YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is this a bad idea? Question regarding family doc and bloodwork...

You should be able to trust your doctor and tell him what you are using, there is no reason you shouldn't, you can ask him not to put it in your chart but 95% chance he already knows that.

People do share needles which is why he asked if you wanted an HIV test.

If he wants to test your testosterone, and you are very high, tell him, "my levels are going to be very high because I'm on X amount."

I understand that I can refuse the test, I'm just wondering if it's something that will affect me negatively down the road. He's never checked my test before but we got into a little discussion about my use, and I was getting an annual physical so he must have just added the testosterone test to my routine bloodwork. He didn't mention it but I noticed it on the paper work when I got home. I haven't gone to the lab yet bc I have to go in fasted and I can't do that until Saturday. I'm on 1200mg test, 400 deca/400 npp and 50mg winstrol so I'm sure my labs are gonna be all over. I'm just wondering if I want to cancel the testosterone portion of the test.

I'm 45 yo and been using gear for 15 years. I get routine bloodwork done I've just never had my testosterone checked.

An AIDS test for using steroids? lol What an asshat!
Yeah, no doubt. I told him we don't all hang out in the locker room shooting each other up with the same needle. He seemed surprised.

I understand that I can refuse the test, I'm just wondering if it's something that will affect me negatively down the road. He's never checked my test before but we got into a little discussion about my use, and I was getting an annual physical so he must have just added the testosterone test to my routine bloodwork. He didn't mention it but I noticed it on the paper work when I got home. I haven't gone to the lab yet bc I have to go in fasted and I can't do that until Saturday. I'm on 1200mg test, 400 deca/400 npp and 50mg winstrol so I'm sure my labs are gonna be all over. I'm just wondering if I want to cancel the testosterone portion of the test.
Well, again, if you plan on getting life insurance then I would cancel it.

Regardless of what you do, know that your labs will not be great. Lots of markers are going to be off on that cycle.

Well, again, if you plan on getting life insurance then I would cancel it.

Maldy my question about that is if you were to get life insurance then die wouldn’t they dig into everything and say “hey this guy was on a bunch of shit the policy is void”?

Maldy my question about that is if you were to get life insurance then die wouldn’t they dig into everything and say “hey this guy was on a bunch of shit the policy is void”?
Well, if I tried to get it now then they would factor in my steroid use into the cost of the insurance and the rates would be really high I think. With me though, I have heart failure with a below 20% ejection fraction so there isnt a company around that would even offer to insure me. I am uninsurable now I think, or if they would the cost would be stupid high. We dont need life insurance on me anyhow. My case is unlike most on here.

It would be void for someone if they used steroids before the policy was made up and it wasnt revealed to the company when they figured the policy. You would have had to lie on the application if you kept steroid use a secret. Im not sure what happens if you use after it is started. That might be ok. Not sure on that one.

So my doc doesn't know to what extent I'm on aas but does know I take testosterone and I'm up for regular bloodwork but my BP was slightly higher than normal this time and I noticed he has included a test for my test levels this time...I have never had this done through my family physician and I'm concerned that having really high test levels documented could negatively affect me in the future.... is this a legit concern? For example I've always seen myself looking to get on trt at some point in my life but wondering if this test result could somehow be a barrier for me in the future? And are there any other reasons not to do this? I mean I'm curious to see my numbers but not sure if this is a bad move...? Thanks

When you show up for a blood test, decline the testosterone test. This is your right.

When the results come in for the other tests, talk to your doctor
off the record, be honest, about your testosterone concerns and once
and if resolvable, whatever that means, proceed from there.

As others have said you can also have it checked independent
of your physician. (I know nothing about this process.)

This may be your, a subtle signal for TRT which is not a bad thing
if you can wrap your brain around it.

And keep your bp under control.

Well, if I tried to get it now then they would factor in my steroid use into the cost of the insurance and the rates would be really high I think. With me though, I have heart failure with a below 20% ejection fraction so there isnt a company around that would even offer to insure me. I am uninsurable now I think, or if they would the cost would be stupid high. We dont need life insurance on me anyhow. My case is unlike most on here.

It would be void for someone if they used steroids before the policy was made up and it wasnt revealed to the company when they figured the policy. You would have had to lie on the application if you kept steroid use a secret. Im not sure what happens if you use after it is started. That might be ok. Not sure on that one.
Is your heart failure from steroid use?

No one can say for certain whether it will negatively affect you in the future but I wouldn't take the risk and cancel the Test-test just to be sure.

Is your heart failure from steroid use?
I had a heart attack from a large blood clot while doing squats. I and doctors think steroids are partly to blame. Here is my thread.

Found out I have a blood clot ,and we didn't know it's in the family. I think if I never took steroids that I wouldn't have had the heart attack. My mother and uncle both have the trait, discovered when they tested after me. They have had zero heart trouble and both are in the early 80s.

So my doc doesn't know to what extent I'm on aas but does know I take testosterone and I'm up for regular bloodwork but my BP was slightly higher than normal this time and I noticed he has included a test for my test levels this time...I have never had this done through my family physician and I'm concerned that having really high test levels documented could negatively affect me in the future.... is this a legit concern? For example I've always seen myself looking to get on trt at some point in my life but wondering if this test result could somehow be a barrier for me in the future? And are there any other reasons not to do this? I mean I'm curious to see my numbers but not sure if this is a bad move...? Thanks
Do you get a sheet to take to the lab of your choice? Or is the lab annex part of the same healthcare system/network as your doctor and the doctor himself just sends it over electronically (via computer) so that you can just walk in and give them your name? Otherwise, when you get to the lab, you'll have to ask them for a printout of the requested tests. And refuse a specific panel. Likely CBC, CMP, and a standard Male Hormone Panel. But As @Bio said, then you might have to explain why you refused that specific panel and that can run into its problems.

It's all up to you, but know that the results will then be in the system. (results being that you are sky high on non-prescribed PEDs). That can affect a lot of things; your ability to get life insurance, your ability to be prescribed certain medications with potential for abuse (pain meds, certain sleep aids, etc), your ability to get referrals for certain procedures. Again, that is totally up to you.

I am lucky to have a friend who is also my doctor. He trains himself and he knows what to put in my charts and what to leave out of the system. We've talked about it over weighted dips and chins. He trains hard also along with other things 😉

You haven't indicated if you are prepping for a show or meet so I'm assuming you use AAS for purely cosmetic and general performance reasons.

Our health system here is very integrated into one larger overarching health system. I don't want that info in their systems because I could never escape it. It's enormous. If I were required to have a hormone panel and couldn't escape it (and I never have been), I would go off and wait 3-4 weeks then have the bloodwork done. That way, I'm bottomed out. I have to get a CMP and CBC every two months for my hematologist but no male hormone panel is done. I hate bloodwork but you have to do it.

I could tell you about my experience with TRT outside the general healthcare system but that would require a thread of its own. Hell, they prescribed me everything because I went off completely for a month before my bloodwork and my blood were still horribly wrecked everywhere because I hadn't even started recovering yet plus I do a small personal PCT that works well for me.

i think one thing we loose perspective of is WE are hiring them for their services. If you so choose not to take a test or screening or whatever it may be it is absolutely your right as again your are hiring this professional for their services and can always shop around for better service just like a mechanic, etc. I think it is an absolute must to have a doctor that you can be 100% transparent with or you are not only wasting your time and money but more importantly putting yourself at risk. my doctor knows everything and i am so thankful for that.

i think one thing we loose perspective of is WE are hiring them for their services. If you so choose not to take a test or screening or whatever it may be it is absolutely your right as again your are hiring this professional for their services and can always shop around for better service just like a mechanic, etc. I think it is an absolute must to have a doctor that you can be 100% transparent with or you are not only wasting your time and money but more importantly putting yourself at risk. my doctor knows everything and i am so thankful for that.
I hear you on this. The healthcare industry in general is so regulated it's become like a public utilities commission where they define the rules of the game. To make matters worse, they're selling you you're own health. Which depending on your point of view, is rather disgusting on its face.

I hear you on this. The healthcare industry in general is so regulated it's become like a public utilities commission where they define the rules of the game. To make matters worse, they're selling you you're own health. Which depending on your point of view, is rather disgusting on its face.
I've noticed some doctors don't analyze each patient carefully as an individual case, but rather throw you into a category and treat you like all the other people in that category. Like me for instance. I'm a heart failure patient. Some want to treat me like their other heart failure patients that are elderly.

I've noticed some doctors don't analyze each patient carefully as an individual case, but rather throw you into a category and treat you like all the other people in that category. Like me for instance. I'm a heart failure patient. Some want to treat me like their other heart failure patients that are elderly.
Trust me, they do the same thing with doctors.

Brain natriuretic peptide. Just to keep an extra eye on the heart. I just do this one 1x a year.

Yea this is a major heart test. Probably the single best way to check for heart failure via bloodwork.

and they only treat symptoms. very few are into preventative medicine which is whats really more important

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear