YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

is it safe to take an oral while on prednisone?

ATLien

Registered
I have always had issues with my tonsils getting inflamed and the Dr always prescribes me prednisone to reduce the swelling. I was 5 days into a 60mg tbol kickstart when they got inflamed this time. I stopped the tbol so I could start the prednisone, because I figure both would be too harsh on your liver at the same time.

anyone else had to deal with this before?

cheers

find an alternative to prednisone. I'll never get back on that shit.

is there on you recommend? I actually think I'm getting immune to it. My throat is actually getting worse. This has never happened before. fml :banghead:

I just want to get better and get back on the tbol

If its ever mandatory stay on it as short of period as possible. It can have nasty sides in some people. With that said it is often an effective treatment for some ailments.

Thanks. Yeah prednisone makes me red as fuck and antsy.

Off topic, but ashop is the best rep on here and it's not even close

is there on you recommend? I actually think I'm getting immune to it. My throat is actually getting worse. This has never happened before. fml :banghead:

I just want to get better and get back on the tbol

I had to take it for UC. It does a great job at healing, but my anxiety, anger, and irrational logic is too much to handle. I take a more natural way of dealing with it. I'm sorry as I know this doesn't help your current situation. Just try to get off it ASAP.. Also, I gained so much fat from it :( 12lbs in 6 days ugh..

That drug helped save my life when I was in the ICU with epiglottitis, but the worst side effects I've ever experienced from a drug. I was an emotional wreck and couldn't wean myself off fast enough. It also killed my adrenal function for some time which was hard metally, so I couldn't fathom running and oral with that drug.

Why not have your tonsils removed?

Yah no kidding, there was piece on the news last night about this very issue. Many adults are getting tonsils removed as a preventative measure.

Trust me, I would have them taken out today if I could take enough time off of work to heal. I am a store manager with one part time employee, so it's nearly impossible to not talk for 7-10 days straight. I curse my parents for not having them removed when I was a child!

Well, there are many misgivings and misunderstandings about The Cort.
But, when I'm in a bind, I pick up Nasacort from the OC drugstore and make preparations for my skin, etc.

Triamcinolone Acetonide is stronger and one of the better forms. I'm sure that you could just spray it straight down on your tonsils. What sort of preparation of Pred do you have? I'm sure that it would be better to apply a concentrated version directly on your tonsils.

Regardless, this is a slippery slope...

Trust me, I would have them taken out today if I could take enough time off of work to heal. I am a store manager with one part time employee, so it's nearly impossible to not talk for 7-10 days straight. I curse my parents for not having them removed when I was a child!

This is actually a pretty good example as analogy.

The Cortical Steroids reduce the inflammation as a measure of function so that you may go about your business, and a proper reduction of inflammation is also required to best allow it heal.

Yet they also "reduce" the immune response, preventing the immune system from killing the pathogens, etc. What a neverending cluster f%&^*!

That's why they created NSAIDS. And recently there has been an improved attempt to research specific prostaglandin antagonists to deal with the specifics.

prednisone

I have always had issues with my tonsils getting inflamed and the Dr always prescribes me prednisone to reduce the swelling. I was 5 days into a 60mg tbol kickstart when they got inflamed this time. I stopped the tbol so I could start the prednisone, because I figure both would be too harsh on your liver at the same time.

anyone else had to deal with this before?

cheers

I had to take it for UC. It does a great job at healing, but my anxiety, anger, and irrational logic is too much to handle. I take a more natural way of dealing with it. I'm sorry as I know this doesn't help your current situation. Just try to get off it ASAP. Also, I gained so much fat from it :( 12lbs in 6 days ugh..

My opinion . . .

I agree with you about its healing properties. It is truly a miracle drug in most
instances, as most ‘drugs’ have the potential to work if taken as prescribed. But
statistically, most drugs are not taken as prescribed . . . people do not take them
for the correct amount of time or they fail to take them at all. (Do the research,
this is true.)

About prednisone, I have taken it for only one issue I won’t bore you with
details, but it did work perfectly 3X . . . but the fourth time, not so good. Even when
injected directly into my ear, yes . . . piercing my ear drum . . . probably the most
pain I have ever endured (and I could feel the prednisone run down the back of
throat; yes that much of it). I did this every week for over a month. Plus huge
amounts of orals for over month.

The anxiety, etc. like you mentioned, I can completely understand. It must be
experienced to be believed. And the sleeplessness, wow. No sleeping pills worked
for me. Just understand it’s the medication and not you.

I was working on a film in SF back then and had to excuse myself (not easy) from the
set to get my shots. I came home every night and could not believe how big, bloated
my stomach was. I would literally be in tears looking at myself in the mirror. Could
not believe it. What was happing to me?

It is not fat you gained in my opinion, at least for me with short time usage. When
on my last mega dose of prednisone I would gain ‘weight’ during the day like crazy
but by morning I was pretty much back to normal. Maybe water weight, something
else (water?, I don’t know). I know one person one person who was on a high dose
for years, and she blew up literally like a balloon. Nobody believed it was the prednisone,
but we both believe it
was.

My unsolicited advice; take it if you need it, it works like nothing else. There is no natural
substitute that will do what it can do in my opinion. Use it cautiously for sure, but use it
if you must. I know too many people who have been one it (cancer patients, transplant
patients, bla, bla, bla . . .) Taper off up and down like they say (important) and you will be
just fine if you have to use it again, but I’m sure you already know that.

Drugs are like a pistol . . . when you need it you need it badly, you need it now, and nothing else will do.

Good luck.

PS. and why ‘eff around with the tbol when on the prednisone? I doubt anybody here or anywhere
for that matter, can really answer that question with any degree of accuracy.

PPS. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

Last edited:
My opinion . . .

I agree with you about its healing properties. It is truly a miracle drug in most
instances, as most ‘drugs’ have the potential to work if taken as prescribed. But
statistically, most drugs are not taken as prescribed . . . people do not take them
for the correct amount of time or they fail to take them at all. (Do the research,
this is true.)

About prednisone, I have taken it for only one issue I won’t bore you with
details, but it did work perfectly 3X . . . but the fourth time, not so good. Even when
injected directly into my ear, yes . . . piercing my ear drum . . . probably the most
pain I have ever endured (and I could feel the prednisone run down the back of
throat; yes that much of it). I did this every week for over a month. Plus huge
amounts of orals for over month.

The anxiety, etc. like you mentioned, I can completely understand. It must be
experienced to be believed. And the sleeplessness, wow. No sleeping pills worked
for me. Just understand it’s the medication and not you.

I was working on a film in SF back then and had to excuse myself (not easy) from the
set to get my shots. I came home every night and could not believe how big, bloated
my stomach was. I would literally be in tears looking at myself in the mirror. Could
not believe it. What was happing to me?

It is not fat you gained in my opinion, at least for me with short time usage. When
on my last mega dose of prednisone I would gain ‘weight’ during the day like crazy
but by morning I was pretty much back to normal. Maybe water weight, something
else (water?, I don’t know). I know one person one person who was on a high dose
for years, and she blew up literally like a balloon. Nobody believed it was the prednisone,
but we both believe it
was.

My unsolicited advice; take it if you need it, it works like nothing else. There is no natural
substitute that will do what it can do in my opinion. Use it cautiously for sure, but use it
if you must. I know too many people who have been one it (cancer patients, transplant
patients, bla, bla, bla . . .) Taper off up and down like they say (important) and you will be
just fine if you have to use it again, but I’m sure you already know that.

Drugs are like a pistol . . . when you need it you need it badly, you need it now, and nothing else will do.

Good luck.

PS. and why ‘eff around with the tbol when on the prednisone? I doubt anybody here or anywhere
for that matter, can really answer that question with any degree of accuracy.

PPS. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

You're right. my supertest is still working, so I'm feeling alright :headbang:

just wanted to kickstart my tren e with the tbol.

it will have to wait another week :banghead:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420