over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

is there cure for pinched nerve?

shortyshort

Registered
i gotta pinched nerve right behind my heart somewhere... last time this happened to me, it lasted for a full year.

anybody know how to fix this??? i am in nonstop pain for the last3days.

Sure........find out what is "pinching" the nerve and remove the interference. Of course that's easier said then done.

As a chiropractor, I am of course going to say go see a chiropractor and see if you back is out of alignment pinching a nerve. Nerves come out between 2 vertebrae on both sides and nerves travel everywhere in the body. Where do the nerves originate.....the spine. So go see your chiro 1st and look into getting a massage as well. It should be better within a few treatments if its coming from your spine. If you dont get any relief, then make an appointment with your medical doctor and go from there.

Sure........find out what is "pinching" the nerve and remove the interference. Of course that's easier said then done.

As a chiropractor, I am of course going to say go see a chiropractor and see if you back is out of alignment pinching a nerve. Nerves come out between 2 vertebrae on both sides and nerves travel everywhere in the body. Where do the nerves originate.....the spine. So go see your chiro 1st and look into getting a massage as well. It should be better within a few treatments if its coming from your spine. If you dont get any relief, then make an appointment with your medical doctor and go from there.

Chris comes out of hiding to help a fellow member... well spoken from the Dr. himself... :eek:

My chiropractor showed me a trick. You can get a thick foam tube, put it under your back and roll on it on the floor, back and forth to get your back moving and possibly work out the kink.

i gotta pinched nerve right behind my heart somewhere... last time this happened to me, it lasted for a full year.

anybody know how to fix this??? i am in nonstop pain for the last3days.

I am also a chiro and my question is this.Has this been diagnosed by someone or are you just guessing/self diagnosing it is a pinched nerve? last time this happened what made it go away? I can help send you in the right direction better knowing.

just a side note: a true "pinched nerve" or some type of neuropathy is absolutely excruciating pain,not just a little bothersome.It is a debilitating condition that needs proper care.

i didnt get diagnosed by anyone. last time, it just went away after a year... i dont remember exactly what i did to make the pain away, that was in 2004-05.

but after googling i found this picture on this web. my pain comes from upper yellow C8 and aqua C7 in the picture.
**broken link removed**

it says to take some anti-inflammatory meds, so i took three aleve pills, and this morning, my pain is down about 50%!!! amazing...

i will try this rolling on tube for sure, im not sure if i got this tube around the house tho... how bout if i use a basketball or would that mess me up even more?

Mid-squat a while back I fucked something up in the very top part of my spine, about where my neck starts. From then on, whenever I would train, about halfway through a set this powerful pressure would build up in that area and it was very painful and completely ruined my workouts.

A good friend of mine is a chiro, so I saw him immediately. He said it could be a pinched nerve. He did his routine on me and told me to go train and see if it was better. I'd say it was maybe 20-30% better, but only temporarily.

I did what I didn't want to do and took it really easy on the weights, taking long rest periods in between training days and not doing heavy compound movements, only isolation shit that caused no pain.

About a month later I think it was gone and never returned. Not sure if it was a pinched nerve, but I thought I'd chime in with that.

i didnt get diagnosed by anyone. last time, it just went away after a year... i dont remember exactly what i did to make the pain away, that was in 2004-05.

but after googling i found this picture on this web. my pain comes from upper yellow C8 and aqua C7 in the picture.
**broken link removed**

it says to take some anti-inflammatory meds, so i took three aleve pills, and this morning, my pain is down about 50%!!! amazing...

i will try this rolling on tube for sure, im not sure if i got this tube around the house tho... how bout if i use a basketball or would that mess me up even more?

I would get into see someone and get it checked out.Of course you know what kind of doc I would suggest you see:)

Like kid1dakota said the pain from a true pinched nerve is crippling. I got closed lined off my motorcycle from a cable I did not see in a dark parking lot. MRI showed bulging disc C5&6 w/bone spurs. It happened 14 yrs ago and avoided surgery by doing pt/traction/good pillow etc..fast forward to this last year while doing a lot of concrete block work. I felt like I had a stiff neck increasing to full numbness/tingling down arms into my fingers. Felt like a spear in my back. Tried a message and the lady had to stop because I was in agony. Was completely debilitated tried to go to work and had my partner start an IV and push some toradol. No relief and finally went to my doc did the whole oral sterioids/muscle relaxers/etc..no relief. MRI showed new bulge in C6&7. Did 1 spinal injection for pain and I could function for 2 wks and then it came back. My whole life flashed in front of me because I see a lot of people on and or addicted to pain meds for life. Long story short I got to work/kicked the oxy's stretched used traction and I am pain free. I guess it will always be there so I have to be smart. Funny how we forget about it and just crush jobs and working out, etc...Hope you get checked out if it doesn't improve with RICE.

Had pain going down my left arm to my finger tips...went to a chiropactor for 20 session relieved some pain. Found out I had a pinched nerve betwenn C6/C7 so I had surgery done and now going thru physical therapy. :)

i been taking aleve day and night. this otc med made my pain 90% gone now.

i do have awesome insurance but i'd rather not go see a dr...

from my past experience, they keep you coming back and back... especially because i got good insurance... mri on everything, xrays, pills, send me to this dr, that dr, than that dr sends me to another dr... endless cycle...

unless it emergency room, or a simple bloodwork, no more dr's for me.

i been taking aleve day and night. this otc med made my pain 90% gone now.

i do have awesome insurance but i'd rather not go see a dr...

from my past experience, they keep you coming back and back... especially because i got good insurance... mri on everything, xrays, pills, send me to this dr, that dr, than that dr sends me to another dr... endless cycle...

unless it emergency room, or a simple bloodwork, no more dr's for me.

I can appreciate that as many feel the same way.If this really starts compromising your day to day life you need to get the appropriate diagnoses to at least be able to choose treatment options amongst different practictioners.Chances are this won't just go away.Good luck.

thanks!

i am actually 100% painfree as of this morning and on vaca~

funny tho... even tho im on vacation, i still gotta get on PM!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang: im addicted to PM!!!

and i havent taken any aleave past two days. but if this comes back again, iwill go see a chiropractor.

thanks!

Hot Shower Help?

Glad to see your pain went away. One thing to check if it comes back is to take a relatively hot shower and see if the pain goes away. Try stretching your shoulders (arm adducted across chest with thumb down - elbow locked). If it isn't bone impinging the nerve root, it's possible you have a trigger point within a muscle. Typically, moist heat can help sooth trigger points with propper massage (trigger point releases) it can completely go away with one massage.

If heat does not help however and trigger points are not found, I'd say see a chiro. (coming from a PT) ;)

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear