advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is it ok to Donate your blood while on test?

The blood clot and heart attack risk is no joke. Just look at my sig down there \/. Yes it is good for you, it is safe to do while on cycle, and safe for the person receiving. As mentioned, you can even be a RBC donor, as your body will over produce this on AAS, and the Blood Banks can use an RBC donor more than those that give just general blood.

As far as recovering from giving the blood, it only takes like 1-2 days if I recall correctly for the body to replace what you donated.

Hey, youre in my club! I survived a really bad heart attack 2 years ago and documented it all on here. http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/37736-just-survived-heart-attack-age-38-follow-up-phils-post.htmlI now have an implanted defibrilator and pacemaker. Do you have one of those? My ef last year was <20%.

Yeah, it only takes a day or two for your body to replenish the blood volume and get your blood pressure back up, but the red blood cells are going to be lower for over 1 month or more. I have to routinely get phlebotomies now to keep mine down.

I suppose having the extra hormones in there wont hurt. You have to consider how small a % 500ml is of your total blood volume and because of that I dont think the person will be getting too large a dose of test. They migth even have a way to filter it out, i dont know. Most places though do have you fill out a form and one of the questions you have to answer NO to is "have you ever used steroids?". I think they are worried we all share needles and have HIV or Hep B !!

Wow bro sorry to hear. Just commented on your thread, and will soon post my own story for all (that read it) to learn from. Mine is a direct result of combining AAS with hereditary blood clotting disorders that develop later in life, for me my late 30's. Not knowing I had these conditions almost left me dead. Fortunately for me I was in surgery in less than 45 minutes from dialing 911, so here I am to talk about it. The fast reaction led to a heart that escaped any real damage, so today I am doing fine.

So look for the new Topic, but back onto this one, if you are using AAS give blood! You do a good thing for someone else, and you protect yourself.

Wow bro sorry to hear. Just commented on your thread, and will soon post my own story for all (that read it) to learn from. Mine is a direct result of combining AAS with hereditary blood clotting disorders that develop later in life, for me my late 30's. Not knowing I had these conditions almost left me dead. Fortunately for me I was in surgery in less than 45 minutes from dialing 911, so here I am to talk about it. The fast reaction led to a heart that escaped any real damage, so today I am doing fine.

So look for the new Topic, but back onto this one, if you are using AAS give blood! You do a good thing for someone else, and you protect yourself.

So in the cath lab all they had to do was suck out the clot? thats what happend with me. It was in my right coronary. They couldnt even put a stent in my because my arteries were too big and they didnt have a stent big enough around. The doc seemed a bit shocked. I had no plaque build up to speak of anywhere so I didnt need a bypass. Just sucked the clot out like a vacuum cleaner.

Exactly the same. Blood clot induced heart attack, no need for stint. Cardiac catheterization to save my life, then I was fine.

Exactly the same. Blood clot induced heart attack, no need for stint. Cardiac catheterization to save my life, then I was fine.

My heart lost so much tissue probably because I was in denial. I blamed my ill feeling on squating too hard and I drove home and went to bed. I had no chest pain though. My symtoms were: nausea, dizziness, felt like I was going to black out, and really bad heart burn. After resting for about 30 min most of the symptoms even went away! The only thing that stuck around was the bad heart burn feeling in my throat. No burning in the chest, it was all throat. I have felt nearly that bad before in the past when i was healthy and just brushed it off as more of the same. I always figured you would have some chest pains, especially with a 100% blockage of the RCA. I had ZERO chest pain. It was all referred pain in my esophagus. I did not go to the hospital until many hours later. Once there though I was in the cath lab within 20 min of getting there.

I can. AAS (especially EQ) increases red blood cell counts, and blood thickness which is tested and referred to by INR Level. These things can increase the risk of several health issues, including blood clotting and related health events such as heart attack, stroke, pulmonary embolism, etc. When you donate blood, you reduce your RBC and INR by your body replacing the blood that was taken, returning blood back to healthier levels.

It is advisable to donate blood, red blood cells, and even platelets while on cycle.

this is a solid answer bro

this is a solid answer bro

One thing that happens a lot when your hematocrit gets high I learned from my experience is that the platelet count can actually go down. My count is always just below normal now when my HCT is 53% or so. Once I got it down to average normal levels the platet count went up.

You can still have a blood clot even when your hematocrit and hemoglobin are normal. I had one. I had just drawn blood and had my hemoglobin down to around 15.5-16.

Another factor other than how thick your blood is would be your clotting factors. It has been seen that taking superphysiological doses of steroids can alter your clotting factor levels and raise your chances of clotting. When I had my clot I was only taking 750 mg/wk test. So for someone that has a clotting disroder this can be deadly. There is a risk even when not on steroids, but when youre on it raises the chances a lot. Even though I do not take more than 100mg/wk now, I am on coumadin because it works directly against prothrombin.

You can have these clotting disorders and live your whole life and never know it because you have no problems. In fact, that is usually what happens.It turns out my mother has the trait and passed it on to me. She is 70 yrs old and never knew she had it unitl after my heart attack when I urged her to get tested. Its when you do things in your life like take these hormones that problems come up. The prothrombin mutation is found in about 2% of the causcasian populaProblems are rare enough that her doctor did not even put her on coumadin or any meds because she has lived so long without any issues. Taking coumadin has its own issues and risks and so they dont use it unless they feel they have to. I asked my hematologist if he would medicate my mother and he said no, even though she has the exact same trait as me. My mother had even been on female HRT for a long time and never had an issue, go figure. I guess maybe the male hormones are worse for risk.

Last edited:
Not to get to far off topic but how many of you guys take low dose aspirin while your running your cycle?
I donate every 6 weeks as the red cross hounds me but i was wondering if any of you guys that don't donate take the aspirin to help thin the blood

Gunsmith AMEN for your quote in your sig :). Low dose aspirin is like knife to a gun fight. The elevated RBC (red blood cell) is what really thickens your blood. If you are on EQ this is even more so amplified. AAS increases Hematocrit, which is the proportion level of blood occupied by cells (rbc, wbc, platelets). So thinning the blood doesn't make it any less dense as the aspirin does not impact size or stickiness of cells. Giving blood is the only thing to put you at less risk.

Gunsmith AMEN for your quote in your sig :). Low dose aspirin is like knife to a gun fight. The elevated RBC (red blood cell) is what really thickens your blood. If you are on EQ this is even more so amplified. AAS increases Hematocrit, which is the proportion level of blood occupied by cells (rbc, wbc, platelets). So thinning the blood doesn't make it any less dense as the aspirin does not impact size or stickiness of cells. Giving blood is the only thing to put you at less risk.

Here is something I found that explains how aspirin helps to prevent blood clots. It says it better than I could.

"How does aspirin work?
Aspirin helps to prevent blood clots forming. A blood clot may form in an artery (blood vessel) if a lot of platelets stick onto some atheroma. A clot in an artery may stop blood flowing to the tissues 'downstream'. If a blood clot forms in an artery in the heart or brain, it may cause a heart attack or stroke.

Atheroma patches are like fatty lumps that develop in the inside lining of some arteries. This mainly occurs in older people and is sometimes called 'hardening of the arteries'.

Platelets are tiny particles in the blood that help the blood to clot when a blood vessel is cut. Platelets sometimes stick onto atheroma inside an artery.

Low dose aspirin reduces the 'stickiness' of platelets. This helps to stop platelets sticking to a patch of atheroma and forming a blood clot..

.What is the dose of aspirin to prevent blood clots?
The usual dose to prevent blood clots is 75 mg each day. This is a lot less than the dose for pain relief. Taking more than the recommended dose does not make aspirin work any better to prevent blood clots, but increases the risk of side-effects developing. Therefore, stick to the dose recommended by your doctor which is usually 75 mg daily.

If you take low-dose aspirin to prevent blood clots and you need to take painkillers (for example, for headaches) it is best to take paracetamol rather than a higher dose of aspirin.."

Here is more off antoher site, and this is more detailed"

"Thrombin formation

Thrombin (activated Factor II [IIa]), a serine protease, converts fibrinogen into insoluble strands of fibrin. Fibrin, a protein, crosslinks with Factor XIII enzyme (fibrin stabilizing Factor FXIII) and combines with platelets to form a clot.

Studies of microvascular injury models have demonstrated that aspirin at a daily dose of 30 mg administered for one week decreased thrombin formation in healthy patients. Aspirin at higher doses (75 mg and 300 mg) decreased concentrations of thrombin markers similarly, as did a single dose of 500 mg following a period of aspirin therapy. This thrombin-lowering effect was found in healthy individuals and patients with increased risk for coronary artery disease.

A seven-day course of low-dose (75 mg) aspirin was associated with slower prothrombin consumption (by 29%), thrombin formation (by 27.2%) and prothrombinase formation (by 29%) at the site of microvascular injury."

" Polymorphisms and fibrin

When aspirin inhibits thrombin generation, it subsequently inhibits the creation of fibrin on arterial walls, thus interrupting hemostasis. Upon introduction into fibrin, aspirin may interfere with FXIII activation and function because fibrinogen and fibrin enhance FXIII activation approximately 100-fold. Genetic polymorphisms influenced by aspirin may consequently alter the stability of the fibrin network.

The Val34Leu polymorphism in the A chain of FXIII is in close proximity to the thrombin cleavage site at Arg37-Glyl38. It has been suggested that this mutation may influence FXIII activation due to its relative position. The researchers showed that a seven-day administration of 75 mg aspirin per day inhibits FXIII activation to a greater degree in LEU34–positive healthy patients compared with patients with the Val34Val genotype.

Mann and colleagues cited a study of fibrin clot properties in healthy individuals with three allelic variants of the FXIII Val34Leu mutation before and after they received 300 mg aspirin. After four hours, patients with the LEU34 allele exhibited significantly greater clot permeability, although permeability increased in association with the Val34Leu polymorphism to some degree in all patients.

The researchers suggested that aspirin alters fibrin cross-linking to a greater degree in individuals with the LEU34 allele compared with individuals with the Val34Val genotype. Therefore, a pharmacogenetic association might exist between aspirin’s antithrombotic effects and the presence of the FXIII LEU34 allele, according to the researchers.

A common polymorphism of the B3-integrin gene, PIA1A2, may modulate the effect of aspirin-related alterations in thrombin formation. Studies have found impaired platelet aggregation in patients with the PI*A2 allele who were treated with aspirin. "

"Aspirin and cholesterol

The researchers noted a positive correlation between total cholesterol or low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and the amount of thrombin generated after aspirin administration. Studies showed that 75 mg aspirin daily reduced thrombin formation only in patients whose total cholesterol level was below 200 mg/dL. In patients with total cholesterol levels between 200 mg/dL and 250 mg/dL, low-dose aspirin did not appear to impair thrombin formation. However, 300 mg aspirin daily has shown to inhibit thrombin generation in patients with a total cholesterol less than 240 mg/dL and LDL cholesterol less than 155 mg/dL. "

That last part is something that i just learned about aspirin. So keeping your total cholesterol low is very influential in how well aspirin lowers thrombin levels. Thrombin is what I have trouble with indirectly becuase of my trait-prothrombin disorder. Luckily my total cholesterol last time was about 105 and its been nice and low even when I had my heart attack. I was also taking an adult aspirin per day when i had the heart attack. Back then I was still thinking "more is better". I now know that just a baby aspirin is actually better for you.

Yeah sorry my bad, aspirin does reduce stickiness of clots, but it is very low powered option. Combined with Plavix, this combo is very effective in reducing ability for clots to form from platelets. One might consider the option of taking these two on cycle, but it gets complicated. Certain AAS will thicken blood, others like Anavar amplify the effectiveness of blood thinners and platelet meds thereby putting you at real bleeding risk in event of injury.

Unless you are doing weekly bloodwork, and understand what you are doing, you shouldn't play with perscription blood meds. Baby aspirin is fine, but don't count on it saving you. So it all goes back to the following for safety:

(1) Check your blood before you stick yourself FIRST and FOREMOST
(2) Give blood, and take a baby aspirin daily while on cycle

Last edited:
Very good Info here! Thanks Guys

Opinions on hawthorn berry for blood pressure? I recently added this to my regimen.

I always heard there was no problem to donate our blood being ON, now I've got explanations ! Thanks all :)

Yeah sorry my bad, aspirin does reduce stickiness of clots, but it is very low powered option. Combined with Plavix, this combo is very effective in reducing ability for clots to form from platelets. One might consider the option of taking these two on cycle, but it gets complicated. Certain AAS will thicken blood, others like Anavar amplify the effectiveness of blood thinners and platelet meds thereby putting you at real bleeding risk in event of injury.

Unless you are doing weekly bloodwork, and understand what you are doing, you shouldn't play with perscription blood meds. Baby aspirin is fine, but don't count on it saving you. So it all goes back to the following for safety:

(1) Check your blood before you stick yourself FIRST and FOREMOST
(2) Give blood, and take a baby aspirin daily while on cycle

Yeah, I dont want anyone on here to think that taking aspirin each day is going to make them bullet proof. Heck, I was taking it when I had my clot and I also had a hemoglobin around 15.5 or so. Those clotting factors arent ever tested.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear