over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is it time to increase my cardio?

Starkraven

Banned
45 minutes in the AM 6 days a week and i do think i need more cardio.
Bloat from the test is hiding everything, which i just dropped, and just running tren e at 500mg per week..and soon proviron.
Week 6 begins tomorrow.

Is it time to start adding in 30 minutes post-workout and doing 60 in the AM?
That would double my cardio.
I started around 17% so i might be 15% now and goal is to hit 8% in 7 weeks.
Total weeks planned: 12, with 7 left. Is it possible with doubling the cardio?
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
good luck bro. i am doing 20 min / 6 days a week and twice/ 3 days a week. trying to loose some before i start anything serious. i have re-vamp my diet too and stop all diet cola,s , eating bread, no sweets, and not eating past 730pm.

what does your cardio look like mate ?

Treadmill: 3.5mph at 8% incline mostly holding onto the bars.
According to the machine, it puts me a little below my 70% heart rate i should be following which is around 138 i believe.
If I don't hold onto the bars, im at the heart rate exactly.
Either way, as far as AM is concerned, i will increase it from 45 to 60 min.
Just wondering if i should add 30 min post-workout because i really want to lean out and my diet is like a pre-contest BB.

Starkraven said:
45 minutes in the AM 6 days a week and i do think i need more cardio.
Bloat from the test is hiding everything, which i just dropped, and just running tren e at 500mg per week..and soon proviron.
Week 6 begins tomorrow.

Is it time to start adding in 30 minutes post-workout and doing 60 in the AM?
That would double my cardio.
I started around 17% so i might be 15% now and goal is to hit 8% in 7 weeks.
Total weeks planned: 12, with 7 left. Is it possible with doubling the cardio?
Any suggestions?

Thiers probably a lot of right answers to what might work better for you, I always play around and tweak things to see whats the current thing working best for me.

Maybe consider increasing duration to 90 minutes on empty stomache, 4-5days/week, and get your hands on some letrozole or something for the bloat. Also you may just want to drop the test enath peroid, maybe try some prop instead if bloat is a concern, I dont think more cardio is neccesary the answer.

Thanks Dave.
I have an endo type body and have never been lean in my life so my metabolism is real slow.
I never really did cardio so I have always failed in getting lean.
I used to go the dnp/t3 route but I would rather learn my body and I have never achieved the results with those drugs anyway.
Because I know that diet/cardio is the only way to get lean.
I just don't feel that 45 minutes 6 days a week is enough for me.
As in I don't see much fat loss happening at all.
I read gooey did 5 hours and if thats what it takes, i'll do it.
I did drop the test e completely even though I was thinking of running only 125mg per week for physiological levels along with the tren e at 500mg per week and I will get some proviron soon at 50mg ed.

I am in the same boat as you Starkraven... I am an endomorph and have never been lean my life. I've tried DNP, t3, clen, etc and just have never gotten really good results. I got married in October and I now have more body fat than I have ever had.

I am on day 8 of no carbs and 60 minutes of low-med intesity cardio. I've been off the sauce for about 5 months now. I usually eat 2 celery stalks for "breakfast" and then head to the gym. Post workout I take ECA and them ECA again in the afternoon. In 8 days I've lost 5lbs.

If I maintain no carbs and cardio for 4 weeks and lose 20lbs I'll be happy. I know I may be losing a little bit of muscle, but really, at this point, I don't care. I need to lean down, even if it means sacrificing a bit of muscle. If I can lose the 20lbs I want to lose, I'll reward myself with a cycle to replace the lost muscle ;)

no need for excess cardio if you re-vamp your diet, which determines most of your bodyweight anyway.

TH

I don't think increasing your cardio to the amount your talking about would have so much benefits. Your body adapts to everything,-including cardio, so when you stop dieting you will have to keep up all that cardio or much of it to maintain shape. In other words you will get lesser and lesser results from cardio the more you do. try interval cardio or something instead to keep your body guessing.

I dropped from 18% to 9% bf in 8 weeks following bigA's layout with some small adjustments : did 20 min cardio 5 days a week on mornings and HIT workouts 3x a week. Kept almost all gains with a little testo and winny and cycled effedrin and clenbuterol two weeks on/off. I would really recommand it, dosen't mather what kind of bodytype you are, just follow the diet and keep it up and you will see results fast.

I actually have done that. i increased my caloric intake as i was dieting on too low of calories.
I understand i might have lost more weight but i can tell my body wasnt changing much, so i upped my cals now to about 1900-2000.
I eat 6 meals.
2 egg white meals
2 chicken breast meals
2 tuna meals
Sometimes I will have lean meat but rarely.
I only eat old fashioned oats for carbs.
I have two meals of green veggies like brocolli and rommaine lettuce
I eat .75g carbs/lb
I eat 1.5-1.75g protein/lb
I eat 40g fat from udo's choice (mostly), 1 TBSP natural pb and 2 whole eggs
For now I will stick with 60 minutes in the morning.
I also just changed my training routine back to 5 days a week as I was doing 3 and actually not even doing much.
So more sets and more volume now and a higher intensity..pyramiding weights from 12 to 4.
So this is a quite a change from what I have been doing the past 5 weeks.

I think the key is to keep your body guessing to loose as much fat as possible. If you have a slow metabolism this is even more important, change up diet/training/fat burning supps/cardio. Take a look at the article I'm talking about. You see the diet drops more and more carbs as the weeks pass, and does not start really low carb before the last weeks.

Hey diskey.
Ive read that article many times.
I don't want to cook different carbs meals as I only wish to stick with oats and keep it simple.
Getting lean is already tough enough so id like to keep the cooking simple.
Ive been given many ideas and paths to take.
But I have also learned that no one can really tell me exactly what to follow because they don't know my body.
So it's all left for me to figure out I guess.
I do agree to keep the body guessing but people do the same cardio routine and still get lean so I don't know why I have to change up cardio???
I understand changing the diet a tad bit over time as in messing around with carbs.
And changing up the training as well, as in not doing the same exercises over and over or in the same order for the same weight and reps, etc.
I personally think my diet is spot on although you might disagree.
I read an article once before that mentioned if you want to double your fat loss, then double your cardio.
Is this not true?
BTW, I have been changing up throughout the entire phase because of what I notice.
I changed the diet, now the routine and cardio.

Trulyhuge said:
no need for excess cardio if you re-vamp your diet, which determines most of your bodyweight anyway.

TH

When you say re-vamp your diet, what exactly do you mean?
How different do you change the diet?
My understanding is that only carbs and fat change.
So with that being said, if one does .75g carbs/lb, then where do you re-vamp from there?
Higher carbs?
Higher fats?
BOTH?
And for how long?
BTW, don't alot of bodybuilders stick with low intensity cardio throughout the entire phase although supposedly "you adapt"?
Why change cardio?
Thanks.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member