advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is it possible to get fat from coconut oil?

Ocean cool

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I know coconut oil gets burn and don't get stored as BF unlike olive oil.

Is it safe to say that no matter how much coconut oil you consume, u'll never get fat??

I'd be more concerned about having the runs from consuming too much coconut oil.

^LOL

you can gain fat on about anything (besides fiborous greens)
too many calories over needs will be fat so yes you can.

maybe you need to re approach the question.

how much are you consuming?
-JS

^LOL

you can gain fat on about anything (besides fiborous greens)
too many calories over needs will be fat so yes you can.

maybe you need to re approach the question.

how much are you consuming?
-JS

JM and Selby recommends allot of coconut oil in their thread.

Unlike other essential oils, coconut oil gets burn off as energy straight away. My question is, does over consuming coconut oil get stored as BF?

i'm currenting dieting and plan to add an additional 4x table spoon of coconut oil. That would make it a total of 7x tablespoon of coconut oil a day. Simply because i like it.

I am not expert at all but I always thought it was as simple as

too many calories = gain fat, and since coconut oil has 120 calories per tablespoon then... too much coconut oil can cause an excess of calories therefore resulting in gaining fat

JM and Selby recommends allot of coconut oil in their thread.

Unlike other essential oils, coconut oil gets burn off as energy straight away. My question is, does over consuming coconut oil get stored as BF?

i'm currenting dieting and plan to add an additional 4x table spoon of coconut oil. That would make it a total of 7x tablespoon of coconut oil a day. Simply because i like it.

link to that thread?

also yes, if you exceed your calorie needs, you'll get fat.. IIRC coconut oil is like 50-60% MCT

unless you are ONLY eating coconut oil u could never know lol
your question is simple... can you get fat from too many calories? yes.
does coconut have calories? yes.
take a guy that eats 2000 cal diet of protein only
another guys eats 2000 cal protein plus tons and tons of coconut oil all day. drinks it with a straw. all day.
who you think will be leaner?
cocunt isw a healthy fat but lets use logic.
maybe i have had too many drinks...?
-JS

too many calories = gain fat, and since coconut oil has 120 calories per tablespoon then... too much coconut oil can cause an excess of calories therefore resulting in gaining fat

Yes but this is a different oil we are talking about.

If we are talking about olive oil, grade seed oil, palm oil, then i'll agree with u.

But coconut oil is unique. It gets burn off.

That is why i'm a little confuse when coaches ask me to add coconut oil pre contest as the contest gets closer.

Makes pretty good sense to me...

Yes but this is a different oil we are talking about.

If we are talking about olive oil, grade seed oil, palm oil, then i'll agree with u.

But coconut oil is unique. It gets burn off.

That is why i'm a little confuse when coaches ask me to add coconut oil pre contest as the contest gets closer.

If you look at the bigger picture are they having you up your coconut oil intake and cut back on something else? Or perhaps up the cardio?

On a total dude note, I actually use it as lotion too. Good for the skin, just rub it on.

calories in vs. calories out.

Coconut oil has a lot of fat (duh) thus it having a lot of calories so yeah you can get fat off of it.

But with green fibrous veggies your good to go :D

Yes of course you can get fat from too much coconut oil, this thread reminds me of the other silly thread asking if its possible to get fat off of a keto diet . :(

yes u can get fat from to much coconut oil

coconut oil being majority MCTs is just less likely to be stored as fat as it is easily burned unlike other long chain fatty acids, and provides a good source of energy in conjunction with carbohydrates

but yes u can get fat off it

the only time u wouldnt get fat off it would be if you had a very low carb diet and used coconut oil as part fo a ketogenic diet, then u wouldnt get fat as ud have not enough insulin secretion in order to store the extra fatty acids

but this applies to all fatty acids, not jus coconut oil

Last edited:
You guys are wrong. Back in the 1930s, Dr. Weston Price found South Pacific Islanders whose diets were high in coconut to be healthy and trim, despite high dietary fat, and heart disease was virtually non-existent. Similarly, in 1981, researchers studying two Polynesian communities for whom coconut was the primary caloric energy source found them to have excellent cardiovascular health and fitness. The first, extra-virgin olive oil is the best monounsaturated fat and works great as a salad dressing. However, olive oil should not be used for cooking. Due to its chemical structure, heat makes olive oil susceptible to oxidative damage. So for cooking, I use coconut oil exclusively. Nearly 50 percent of the fat in coconut oil is of a type rarely found in nature called lauric acid, a "miracle" compound because of its unique health promoting properties. Your body converts lauric acid into monolaurin, which has anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-protozoa properties.

And polyunsaturated fats, which include common vegetable oils such as corn, soy, safflower, sunflower and canola, are absolutely the worst oils to cook with.

You guys are wrong. Back in the 1930s, Dr. Weston Price found South Pacific Islanders whose diets were high in coconut to be healthy and trim, despite high dietary fat, and heart disease was virtually non-existent. Similarly, in 1981, researchers studying two Polynesian communities for whom coconut was the primary caloric energy source found them to have excellent cardiovascular health and fitness. The first, extra-virgin olive oil is the best monounsaturated fat and works great as a salad dressing. However, olive oil should not be used for cooking. Due to its chemical structure, heat makes olive oil susceptible to oxidative damage. So for cooking, I use coconut oil exclusively. Nearly 50 percent of the fat in coconut oil is of a type rarely found in nature called lauric acid, a "miracle" compound because of its unique health promoting properties. Your body converts lauric acid into monolaurin, which has anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-protozoa properties.

And polyunsaturated fats, which include common vegetable oils such as corn, soy, safflower, sunflower and canola, are absolutely the worst oils to cook with.

I don't think anybody is wrong; coconut oil is fantastic....I am sure the Pacific Islanders worked their butts off daily fishing, hunting etc. burning lot of calories. I consume coconut oil daily; add 2 tablespoons to my coffee every morning.

i love coconut oil and grassfed butter

i have a gallon tub of coconut oil and a bunch of kerrygold bars on my table by my laptop (i like to eat and browse)

Are u saying over consumption of coconut oil is unlikely to make u fat?

I don't think anybody is wrong; coconut oil is fantastic....I am sure the Pacific Islanders worked their butts off daily fishing, hunting etc. burning lot of calories. I consume coconut oil daily; add 2 tablespoons to my coffee every morning.

Damn i gotta try that out

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar