YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is there any way to beat the bodyfat setpoint?

dece870717

Banned
I know this is a big problem for a lot of people and i'm defintely one of them. That problem of finally leaning down a lot and then gaining it back. Biggest and most frustrating problem has been this. I'll get my bodyfat down lower and lower and i start to finally have the leanness I've wanted since i first started lifting 10 years ago, but then, it hits me. Hits me hard and it's almost seamingly random, the insanely ravenous appetite and all that good will power ive had through the entire diet just dissapears.

It's not a matter of food selection causing the fat gain, its the uncontrollable desire to eat and eat till you're right at the edge of puking and feeling absolutely sick. My body seems to just fight so hard to gain that weight back and its almost never more than i had before, it just goes back almost exactly to where i've been for a long time.

I know the hormone leptin and your body's own sensitivity to it has quite a bit to do with it which is why naturally very lean people tend to have low leptin but high senstivity to it while the opposite with people that naturally like to carry more weight. And this stuff happens regardless if i lose the weight quickly or slowly, seems to just always return to where i was. I know im missing something or havnt tried something i need to, does anybody that previously had a problem with this able to find a way to overcome it?

I know this is a big problem for a lot of people and i'm defintely one of them. That problem of finally leaning down a lot and then gaining it back. Biggest and most frustrating problem has been this. I'll get my bodyfat down lower and lower and i start to finally have the leanness I've wanted since i first started lifting 10 years ago, but then, it hits me. Hits me hard and it's almost seamingly random, the insanely ravenous appetite and all that good will power ive had through the entire diet just dissapears.

It's not a matter of food selection causing the fat gain, its the uncontrollable desire to eat and eat till you're right at the edge of puking and feeling absolutely sick. My body seems to just fight so hard to gain that weight back and its almost never more than i had before, it just goes back almost exactly to where i've been for a long time.

I know the hormone leptin and your body's own sensitivity to it has quite a bit to do with it which is why naturally very lean people tend to have low leptin but high senstivity to it while the opposite with people that naturally like to carry more weight. And this stuff happens regardless if i lose the weight quickly or slowly, seems to just always return to where i was. I know im missing something or havnt tried something i need to, does anybody that previously had a problem with this able to find a way to overcome it?
You just explained why many are unable to live and do what many of us do day in day out.
Like those comments you here "If I took juice I'd look that him too". They lack the understanding of what ales behind the scene, and the gauntlet that we willing face everyday. It comes to to mind over matter, the power of restraint, and using focus to resist and stay dedicated.
This is why we are hated, envied, or even put down. Because so many have attempted to do what we do, and they have failed.
Honestly, eating more of the lower fatty foods may give you that "satiety" feeling. When we starve our bodies of those oils/fats and carbs, it will brake down after a while and you'll crave that fullness feeling from eating.. What I do is place that feeling with something healthy.. I'll snack more, like on nuts or even natures candy ( raisins).. Also avoid juices, I noticed even the smallest amount send my blood sugar off the charts and I'm hungry as sin in no time.. Keep you blood sugar levels stable as you can. This will help aid in the craving sector. Also, don't shy away from your veggies bro.. Also, don't keep stuff around that you know you will eat, ONLY SHOP FOR WHAT YOU NEED! I know this sucks, but it fricken works for me...

Also, set yourself up for a cheat meal, you can have that cheat meal.. Just know when, and what the limitation is, set upon your diet and your goal...

As was previously stated, cheat meals help as well as keeping the bad food out of your house. If you have easy access to it, it's much easier to lose all control and binge out on junk.

You just explained why many are unable to live and do what many of us do day in day out.
Like those comments you here "If I took juice I'd look that him too". They lack the understanding of what ales behind the scene, and the gauntlet that we willing face everyday. It comes to to mind over matter, the power of restraint, and using focus to resist and stay dedicated.
This is why we are hated, envied, or even put down. Because so many have attempted to do what we do, and they have failed.
Honestly, eating more of the lower fatty foods may give you that "satiety" feeling. When we starve our bodies of those oils/fats and carbs, it will brake down after a while and you'll crave that fullness feeling from eating.. What I do is place that feeling with something healthy.. I'll snack more, like on nuts or even natures candy ( raisins).. Also avoid juices, I noticed even the smallest amount send my blood sugar off the charts and I'm hungry as sin in no time.. Keep you blood sugar levels stable as you can. This will help aid in the craving sector. Also, don't shy away from your veggies bro.. Also, don't keep stuff around that you know you will eat, ONLY SHOP FOR WHAT YOU NEED! I know this sucks, but it fricken works for me...

Also, set yourself up for a cheat meal, you can have that cheat meal.. Just know when, and what the limitation is, set upon your diet and your goal...

As was previously stated, cheat meals help as well as keeping the bad food out of your house. If you have easy access to it, it's much easier to lose all control and binge out on junk.

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

I'm a lifelong fatty, I'm just getting visable abs now for the first time in my entire life. Even as a slender teenager I was always 15% bodyfat or so and smooth. I feel your pain. My hunger is absolutely mind-blowing, and I could eat 10,000 cals a day if I wanted to.

You just gotta shut off that connection to food, and follow your game plan. Some people are blessed with the genes to stay lean, but can't add a pound of muscle to save their life. We all just have to work with what we have. Keep that crap out of your sight and enjoy 1 or 2 cheat meals a week. Then once every few months give yourself a few days to eat what you want (don't binge though).

If looking great was easy, everyone would look great.

The same thing happened to me. When I stopped dieting, I had to eat fucking 6000 cals in a sitting in order to feel full for once. Read a lot of lyle mcdonald's stuff. He wrote it all about leptins and setpoints, and about how your body wants to maintain homeostatis. When you starve it, it will do all it can to hold unto the fat in order to survive. What I found out too, is that the only way to stay very lean is to constantly suffer (constant hunger). That is why from now on I will probably maintain my ''natural'' bodyfat for most of the year (~14-16% i'd guess), and only diet down for the summer months (I am not competing). It feels good being lean once in a while, it's just so hard to maintain that condition.

I understand saying no and will power and all that but there IS a major hormonal factor to how much will power you will have. Just like when people do extreme crash diets, there is an extremely strong hormonal reason for the uncontrollable binging that follows that. Or just like when you take certain roids and your appetite is through the roof or vice versa with what ever roid. I guess I'm just going to try to read into it a lot more and try to find a way to beat it what ever way I can, somebody hypnotize my ass, ha!

Last edited:
I must add here that YES, there's a hormonal influence on your setpoint, however your not predestined to stay at a set point.
Your current setpoint is governed by your environment in which you have at the moment. Your setpoint isn't determined by genetics or the current hormonal make-up ( your aas intake ), it's determined by the overall environment that you expose your body to. (your diet). You change your setpoint, it's not how your are wired...
Also, this may sound gay, but emotions play a vital role here too.. if someone is manic, stressed, depressed, or even sick.. All these play a factor here. Remain healthy as you can mentally, keep the diet dialed in, and keep hitting the iron..
To say that hormones dictate it all is bs, and I sense that your not taking control.

And if you think I'm joking about the emotional factor and your setpoint, then why dose one brake down and binge? What triggers that? what are the underlining causes and effects here? Your setpoints will change through out your life... Just think about this long and hard. Emotions and eating is a real issue, and some don't even know it! eating till you wanna puke, and have a craving like that to where it's out of control? yup, something is out of control and it's not hormones or cravings, it's the current mental state of the person. ( I don't mean crazy either )..;)

Stay healthy and focused that is the best prevention tip that one can give you here.

Last edited:
good thread

all dieters eventually go back to and or pass thier set points.

My opionin is to live a healthy lifestyle if your not an ectomorph

sacrifice

incbb

good thread

all dieters eventually go back to and or pass thier set points.

My opionin is to live a healthy lifestyle if your not an ectomorph

sacrifice

incbb
Bingo.. Good feed back

just take folli and eat all you want after getting to desired BF, taking folli while dieting will make you get there sooner also, not to mention you will put on more muscle

just take folli and eat all you want after getting to desired BF, taking folli while dieting will make you get there sooner also, not to mention you will put on more muscle

Only thing that I've tried that sound like folli and worked was pgcl

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner