YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is there an AAS we can use to regrow the Thymus?

omoplata

Registered
Here is a study that speaks of the well-known relationship between Thymus atrophy and sex steroids

To sum up the idea: The thymus is a critical organ that must function properly for the immune system to do its job. The thymus shrinks with age and part of this is due to the sex steroids -as strange as this may sound, testosterone harms the thymus. One way to regrow the thymus is to reduce or completely eliminate your testosterone. All the details you may want are above on the link.

My question is this:
Obviously we do not want to eliminate testosterone (that being sad, if you got something like early stage cancer and want to try this therapy your job a steroid abuser is pretty easy; just stop injecting and your test will plummet and likely not come back for a good while).
Can we take certain AAS that will maintain some or most of the skeletal muscle mass without activating the androgen receptor? If we can, it may be possible to maintain muscle mass to some degree while doing this and during this period the Thymus will regenerate.

Put more simply, which steroid least activates the AR?

Whereas AAS exert a dose-dependent effect to decrease thymus mass, the phytoecdysteroids (e.g., ecdysterone, turkesterone, etc.) show the opposite effect.
You put out some great info

I seem to remember a stack of DHEA, GH and Metformin being connected to some type of thymus rejuvenation. Theoretical.

Here is a study that speaks of the well-known relationship between Thymus atrophy and sex steroids

To sum up the idea: The thymus is a critical organ that must function properly for the immune system to do its job. The thymus shrinks with age and part of this is due to the sex steroids -as strange as this may sound, testosterone harms the thymus. One way to regrow the thymus is to reduce or completely eliminate your testosterone. All the details you may want are above on the link.

My question is this:
Obviously we do not want to eliminate testosterone (that being sad, if you got something like early stage cancer and want to try this therapy your job a steroid abuser is pretty easy; just stop injecting and your test will plummet and likely not come back for a good while).
Can we take certain AAS that will maintain some or most of the skeletal muscle mass without activating the androgen receptor? If we can, it may be possible to maintain muscle mass to some degree while doing this and during this period the Thymus will regenerate.

Put more simply, which steroid least activates the AR?
I don’t know the answer. But I did read that thymic shrinkage after puberty is due to the age-related decline of DHEA, which is due to an effect of peripheral T cells, and the program of thymic shrinkage is induced by immune activation throughout an individual’s life. Taking supplemental DHEA might help.

I seem to remember a stack of DHEA, GH and Metformin being connected to some type of thymus rejuvenation. Theoretical.

Really appreciate all the answers guys. This board rocks when people try and be constructive and open-mnded.

Yes GH has been used for thymus rejuvenation. Here are all the details about it

But please note that this is a very very early-stage and very low sample sized experiment and very few firm conclusions can be drawn from it. Please nobody operate under the assumption that "I ain't got no nothin to worry about; I am taking my blue tops 2 months out of every year. My thymus is probably largen than an ornage."

If we can truly do something to reverse thymus shrinkage, we can perhaps reduce the likelihood of cancer by a significant amount.

Whereas AAS exert a dose-dependent effect to decrease thymus mass, the phytoecdysteroids (e.g., ecdysterone, turkesterone, etc.) show the opposite effect.
Was really hoping you would chime in here Sir. Thanks a ton.
Yes was going to bring up Ecdysterone as well as the GH aspect in the opening post, but thought it may be best to keep it concise and focused.
Any idea what one may be able to take to replicate steroid ablation therapy while losing as little muscle mass as possible? Any anabolic steroids whose affinity to the AR is essentially negligible?
(of course it is all dose-dependent; if you take a high dose of something with low affinity for the AR, you may still get a lot of AR activation. So the true question is "can we take something at some kind of dose at which the total AR activity will be very low while the muscle-preserving effect will be somewhat notable?")

HGH grows thymus, studies on this on pubmed.gov
Nope cannot say that yet. The video I posted is exactly about GH growing the Thymus. However, the data is very preliminary and not at all anything that gives one much confidence.

Besides, even if we were 100% sure that GH grows the Thymus to some degree, I would love to get extra growth if I can add something else to the mix.

Not overly OT but would too much TB500 use (finding myself using it a bit too often lately) also cause Thymus shrinkage (exogenous source of thymus)

Read this review. GH is the better choice and does not require chosing an inferior androgen to spare thymus. GH drives thymus function.

Read this review. GH is the better choice and does not require chosing an inferior androgen to spare thymus. GH drives thymus function.

I beliece you have posted the wrong paper by mistake. Nowhere above is there a comparison between GH and Sex Steroid Ablation. This paper cannot be used in any way to conclude that GH is the better choice compared to sex steroid ablation therapy

I beliece you have posted the wrong paper by mistake. Nowhere above is there a comparison between GH and Sex Steroid Ablation. This paper cannot be used in any way to conclude that GH is the better choice compared to sex steroid ablation therapy
The point is that a better way forward is GH rather than use of an attenuated androgen. If you understand immune function the sections covering GH and immune function will give you good information and you can follow-up. Key word the term "involution" in the article. Involution describes the shrinking of the thymus, both functionally and physically. Read through the article to get more insight how GH and IGF-1 influence and can reverse involution and markers of thymus function. If you still want to investigate the use of attenuated sex steroids as a means of thymus "regrowth" i.e. thymus involution, then yes you will ahve to look elsewhere.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws