advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is there anyone else out there that feels the same...

Never feel guilty for being honest I feel the same way its like when you focus on anything outside of the prep you feel like your being spread thin

Well tonight turned out to be a night I will never forget. My grandparents came to my house and they wanted to see one of the rooms I have been fixing up before we went out to eat. In this room I keep all my trophies on a desk and have a few posters up of Arnold and a couple other guys. (My wall of motivation lol) I think it really hit them how passionate I am about it when they saw all this. When I first started competing they thought it was a bad idea and told me that between work and everything else it would be too much. I always invited them to my shows and they never made it to any if them. After seeing my trophies my grandmother wanted to take a picture with me next to them. When my grandmother walked out of the room my grandfather pulled out his wallet and handed me a hundred dollar bill. I told him i couldnt take it ,but he insisted. He told me he wanted me to use it towards my next competition.( I have never once asked for money or borrowed money from family so it caught off guard) he then told me that him am my grandmother will be driving to see my next show and stay in a hotel for the weekend. Honestly I almost got choked up. It just seemed very ironic especially afterward making this thread last night. I thought I would share that with you guys. Inb4 cool story bro

I ended up having steak and broccoli for dinner and having a late night shoulder workout.

That's an awesome story man. This lifestyle can sometimes be a tough road, with strict diets and training etc... But it's awesome when you can find family members that understand your passion and want to be there for you with it. Your Grandparents sound great man. I dont blame you for choking up, thats pretty cool of your GPs to be so interested. I'd be cherishing every moment you have with them.
Even more motivation to go hard and give it your all in the comp.

I would also like to be enlighten why some people believe that cheat meals help.

The idea behind cheat meals is that after a prolonged period of time on reduced calories, your Basal Metabolic Rate drops to accommodate your new caloric intake. By bumping your calories back up periodically, usually every 5 to 7 days, you reset your BMR so you are burning more calories once again.

BTW- It's great to hear about your family supporting your bodybuilding endeavors and I'm glad you gave them the opportunity to do so!

The idea behind cheat meals is that after a prolonged period of time on reduced calories, your Basal Metabolic Rate drops to accommodate your new caloric intake. By bumping your calories back up periodically, usually every 5 to 7 days, you reset your BMR so you are burning more calories once again.

BTW- It's great to hear about your family supporting your bodybuilding endeavors and I'm glad you gave them the opportunity to do so!

Also it increase leptin which signals your body to burn fat

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I think if you are stressing about little things, and/or causing more stress in your life, you are doing it wrong. If you miss a workout, it's your fault, you could have worked out at 5am or moved a day off around. You should be able to out to dinner with your grandparents, order a plain chicken breast and rice, and call it good. Doing these things and making these adjustments should cause you zero stress. It's not about just sticking to the diet and workouts, it's about doing it all stress free. I think people like to make a big deal about how "dedicated" they are, when really they are just adding unnecessary stress to their life. Stress is probably worse than missing a workout or having a cheat meal.

OP, I'd give anything to go out to dinner with my grandpa!!! He died 12 yrs ago and I still miss him very much! I understand you're dedicated, but come on man. Some things in life are more important than a bodybuilding competition. Go out to dinner, have a good meal (you can have what you want how you want it) and enjoy spending time with your grandparents.

I admit that I am guilty of getting tunnel vision to the extreme. I never let that stop me from giving my family or girlfriend the time they deserve. If you wanna stay on a plan, that's fine! Take your food to the restaurant. There are also clean places to eat out and stay on a plan. I'm always going out to eat during contest prep. The key is to find restaurants that prepare clean foods. Places like steakhouses, sushi, chipotle Mexican grill etc... Expense is the major factor there.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear