over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is there any proof dairy thickens skin and reduces vascularity

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
Ive heard for years to stay away from dairy if you want to remain looking lean due to it being able to thicken skin and reduce vascularity. Is this just bro knowledge or is there actual scientific proof backing this?

Ive been drinking 1/2 gallon to a gallon a day forever. 1-2%,Have great skin + tons of veins some the size of hoses....at 42...

I know of countless people who eliminate dairy from their contest prep routines so I'm sure there is some scientific and/or real-world proof of its effectiveness.

skin cannot thicken but you can increase levels of subcutaneous fat just beneath it. you do this by taking in more calories than you burn. have all the dairy you want if your calories are in check.

I did her the same thing about milk..Thought it might have something to due with a cows hormone production? Either the steriods there fed or that there always pregnant..Possibly high in estrogen? I'm Always around 6-10% bodyfat due to my genetics so for me its not a concern...But I've never tried to get in contest condition, were I could see cutting it out for that...Or going skim,,

Last edited:
i do 6 litres of skim

the onyl time i loose vascularity is wen im off tren

alwise im a road map 24/7, kinda annoying really

The Dairy industry just blocked the FDA from being able to check the milk supply for chemical residue and antibiotics. So the American consumer does not know what is in their milk. :(

I have been drinking 20oz. of skim milk each day, I seem to not have any issues with it. I love it with my protein shakes. 10oz. skim milk, 3 scoops of whey isolate, and some natty PB - A great way for me to consume my protein + add some LBA's to it, dang, you got a dessert! I like the taste of skim milk better than 1% or even 2%.

I have been drinking 20oz. of skim milk each day, I seem to not have any issues with it. I love it with my protein shakes. 10oz. skim milk, 3 scoops of whey isolate, and some natty PB - A great way for me to consume my protein + add some LBA's to it, dang, you got a dessert! I like the taste of skim milk better than 1% or even 2%.

Hearing this from you and Tom makes me realise how effective reading
"bro-ology" is. LOL I have been lead to believe milk is get fat food. I literally don't have dairy.
Think I may change that after reading your opinions.

CG

Last edited:
I consume about 3-4 gallons of skim milk a week and have never had any issues with vascularity...at all. I've always been lean but the milk has never negatively impacted me. I LOVE it. :love:

JUST speculating...

I personally love milk, used to drink raw milk all the time but it was too far to get and too expensive.

I'm JUST speculating... I wonder if for SOME people, there is an immune-type generalized inflammatory response? Think of your small intestine as a screen door, it allows certain sized particles to pass through, but if there is a problem with the small intestine, like a screen door having a hole in it, it can allow larger particles to pass through, if this happens, the particle can be seen as "foreign" b/c it's not something normally found in the blood. Now, if someone is sensitive to milk proteins and they can pass through the small intestine not fully digested, I wonder if some can get that "smooth" look some get concerned about. Dunno...

NOT saying this is how it, just throwing some idea's out there.

I will pre contest diet on high amounts of cheese and cottage cheese and come in peeled, I may cut it 2 weeks out......silly broscience.

People used to always claim dairy increased mucus production.Last year a study was done on the mucus producing points and was determined it DID NOT increase production.I have never heard any GOOD argument to how it could decrease vascularity,just speculation.

Asthma?

People used to always claim dairy increased mucus production.Last year a study was done on the mucus producing points and was determined it DID NOT increase production.I have never heard any GOOD argument to how it could decrease vascularity,just speculation.

K1D... in your practice do you allow your pediatric asthmatics milk? I know some feel it produces mucous and/or increases inflammation? I work in Pediatrics and I'm always on the fence about this if we should let our Ped asthmatics milk or not... thoughts?

Good to hear. I only have maybe 2 cups per day of ff milk and maybe 1/4cup max of low fat cheese for my total dairy intake. I dont wanna give it up ;) you'd be amazed how much better food tastes with maybe 1/4cup low fat cheese on it. And its only 5g fat.

K1D... in your practice do you allow your pediatric asthmatics milk? I know some feel it produces mucous and/or increases inflammation? I work in Pediatrics and I'm always on the fence about this if we should let our Ped asthmatics milk or not... thoughts?

My sister is the nurse educator for pediatrics for the biggest local hospital chain.I will ask how they handle this.

I don't believe dairy increases inflammation like say grains.And the mucus production rumor has been disproven.

But as you know many are not tolerant of milk for one reason or another.But I would have no problem with them having milk if tolerated.

All the milk i have been drinking lately has been raw goats milk and i plan to continue to add 8oz to both of my two shakes a day , although i will start skinning the fat from the top during my prep in an effort to cut some of the calories. I have noticed that i digest everything alot better since i have been drinking raw milk , far less stomach upset when i have to use cheaper protein and far less indigestion

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear