over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is Krill King?

I remember in emeric's old thread somewhere ( not the new ask the pros thread) i asked him thoughts on krill oil. think others did too & he was not too keen on it. In his opinion it was not worth it & said to stick to fish oil. Anyone remember that?

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Much respect to emeric and his opinion, but I respectfully disagree. Krill is and has been shown to be superior to fish oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guys just got this in my email from Dr. Mercola

shit this looks fucking good !!!!..

anyone seen this..

**broken link removed**

Omega-3 fats are known to ameliorate metabolic risk factors for cardiovascular disease. A recent study investigated the effects of omega-3 fats, given as krill oil, on endocannabinoids, which have been linked to metabolic syndrome.

Mice were fed an unhealthy diet until their endocannabinoid levels were increased in their tissues. After supplementation with omega-3's, levels of endocannabinoid precursors went down.

According to the study:

"[The] data suggest that [krill oil] may promote therapeutic benefit by reducing endocannabinoid precursor availability and hence endocannabinoid biosynthesis."

Dr. Mercola's Comments:
Follow Dr. Mercola on Twitter Follow Dr. Mercola on Facebook

It seems that virtually every day a new finding is made about the extraordinary health benefits of omega-3 fats. It's well known that these essential fats have a protective effect on your heart, but new research has revealed that part of this therapeutic benefit may be related to omega 3's impact on endocannabinoid biosynthesis.

What are Endocannabinoids, and What do They Have to do With Your Heart Health?

Your body has naturally occurring endocannabinoids that stimulate your cannabinoid receptors and produce a variety of important physiologic processes. There are cannabinoid receptors in your brain, lungs, liver, kidneys, immune system and more, and while cannabinoids are often associated with the THC produced by the cannabis plant, today I am referring to the cannabinoids that occur naturally in your body.

Your body is actually hard-wired to respond to cannabinoids through its unique cannabinoid receptor system. Research is ongoing on just how far its impact on your health reaches, but to date it's known that cannabinoid receptors play an important role in many body processes, including metabolic regulation, cravings, pain, anxiety, bone growth, and immune function.

In fact, dysregulation or hyperstimulation of your endocannabinoid system has been linked to the development of metabolic syndrome -- a condition characterized by central obesity, hypertension, and disturbed glucose and insulin metabolism that increases your risk of heart disease.

New research published in Nutrition & Metabolism showed that mice fed a high-fat diet that increased endocannabinoid levels in all tissues in a way that might lead to metabolic syndrome were favorably influenced by krill oil supplementation. The study revealed that the omega-3 fats in krill oil helped to reduce endocannabinoid precursor availability in the mice, and in so doing reduced their risk of metabolic syndrome and therefore heart disease.

Krill Oil Proving to Have Better Metabolic Effects than Fish Oil

In the realm of animal-based omega-3 fats, krill oil and fish oil are the two major players. But there is reason to believe that krill oil actually offers superior benefits.

Fish oil is certainly more widely known, and this is related to the fact that the bulk of the published studies are done with fish oil and not krill oil. That is changing, as you can see in the study above, which used krill oil, but it will take many decades before krill oil catches up to fish oil in terms of popularity.

That said, it just doesn't make sense that you and your family have to wait decades to get the benefits of krill oil, as it is, in my opinion, the preferred choice.

Not one but two recent studies illustrate the superior benefits of krill oil over fish oil. The first study, published in January, found that the metabolic effects of the two oils are "essentially similar," but that krill oil is as effective as fish oil despite the fact that it contains less EPA and DHA. This finding corresponds with unpublished data suggesting that krill oil is absorbed up to 10-15 times as well as fish oil, which would explain this discrepancy.

But what makes it that much more absorbable?

In a nutshell, it has to do with its molecular composition.

Fish oil is in a triglyceride molecule that has to be broken down in your gut to its base fatty acids of DHA and EPA. About 80-85 percent is never absorbed and is eliminated in your intestine (this is why fish oil can cause you to experience burp back and why about half of all people cannot tolerate fish oil). Then once the fatty acids are absorbed into your blood stream, your liver has to attach it to phoshphatidyl choline for it to be used by your body.

The amazing beauty of krill is that it is already in the correct form in the capsule, so your body uses virtually 100 percent of it. Additionally krill oil naturally contains the powerful antioxidant astaxanthin, which prevents the perishable DHA and EPA from going rancid, which is another problem with fish oil. The vast majority of fish oil being sold is actually rancid before you even open the bottle, because it doesn't have this protective antioxidant.

Krill Oil Reduces Triglyceride Levels Faster

It's worth noting that compared to a statin drug, both fish- and krill oil are VASTLY more efficient. But krill is the most effective in the shortest amount of time, according to a second study that compared the efficiency of krill oil and fish oil in reducing triglyceride levels. Over a six-week period, rats divided into three groups had their diets supplemented with 2.5 percent krill oil, 2.5 percent fish oil, or no supplement at all.

In less than three weeks, both oils had markedly reduced the enzyme activity that causes the liver to metabolize fat, but the krill oil had a far more pronounced effect, reducing liver triglycerides significantly more. The higher potency of krill oil, which I just discussed, allows it to decrease triglyceride levels in a shorter period of time compared to fish oil.

Overall, after six weeks of supplementation, cholesterol levels in the krill oil group declined by 33 percent, compared to 21 percent in the fish oil group. Liver triglycerides were reduced by TWICE as much -- 20 and 10 percent respectively. This is particularly important, as fasting triglyceride levels are a powerful indication of your body's ability to have healthy lipid profiles, which can be indicative of your heart health.

More Reasons Why Omega-3s are Important for Your Heart

As the above study on endocannabinoids revealed, the benefits of omega-3 fats go far beyond normalizing your cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Studies have shown these fats to be:

Antiarrhythmic: counteracting or preventing cardiac arrhythmia
Antithrombotic: tending to prevent thrombosis (a blood clot within a blood vessel)
Antiatherosclerotic: preventing fatty deposits and fibrosis of the inner layer of your arteries from forming
Anti-inflammatory: counteracting inflammation (heat, pain, swelling, etc.). This new study actually shows how omega-3 fats result in such broad anti-inflammatory effects.
Further, omega-3 fat improves endothelial function, a major factor in promoting the growth of new blood vessels, and has beneficial effects on your heart's electrical system, preventing potentially life-threatening heart rhythm disorders.

Omega-3 deficiency may actually be a significant underlying factor of up to 96,000 premature deaths each year, including some of those from coronary heart disease and stroke. Even the FDA allows claims for omega-3 for heart disease; it is one of the few food health claims that the FDA allows -- and, yes, I view omega-3 fats not as just another supplement, but as an essential food you need to include in your diet.

Krill is a Highly Sustainable Food Source

Some people are concerned that using krill will harm ocean wildlife, but krill is the most abundant biomass on Earth, amounting to about 500 million tons. Despite its growing popularity as a food source, less than 2 percent is harvested.

Contrary to a statement made by National Geographic that told only part of the story, human consumption of krill oil does not steal significant food from our whales. In fact, harvesting fish for their oil creates far more of an environmental burden and is less sustainable than harvesting krill, as 90 percent of the fish that swam in the oceans 60 years ago are now gone due to overfishing.

Most harvested fish are ground up into fishmeal that gets fed to other fish, particularly farm-raised fish.

In fact, not only is krill the largest biomass in the world, but krill harvesting is one of the best regulated on the planet, using strict international precautionary catch limit regulations that are reviewed regularly to assure sustainability. For more on this, please read my 2009 article about this issue.

In addition to the environmental concerns with harvesting fish, many fish oils on the market today are contaminated with relatively large amounts of metals and toxic chemicals. Toxins like mercury are typically screened for, at least in higher quality brands. However, there are many toxins that are NOT routinely screened for, including PCBs, dioxin, and radioactive strontium, to name a few.

Krill avoid this contamination because they are much lower in the food chain than fish and have had very little time to accumulate toxins.

Why Fish and Flax are Not the Best Sources of Omega-3

Remember that whenever possible it is best to obtain your nutrients from foods rather than supplements, but in some cases this is not practical or wise, and omega-3 is one example of this. Plant-based omega-3 sources like flax, hemp and chia are high in ALA and are important sources of nutrients. However, ALA has to be converted by your body into the far more essential EPA and DHA by an enzyme in which the vast majority of us are deficient.

It is essential to get some of your omega-3 fats from animal sources so you will have premade DHA and EPA.

In a perfect world, you would be able to get all the animal-based omega-3 fats you need by eating fish. Unfortunately, the vast majority of our fish supply is now heavily contaminated with industrial pollutants and toxins like mercury, PCBs, dioxins, heavy metals and radioactive poisons, so I just can't recommend it any longer.

There are suppliers, like Vital Choice, that do harvest fish from less polluted areas of the world. Fish from these suppliers will be less contaminated and may be a viable option for your omega-3.

My preferred choice for animal-based omega-3 fats is krill oil, not only because of the superior efficacy, oxidation protection and absorption as I discussed above, but also because, as I mentioned earlier, krill is a completely sustainable and environmentally friendly source.

It's now very clear that omega-3 fats in their pure, animal-based form may provide incredible health benefits to people of all ages. Making sure you get yours daily is emerging as one of the simplest and most powerful things you can do to protect your heart and overall health.

Last edited:
No1 I was very impressed by the krill study....i replicated it but i had some fish oil in there also (i want to say 2 grams of it.)

Mostly out of curiousity i wanted to see what 8 grams of fish oil by itself does since im getting bloodwork again by my TRT doc in 2 months

Most likely ill be going back to the krill - but i wanted to see what fish oil does by itself ( i stopped using it many years ago after the prostate warnings which pretty much turned out to be overturned but i forgot to go back to it )

2 months and ill let everyone know

DC what brand of Krill Oil you recommand mate ? Not sure if you sell it at TN but as you know I unfortuntately cant buy your stuff being in UK ( del cost issues). You would remember we have spoken about this.

Could you kindly throw out a few good options for me what you like etc ? I can get shit shipped to me from iherb USA at a very cheap shipping so if I do not get your recommanded brands here I can try to ship them from USA.

I always buy my liquid carlsons fish oil from iherb as well as its soooo much cheaper in US then buying it lets say from amazon UK which is a total ass rape, a difference of almost 10-15 USD per bottle. Many thanks

DC what brand of Krill Oil you recommand mate ? Not sure if you sell it at TN but as you know I unfortuntately cant buy your stuff being in UK ( del cost issues). You would remember we have spoken about this.

Could you kindly throw out a few good options for me what you like etc ? I can get shit shipped to me from iherb USA at a very cheap shipping so if I do not get your recommanded brands here I can try to ship them from USA.

I always buy my liquid carlsons fish oil from iherb as well as its soooo much cheaper in US then buying it lets say from amazon UK which is a total ass rape, a difference of almost 10-15 USD per bottle. Many thanks
Amazon Prime, Jarrow Krill and Ubiquiol 200. Get them on scheduled delivery cycle and save even more. Amazon and their drone army will take over all commerce, lol.

I don't mean to answer for Dante but I did just speak to him about this. He uses viva labs krill oil. He bought the 6-pack. There a good price!

18e79c737c0c3b4559941a37a2aa09b3.jpg

Amazon Prime, Jarrow Krill and Ubiquiol 200. Get them on scheduled delivery cycle and save even more. Amazon and their drone army will take over all commerce, lol.
we dont have jarrows supp on amazon sun and save Uk mate.

Its there om amazon but expensive.

other supp u mentioned did u mean to write Ubiquinol ? I use that I buy swanson brand which is also Kaneka Ubiquinol. Much cheaper in uk compare to jarrows for some odd reason.

swanson looks much cheaper.

this site sells all the swanson's stuff very cheap.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

I don't mean to answer for Dante but I did just speak to him about this. He uses viva labs krill oil. He bought the 6-pack. There a good price!
Thanks mate. Appreciate your input. Very helpful. cheers

so my little research so far says .. swanson brand has this patented krill oil

Superba Krill Oil - phospholipid omega-3s and antioxidants

Supplement Facts

Serving Size 1 Softgel

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
100% Pure Superba™ Krill Oil
(from shellfish)
500 mg *
Omega-3 Fatty Acids 110 mg *
EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid)
60 mg *
DHA (docosahexaenoic acid)
27.5 mg *
Astaxanthin (from krill oil) 40 mcg *
*Daily Value not established.

Swanson brand is good to go. I buy the double strength (1000mg), use 2000mg per day. Lasts 15 days. When compared to the viva deal on amazon, Swanson is a better deal.

Swanson brand is good to go. I buy the double strength (1000mg), use 2000mg per day. Lasts 15 days. When compared to the viva deal on amazon, Swanson is a better deal.
ya thats what i thought. it is a better deal indeed. I cant even get viva in uk anyway and i am not looking to pay excessively high amount.

I do buy good fish oil. Carlsons liquid which is reasonable price imo.

ya thats what i thought. it is a better deal indeed. I cant even get viva in uk anyway and i am not looking to pay excessively high amount.

I do buy good fish oil. Carlsons liquid which is reasonable price imo.

what is it so special about this Carlsson that you can read people taking on these boards? vs say some cheap fish oil from ebay with all the good specs listed? nowadays I only take cod liver oil if I am bothered as I fish oil really turns out to be useless, would rather eat the oily fish

I dont use carlsons i dont think it mattets the one i use ive never seen it anywhere but my neighborhood walmart its $4 but its 1000mg of omega 3 i know they work cause i tested cholesterole before and after3months everything fell in line

Sent from my SM-G920T using Professional Muscle mobile app

what is it so special about this Carlsson that you can read people taking on these boards? vs say some cheap fish oil from ebay with all the good specs listed? nowadays I only take cod liver oil if I am bothered as I fish oil really turns out to be useless, would rather eat the oily fish

I dont use carlsons i dont think it mattets the one i use ive never seen it anywhere but my neighborhood walmart its $4 but its 1000mg of omega 3 i know they work cause i tested cholesterole before and after3months everything fell in line

Very high probability that your fish oil/omega-3 have oxidized making your oil rancid. Quality control becomes a large factor during the extraction process for fish oil and for all you know your fish oil could be sitting out in room temperature all day which would become rancid.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4681158/

Anything is possible but i doubt it only because they actually make it at a factory 20min away its restocked often and it shows in my blood work i dont take anything else for cholesterol it was out of wack before i started taking it ever since i started at 24grams a day last bloods were in normal range while blasting. Plus i take it because of the high concentration of omega3s 1000mg per pill i have not seen this any where else.

I too live in Tn. Just ordered Jarrows from Amazon. I love Amazon.

Anything is possible but i doubt it only because they actually make it at a factory 20min away its restocked often and it shows in my blood work i dont take anything else for cholesterol it was out of wack before i started taking it ever since i started at 24grams a day last bloods were in normal range while blasting. Plus i take it because of the high concentration of omega3s 1000mg per pill i have not seen this any where else.

Also based on tbat article its a crap shoot anyway
Very high probability that your fish oil/omega-3 have oxidized making your oil rancid. Quality control becomes a large factor during the extraction process for fish oil and for all you know your fish oil could be sitting out in room temperature all day which would become rancid.

x2

fish oil is one item you do not want to cut corners when buying. what's rhe point if it does harm instead of good to.yout body with all the heavy metal contamination n impurities of all sort.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

or just eat the oily fish.. why bother ordering it.. I can't see any downsides to that ,but added extra micros and what not, yes slightly more cals but I don't really care

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131