YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is it worth having a cheat meal on a Keto lifestyle if I always feel like shit and miserable afterwards?

I think you answered your own question with the title my brother :p

fuck that shit, if eating a certain way makes you feel like shit / unhealthy then its probably not the best for your particular physiology/genes

Reactions: dj
I have basically been on TRT, doing lots of cardio and worked hard to burn off BOTH muscle and fat on purpose to get my body weight down for health and longevity. This is the lightest I have been since I was a teen.

At this stage of my life at 38 it’s safe to say big muscles are in the rear view mirror. I love feeling light, healthy, having nice abs and feeling great while being on a keto lifestyle.

I keep reading about why you supposedly must have one cheat meal a week to keep your body from adapting but everytime I have a huge carb and sugar cheat meal I feel miserable, slow and weak the next day. Last night I had my cheat meal and today I felt so groggy in the gym and could barely finish my cardio session.

Do I really NEED these cheat meals? Yes, I love the ice cream and cake while eating it but it’s definitely not worth the price I pay the following day. Any advice?
or you could just use really clean carbs like white rice, cream of wheat, cream of rice, rice krispies even if you want, id also do some fruit like pineapple

Mate....
Meat, white fish, salmon, avocado, chia seeds, if this isn't a ketogenic diet, i don't know what else can be....

It's basically the Palumbo Keto diet, which has high prots....
The pablumbo diet was high protein high fat almost no carb. Tons of macadamia nut oil. It was 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound, and about half a gram of fat per pound. If you do the math, that comes out to be the same or more calories from fat than from protein considering there’s 9 calories in a fat gram and 4 in protein

I used to stupidly think I needed extremely high carb 'refeed' days on a CKD, only for the same shit to happen every time. High carb refeeds and shit loads aren't for your average person, they're a peak week strategy and only for people who need and can handle them. Most would do far better on either the occasional cheat Meal, no cheats at all, or an approach of a couple days of slower digesting carbs and some healthy fats thrown in. One day of super high carbs isn't gonna really do you any good, anyway, and isn't going to 'boost your metabolism' or any nonsense like that. Honestly, they're most useful as a mental break from dieting

If you're talking precontest strategies, I'm not your guy.

i don't think that being on keto all year round will be healthy at all, a CKD diet will work better.
Mon-Sat = Keto with high prots, low fats
Sunday = Load the carbs/Cheat day, with Metformin at the end of the day

It's basically what Coach Steve did for years upon years.
The Sunday carbs are there to load your glycogen store for the rest of the week.

Just search for Cyclic Ketogenic Diet, it's nothing new...
What makes you think it wouldn’t be healthy?

The pablumbo diet was high protein high fat almost no carb. Tons of macadamia nut oil. It was 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound, and about half a gram of fat per pound. If you do the math, that comes out to be the same or more calories from fat than from protein considering there’s 9 calories in a fat gram and 4 in protein
ezgif-2-0bf9670976.gif

What makes you think it wouldn’t be healthy?
I think that you will lack some micronutrients by eating ketogenic.

If eating healthy is what someone needs i would go for an Intermittent Fasting diet instead.
Just hit your calories with 3-4 meals, put your training around that meals and you should be fine.

I think that you will lack some micronutrients by eating ketogenic.

If eating healthy is what someone needs i would go for an Intermittent Fasting diet instead.
Just hit your calories with 3-4 meals, put your training around that meals and you should be fine.
You think that…..but have you actually looked into it? Exactly which macronutrients are in starchy carbs and fruits that you can’t get while eating keto? It might take a bit more purposeful eating to get all the micro nutrients on keto, but getting in some almonds, various leafy greens, Brussels sprouts, egg with yolks, all the meats, cheeses, red peppers, and avocados will pretty much take care of anyones micro nutrient needs and are all included in a keto diet

You think that…..but have you actually looked into it? Exactly which macronutrients are in starchy carbs and fruits that you can’t get while eating keto? It might take a bit more purposeful eating to get all the micro nutrients on keto, but getting in some almonds, various leafy greens, Brussels sprouts, egg with yolks, all the meats, cheeses, red peppers, and avocados will pretty much take care of anyones micro nutrient needs and are all included in a keto diet
Well fucking said 👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿

Well fucking said 👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿
I'm telling you, if @heavyhitter was local, I'd have zero probs putting him up with a nice expense account just to watch over my training and nutrition (dude knows food better than me!). I'm not even kidding. He'd even be good as security staff considering his profession. He'd have to wear a suit though. Not sure how well that would go over.

I'm telling you, if @heavyhitter was local, I'd have zero probs putting him up with a nice expense account just to watch over my training and nutrition (dude knows food better than me!). I'm not even kidding. He'd even be good as security staff considering his profession. He'd have to wear a suit though. Not sure how well that would go over.
I clean up pretty nice

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828