YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

is there such thing as a Dumbell Bench press record? whats your record?

speed

Registered
i strictly do dumbell press, and nothing straight bar with my hands, over the past years my dumbell max i just recently hit is 142.5 in each hand 285 together for 4 reps( i have the add on dumbells that are 12.5 each=25) so my one rep max is prob around 150lb in each hand which im very proud of even thoe i know its prob nothin to some of the guys on here? was curious how the guys on here would rate that and how post how much your playing with these days? so is there any type of event out there for a record for the dumbell press, alls i can find is ronnie throwing up the 200's for quite a few reps, from that vid i estimate he prob could hit 300s in each hand once? whatcha think? p.s. i want to set the dumbell bench press record lol

the most i do is 100s
4 to 5 sets strict, strict form
3 to 4 second negative with
an explosive positive for 10 to 15 reps
depending on whether its incline or flat

i have however, back in the day
gotten 8 or 9 reps with the 160s a few times
even more on declines

i dont do decline bells anymore though
do to the fact that i'm a huge asshole
and refuse to ask someone to hand them to me

:D

ha ya i totaly hear you it sucks you cant go heavy on declines with em cuz you need your knees to throw them up and if ya did that you would do a backflip lol, so there not in my recipe either, but im surprised you only play with hundreds now cuz ya looked jacked,

Last edited:
200lb'ers are custom made. 220's are the highest custom made set that I know of. I cannot remember the athlete who used the set and I am not sure if they are for pressing them, possibly DB rows. I am confident many guys can do more than the 220's though. I wouldn't be surprised if some one could bench 330lb'ers give or take if they existed.

I've gotten the 130s up for a few reps on a slight incline but I generally stay a little bit lighter, 100-120. My gym has dumbbells up to 150lbs, I've never been strong enough to use them for anything except for some dumbbell rows here and there.

Working sets are usually with incline db presses -120s x 12 to 15 reps then I drop it to 105s or 100s and do real slow reps, eventually dropping down to 40lbs dumbells. And I swear those are harder than the 120s :D

I see no point in going too high. I could make 40lbs dumbbells feel like their 100s if I go slow and really focus on the muscle.

Most I've ever done was 140s for 6 or 8 reps. I won't be trying things like that anymore. Had an injury scare, and never again.

150 is my max for three reps.

the most i do is 100s
4 to 5 sets strict, strict form
3 to 4 second negative with
an explosive positive for 10 to 15 reps
depending on whether its incline or flat

i have however, back in the day
gotten 8 or 9 reps with the 160s a few times
even more on declines

i dont do decline bells anymore though
do to the fact that i'm a huge asshole
and refuse to ask someone to hand them to me

:D

Amen to that. I can lift a lot with dumbbells, but choosing now to control the tempo to make the movement feel even tougher and concentrated. Now, if you ask me to incline press dumbbells for faster tempo reps, I would not have a problem using the highest amount the gym offers. I do not know about 160lbs, but 140lbs I have done in the past for reps.

Highest this gym goes is 100s. My old gym had 150s. Right now I can do 100s about 15 reps.

I know metroflex has 250s from some of Branch's videos but he usually does Kroc rows with them. Never seen them used for chest in any videos

I have incline the 130s for a set of 6.

This is the most I have ever seen
YouTube - Team Super Training: Stan Efferding and the 215s

well thats officialy the biggest dumbell ive seen chest pressed, but ronnie would still definetly beat him, im surprised there isnt as much vids on the net of some guys doing some big time weight on the dumbell bench press, i guess like more of you are saying yall are going lighter with good form and technique

Last night I did 135 lbs for 4 sets - 8,6,4,4 . I have been doing more hammer strength presses than dumbbell presses for the last year , but I'm changing that around for a while. A couple of years ago I would usually hit 3 sets of 8 with 140 lbs.

I actually have a set of hangers for dumbbells so I don't need to carry them to the bench and throw them up with my knees any more!

so far i have the record as far as members on the board here.:D
you guys gotta be stronger than that... or maybe i just do too much dumbell work :confused: its all i been using for years.....
-JS

so far i have the record as far as members on the board here.:D
you guys gotta be stronger than that... or maybe i just do too much dumbell work :confused: its all i been using for years.....
-JS

lets see!!!

i like SLIGHT decline bench so maybe my numbers a bit bigger cuz of the slight decline. i don't like flat bench. makes me worry about my shoulders doing the movement and or getting injured.
its prolly the slight decline i guess...
-JS

Most ive ever personally witnessed was a buddy of mine doing 200s on the flat and I think he got out maybe 5 or 6 reps. Its been awhile and I cant remember for sure. The guy had a great bench and joined the "Power Team". Not sure if youve heard of the group, but they tour schools and other places and teach others about the power of Christ. They do crazy acts of strength. He spent some time in prison for a murder I think and when he got out he turned to God for help and turned his life around.

the past 4 weeks i have only been doing DB's for presses and im loving it...but my gym only has 125lbs :(

I do incline and flat bench with 135's for 10 reps no problem. I wish my gym had heavier dumbels

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws