the corrections officers.......EVERYONE has dirty laundry...That's why it pisses me off when people judge other people....Don't judge us BBers....look in the mirror and point the finger right back at yourself...You aren't any better then us so kiss my ass america....

Tell us how you REALLY feel...

mwahahaha

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear