advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

is there such thing as a Dumbell Bench press record? whats your record?

Stan was having a lot of trouble with those 215s. I think Ronnie could have done better. Look at him with the 200s. YouTube - Bodybuilding - Ronnie Coleman Dumbell Bench Press

I got 100s for 11 last month but I'm a weak bitch:p

You look at that video above and how easily Coleman did the 200's...and also that was 5 weeks out from the Olympia wasnt it?....just amazing....you really wonder what he could do at 315 offseason.

I mean here is Cormier who was known as one strong MF and he is full offseason....and its a beast for him

YouTube - chris cormier 200lb dumbell press

I am not a big guy and I am 43yo; earlier this week I got 125's for 15 and 145's for 6, on a slight decline. I am working my way to the 150's (biggest in my gym). I am pretty excited to use the big ones, a in a couple more weeks maybe...

it IS crazy how easy those 200's look when ronnie is pushing em.
what a beast....
-JS

Well, since I haven't been able to do any barbell work for awhile, I've had to focus entirely on dumbbell work. I hit the 150s on flat for 10 isolateral.

120x5 on incline

Few years back at Coffees Gym in Marietta Ga, when I held the world record bench at 198 I did his biggest db for six reps which were #250 each. I was benching 5 plates for 6. Then in the gym I currently own i can do my #150's (biggest I got) i weigh 200 wet -for 20. Anyone in Atlanta or the Southeast Knows Coffees Gym.

That's what I like about this forum.....you can beleive most of what these guys claim.

Me.... 150 for a couple of reps dieted down, a few weeks out. (Yes, I know how stupid I was for doing it) Haven't been back to the gym that had them (150's), since that day.

Stopped believing that maximum weight helps you grow. Once I went to the heaviest weight I could handle, but with strict, slower reps, I began to grow like a weed. So 100-125's's are the norm for me.

That's what I like about this forum.....you can beleive most of what these guys claim.

Me.... 150 for a couple of reps dieted down, a few weeks out. (Yes, I know how stupid I was for doing it) Haven't been back to the gym that had them (150's), since that day.

Stopped believing that maximum weight helps you grow. Once I went to the heaviest weight I could handle, but with strict, slower reps, I began to grow like a weed. So 100-125's's are the norm for me.

Norm?? Shit, 125s my max bro! :D

Before...........

Before I got hurt I was using 110's for 8-12 reps on flat bench depending on how I felt that day. I know it doesn't sound like much but I 'm a pretty little guy........think I was weighing in at 173 lbs at 5-6. I'm looking forward to getting back up to that and more in the futrue....

Before I got hurt I was using 110's for 8-12 reps on flat bench depending on how I felt that day. I know it doesn't sound like much but I 'm a pretty little guy........think I was weighing in at 173 lbs at 5-6. I'm looking forward to getting back up to that and more in the futrue....

I saw a little guy, 132lbs. do 3 sets of 12 full range reps w/125's.That was impressive.

Hardest thing about the heave db's is that beside getting em up initially is that they are so big and wide its difficult to bring them up without a very wide range of motion. also some of the heavy hex db's i have are now bent and certain brands only make a skinny grip. My Hamptons with the fat contoured grip only go to 100 and the CAP brand hex from 120 on are skinny grip which makes them more unstable. Anyone in the Atlanta area should hit me up and we can workout sometime. I hit it hard.

Welcome to Facebook

Teen friend of mine pushing 150's. He's doing closer to 170's now...and no, the kid doesn't use gear. He's just a freak. Check his pics from 2 years ago, he was a skinny 140 lb kid. lol

Edit: not sure if that's a bad link or not. If it is I'll just throw the vid up on youtube.

I used to rep 100lb dumbbells for 40 (explosive) reps on a mid-incine. Those were the biggest in the gym I was at. Then I tore my pec doing barbell bench...I haven't got back to 40 and probably never will. I hit 28 one day and haven't gotten that many again since then.
Now I focus on control and feeling the muscle more...I've learned that the explosive 40 was nice for my ego, but the more controlled reps are just as good, if not better, for my chest development.

Last time i used DB for a press was my last DC blast. Used them for dumbell shoulder presses. 130's X 21 RP. A member of this board was my training partner at the time, if i can get him to do it before he switches gyms ill have him shoot a video of it on my phone. as for a chest press, well they only go to 150 at my gym so i never thought much of using them for chest.

DAMN!

That's pretty incredible for shoulder press, in my opinion!

Hardest thing about the heave db's is that beside getting em up initially is that they are so big and wide its difficult to bring them up without a very wide range of motion. also some of the heavy hex db's i have are now bent and certain brands only make a skinny grip. My Hamptons with the fat contoured grip only go to 100 and the CAP brand hex from 120 on are skinny grip which makes them more unstable. Anyone in the Atlanta area should hit me up and we can workout sometime. I hit it hard.

I agree ,the thicker grips are far easier to hold onto.Thin ones I have to squeeze very hard or they feel like they're tearing thru my hands.At one of the gyms I frequented the ones that were bent were dropped quite frequently.Eventually they break.

Last time i used DB for a press was my last DC blast. Used them for dumbell shoulder presses. 130's X 21 RP. A member of this board was my training partner at the time, if i can get him to do it before he switches gyms ill have him shoot a video of it on my phone. as for a chest press, well they only go to 150 at my gym so i never thought much of using them for chest.

incredible!

I have long arms (82'' wing span) + weak shoulders and can only do 90's for 10 reps.

Just wondering, how do you get the 130's up? it takes a lot of enegry out of me to get the 90's up. I always have to have a spot on those

i would LOVE to see that!!!

:love:

incredible!

I have long arms (82'' wing span) + weak shoulders and can only do 90's for 10 reps.

Just wondering, how do you get the 130's up? it takes a lot of enegry out of me to get the 90's up. I always have to have a spot on those

2 people hand them to me. hahaha.i can press, any kind of press ive always been really strong on, but goddamn i suck at squats and DL's

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws