YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is it worthwhile for recreational Bodybuilders to get massages?

desibaba

Banned
Ill be honest. The only time I have really gotten massages was when I was at one of the "Asian Massage Parlors" getting a handjob/Happy Ending from a topless oriental girl.

For over a decade I have seen videos of the pros like Jay and Ronnie spending tons of money on massages. I understand these guys cant afford to leave any stone unturned so they are different from most of us. Did any of you who just work out to look good at the beach or without a shirt on notice a huge difference from getting massages?

Also how about the "Roller" contraptions that you can basically massage yourself with? Are they a good alternative? Should you get the massage in the muscle you have trained only after working out immediately or do you go there and let them work you head to toe?

I get deep tissue work done regularly. Sometimes get a fascia release. Really painful but it seems to loosen up the muscle. My work benefits pay for it though so not sure if I would shell out the 80$/hr if they weren't.

Also use a roller before and after I train. Almost like an alternative to stretching for me. Godamn it hurts but helps me with mobility.

I get deep tissue work done regularly. Sometimes get a fascia release. Really painful but it seems to loosen up the muscle. My work benefits pay for it though so not sure if I would shell out the 80$/hr if they weren't.

Also use a roller before and after I train. Almost like an alternative to stretching for me. Godamn it hurts but helps me with mobility.

I get some pretty good benefits from my company also. What do I have to ask for to see if they cover it?

I'm with manulife and it's simply part of my benefits. Canada here. Not sure how it works where you're at.

My girlfriend is Japanese. We have been dating for 1.5 years. She gives me a massage everyday for over one hour.

During this time I have been injury free and the gains have been the best through any period in my life.

Didn't you know deep tissue massages are Jays big secret ;-) haha I do think they benefit in ways of increased blood flow which we all know that's very benefiting. Along with increases stretching of the fascia which may in turn yield some positive results along with injury prevention.. Annnndd who doesn't like some pretty woman rubbing ya up and down!!

I find deep tissue massage to be a waste after one has had rolfing or ART. If you don't have access to getting those 2 done then go with the deep tissue massage. Rofling and ART hurt so much you often have to bite a towel but man it works wonders.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I want to try massage on my asscheck (but heavy). To remove all that scar tissue build up from syringes?

Any help?

I want to try massage on my asscheck (but heavy). To remove all that scar tissue build up from syringes?

Any help?

Search for spas that do rolfing or if you can't find one find a chiropractor who does ART.

Search for spas that do rolfing or if you can't find one find a chiropractor who does ART.

How does rolfing compare to ART?

I just heard of the former last week and I have been to about 10 ART sessions, from a guy that works on the SD Chargers.

ART didnt seem to do much for me, as the guy compared my back to steel rebar. Now I just roll on a baseball in the morning and night, though I have lost most sensation on that side...and it gives the same temporary loosening of the muscles as ART did.

I love getting ART.. My chiropractor does a great job.. It dosent hurt that bad until they hit under the armpit area..

My girlfriend is Japanese. We have been dating for 1.5 years. She gives me a massage everyday for over one hour.

During this time I have been injury free and the gains have been the best through any period in my life.

Lucky dude.

I do twice a month. Really helps get the blood moving and gets it to where it needs to be.

I did ART to get my knee back in squatting shape after a minor patella tendon inflammation from squatting. I thought it was really beneficial although incredibly expensive. This life is costly enough I'm not trying to go broke doing everything that Jay does. I have a good Chiropractor that actually spends his time on adjusting what needs to be adjusted instead of putting me in a line and doing the basic Thoracic, Lumbar, and Cervical adjustments that make sedentary people feel great. Typically I spend $30 at my Chiro and if I tweak something I do maybe 2 visits tops. Keeps injuries affordable. ART was costing me $80.00 per half an hour and 3 visits per week. Find a good Chiro that spends time on you and isn't in the ripping you off business.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131