advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is there anyone else out there that feels the same...

Your not a pro bodybuilder and your never going to be one so stop living like one.

I hear shit like this from people at work. Didn't t think I would get so much support on a bodybuilding forum. Thanks for the motivation man. I hope you accomplish all your goals in life too. I appreciate the extra fuel for the fire.

Last edited:
I do understand that this type of sport/lifestyle can have a habit of taking control of our social lives but we all must have a reality check from time to time and realise that something's are more important.
I'm not going to flame you but family should always have time in your life. I understand that sometimes it can be a hassle but you will miss them when their gone.
I hope you do well in your comp though buddy.

Thanks brother.

Only you can decide if the grands deserve to be a higher priority. If they're good ones, they're priceless. If not, that sucks that you have to feign respect and go.

Sure, no one likes to be taken off course. But keep your eyes open. I've found that when something totally inconvenient happens, it often serves a greater purpose for me. Look for it, Brother.

You're going anyway, don't add stress hormones to the mix!!

I'm curious as to the ones saying get a life have prepped.for.a show?? Or if u have. Are u the ones on stage that its clear u as the OP said. Half assed.it...

You are either in. Or you are out... And why not everyone does it..

My suggestion... Work, perhaps get relieved early. If not still.go.to gym crank out a super fast. Hate fueled session and have a alittle later dinner?? Beat of both worlds. Maybe cardio has to wait till later before bed if its needed
If.there is a will. There is a way
Good luck

I could never live the lifestyle of a pro, just don't have what it takes.

I keep it very simple. I carry around some protein powder and try to get around 150-200g out of it per day plus whatever protein is in regular meals. Don't usually count carbs. If I'm getting fat, I'll just eat less carbs for a while. Never counted fat.

I try to work out 3 times a week, but if I can't, I don't sweat it. If I'm traveling I'll do some pull-ups and push-ups here and there. I'll never be more than a recreational lifter, so this works for me.

Missing meals doesn't worry me as I'll double up next meal. Fasting taught me not to worry about that. Missing workouts is a different matter. Have not missed one in a year and I'd be well pissed if I did now

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Bro if you pick the right items of the menu you can find something to eat that should fit in your macros

Eat a meal before you go, then have a diet coke while they eat, and visit with them. Just explain that you're on a special diet right now.

In the meanwhile, Lee Priest is eating a bucket of KFC and Jay Cutler is ordering a pair of triple whoppers.

Is there anyone else that get all bent out of shape if there if they miss a meal or workout? Currently I'm prepping for my next show which is a couple months out and every time some thing gets in the way of me missing a meal or workout I get extremely irritated. I feel bad ,but for instance tomorrow night my grandparent are coming to my side of town and want to go out to eat. I've been working 12 hour days all weekend and all I want to do is get off work got to the gym, come home, eat dinner and be Left alone. When I'm prepping for shows I am 100% focused on them and could give a shit about anything else. I take dieting and training very serious. I don't party or even go out ever go out during this time. My off days consist of waking up cooking meals, gym and cooking more meals. I absolutely love everything about the life style. Is there anyone else that just throws everything else in their life aside including family and friends when prepping for shows or dieting?

I like to look at the bodybuilding motivation videos. A lot of the time those guys are training in a gym that is not packed. Also seeing them prepare and cook their meals affirms it is normal.

Is there anyone else that get all bent out of shape if there if they miss a meal or workout? Currently I'm prepping for my next show which is a couple months out and every time some thing gets in the way of me missing a meal or workout I get extremely irritated. I feel bad ,but for instance tomorrow night my grandparent are coming to my side of town and want to go out to eat. I've been working 12 hour days all weekend and all I want to do is get off work got to the gym, come home, eat dinner and be Left alone. When I'm prepping for shows I am 100% focused on them and could give a shit about anything else. I take dieting and training very serious. I don't party or even go out ever go out during this time. My off days consist of waking up cooking meals, gym and cooking more meals. I absolutely love everything about the life style. Is there anyone else that just throws everything else in their life aside including family and friends when prepping for shows or dieting?

All in all I know exactly how you feel; I can be hard on myself as well as hard-driven. Although being goal oriented is more a blessing than a curse...

Gotta have a little balance or it becomes an obsession. Obsessions are never healthy. I respect your dedication, just don't let it get the best of you.

Not sure why you wouldn't have a cheat meal as it will help you produce betters results.

How do you know it will give him better results? Unless your glutes are shredded 2 months out, a cheat meal will only hurt you! People and their cheat meals these days....gotta laugh.

Same for me bro....exactly!!!! I dont even sit down, thats time I could be posing or cooking food

While in show prep mode I don't have any problem structuring my life so that I don't miss workouts or meals. Other than illness or injury, of course.

Work, family, and social obligations just aren't that hard to deal with, with a little planning. Learn what you can and can't eat at restaurants. A salad with no dressing and water ....maybe 6 ounces of chicken or fish(just one low carb example). If you need help figuring out food values use fitday.com .

If convincing yourself that you are ultra-hardcore by isolating yourself from the world during show prep is what you need to stay focused, than by all means do so. Just be aware that you can choose another path and still be dialed in when you step on stage.

If convincing yourself that you are ultra-hardcore by isolating yourself from the world during show prep is what you need to stay focused, than by all means do so. Just be aware that you can choose another path and still be dialed in when you step on stage.

well put.

Well tonight turned out to be a night I will never forget. My grandparents came to my house and they wanted to see one of the rooms I have been fixing up before we went out to eat. In this room I keep all my trophies on a desk and have a few posters up of Arnold and a couple other guys. (My wall of motivation lol) I think it really hit them how passionate I am about it when they saw all this. When I first started competing they thought it was a bad idea and told me that between work and everything else it would be too much. I always invited them to my shows and they never made it to any if them. After seeing my trophies my grandmother wanted to take a picture with me next to them. When my grandmother walked out of the room my grandfather pulled out his wallet and handed me a hundred dollar bill. I told him i couldnt take it ,but he insisted. He told me he wanted me to use it towards my next competition.( I have never once asked for money or borrowed money from family so it caught off guard) he then told me that him am my grandmother will be driving to see my next show and stay in a hotel for the weekend. Honestly I almost got choked up. It just seemed very ironic especially afterward making this thread last night. I thought I would share that with you guys. Inb4 cool story bro

I ended up having steak and broccoli for dinner and having a late night shoulder workout.

Thanks all you guys for the positive replies. I am going to try to find a little better balance for everything. I've just been in robot routine mode for so long it just becomes instinct.

I would also like to be enlighten why some people believe that cheat meals help.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity