YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is Levrone righting checks he can't cash?

Armageddon

Kilo Klub Member
He talked his shit, now lets see what happens. Got this from Instynct.

LEVRONE TO RACE TOP SPRINTER
Will meet Dwain Chambers, No. 2 in the world, on December 11
By Jim Schmaltz
Photos by Kevin Horton
PUT UP OR SHUT UP! 2002
LEVRONE ON TRACK TO RACE CHAMBERS!
He asked for it. He got it. Months ago, Kevin Levrone claimed to be the fastest men alive and challenged world-class sprinters around the globe to take him on. Now, one has. In an event titled "Put Up or Shut Up," Dwain Chambers, ranked as the second best sprinter in the entire world, will take on the Mr. Olympia runner-up on December 11 at Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa, California. This meet will pit the second best athletes in their respective sports in a mano-a-mano grudge match that will finally either confirm Levrone's status as a world-class speedster or send him back to Baltimore as master of only one domain. The mercurial bodybuilder, who will compete next in the 2003 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic on March 1, is confident he'll blow some minds in Orange County on December 11.
The British-born Chambers won a gold medal in the 100 meters at the 2002 European Championship and is ranked second in the world behind Tim Montgomery and one spot ahead of third-ranked Maurice Greene. The race is being arranged with the invaluable help of Victor Conte of Balco Labs. Conte, the creator of the supplement ZMA, has organized the ZMA Track Club, a group of world-class track and field athletes that he advises on nutritional and training issues. Chambers is a member of the ZMA team. Also, Milos "The Mind" Sarcev, who a couple of years ago developed a weight training program for Montgomery, now the world's fastest man, is currently performing the same services for Chambers at the invitation of Conte. Sarcev will also be present at the race.

The race is scheduled for 2 PM on December 11. Please do not contact the college regarding this event. We'll report the outcome online the following day.

post the results when you get em. im interested to know what the outcome is being a former sprinter. id say dwain has the edge. being is hes much ligther and a sprinting guru

I am not too familiar with Dwain Chambers and I didn't even know Levrone did any sprinting.

I would take any bet that Levrone will LOSE LOSE LOSE unless Dwain Chambers gets injured or fouls out.

Levrone will come in second once again.

Levrone weighs what about 230lbs NO WAY he beats Dwain Chambers.

I hope he just doesn't injure himself.

Maybe Levrone

does sprint once in awhile or so. Who knows. Also, maybe for fun he has had someone time him and noticed his time is right up there. I'm sure he has checked some of the times that these guys have put up to be the best. It will be interesting.

Levrone...

loses a lot of weight off-season. He may be pretty light...however I don't think that will help. Next, he'll be saying he can out bench Kennelly with an 805...

SB :rolleyes:

Levrone has made some outrageous comments about this. He said that he even runs like a 4.2 second 40. That would give him a big time contract in the NFL and I highly doubt that. We posted about this before and there were many thoughts on it, so we'll have to wait and see. Chances are someone was talking out there ass. But his legs were alittle thin this year, maybe he's been training.

Gawd

if he'd only concentrate on one thing maybe he might be number 1! I just don't understand him. Then again, maybe I'm not suppose to.

Hmm he is going to get beat , and i would wager beat very badly. I think it is like someone who is a grille chef at mcdonalds telling Wolf Gang puck he can cook a much better 5 course meal.

ANd a 4.2 40 would deffintely lead to NFL/MLB/Soccer or some sort of contract.

I also think that it's a bunch of shit. Maybe he thought no one would take up his challenge. What a mistake if that is what he's thinking. Even if you didn't love the sport of whatever, with that size and speed you'd take a contract just for the money. Maybe he's just a pussy and can't hold onto the ball lol

I HAVE ONLY ONE THOUGHT......

....REGARDLESS OF HOW FAST HE IS OR IS NOT......'HAMSTRING INJURY'......THAT IS WHAT HE WILL PROBABLY HAVE. I RAN SPRINTS ON MY LIGHT LEG DAYS UNTIL LAST YEAR WHEN I PULLED MY LEFT ONE SEVERELY....BLACK AND BLUE FROM MY ASS TO THE BACK OF MY KNEE. HORRIBLE......STILL HURTS SOME TIMES....LIKE YESTERDAY FOR INSTANCE.
I HOPE HE'S READY.:)

Is this for real ? what distance is the sprint ? I was a former sprinter as well but think I would be lucky to run 20metres at the mo :)

Perhaps he will demand the event be drug tested and win or lose from there!!!! LOL

Boing "the English_Bulldog"

Kennelly

Sandblaster said:
loses a lot of weight off-season. He may be pretty light...however I don't think that will help. Next, he'll be saying he can out bench Kennelly with an 805...

SB :rolleyes:

Hey SB, I saw him years ago in the Tri-Cities. That was back when he was ONLY 260-270....Big bastard...Ryan is his first name right?

BIGKIWI said:
Is this for real ? what distance is the sprint ? I was a former sprinter as well but think I would be lucky to run 20metres at the mo :)

I understand that the agreed upon distance is 60 meters.

As to Levrone's sprint experience, I believe he sprints as part of his leg training. Thus, he is used to sprinting.

As to his chances of winning, I'd have to say that a Levrone win would take an act of God. Something like Chambers getting struck by lightening.

Levrone runs a 4.2 in the 40, huh? Bwahahahaha!!! I doubt the old boy can drive that fast anymore! lol.

Maybe Kevin used to sprint and was probably good at it however, he has packed on some serious muscle over the years and I have to think that it will only slow him down. Just the same I am interested to see the out come....

I READ ON ANOTHER BOARD THAT HE'S NOT GONNA DO IT.

FIGURES.

From Levrone's site

Speed Freak

A lot of commotion has surfaced regarding Kevin's 40 yard dash times. Some magazine columns have openly questioned the conditions surrounding the reported times. Apparently, even some bodybuilding fans just can't believe that a 5'11 250 lb. Muscle Machine can run as fast (or faster than) most professional football players. As luck would have it, a professional football scout spotted one of the articles and through an NFL agent, invited Kevin to try out for the New Jersey Gladiators of the Arena Football League in November, 2002. Stay tuned for more on this exciting development

-------

Couldn't find anything else on there. Nothing about the race.

There is also a thread over at chad nicholls site on this. Milos Sarcev is involved and apparently it was called off, but is back on again:
------
ProMilos
Group: The Pros
Posted: Dec. 03 2002,21:12
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, after all Kevin is back on track!
It looks like he is going to have me eat my words as he is coming to Fullerton on December 11th to actually run a race!
I promise I’ll take pictures.
Only problem is I do not have wide lance panoramic camera to get both of them as they finish the race…
--------

Also, check out the www.mogreene.com message board.

-Randy

Sprint times

somebody fucks up on the stopwatch one day and dude thinks he is Flash Gordon for the rest of his life. Jose Canseco suffers from a similar delusion. - CH

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131