over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is this true about Synthol?

Dezzy

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
"It makes the muscle appear larger, but it actually weakens it," said Dr. Mauro DiPasquale, a former bodybuilder and physician in Ontario, Canada, and president of the United World Powerlifting Federation.

unless your a powerlifter it really doesn't matter and powerlifters dont give a crap about size

Do you think the muscle tear of biceps of guys like branch warren, and dorian yates is partly due to synthol/site injections?

Do you think the muscle tear of biceps of guys like branch warren, and dorian yates is partly due to synthol/site injections?

I would say more due to the heavy ass slag and intense workouts...not the syntherol.

There's speculation that a lot of the guys that are tearing their lats are putting themselves at risk for said injury from injecting in the lats.

There's speculation that a lot of the guys that are tearing their lats are putting themselves at risk for said injury from injecting in the lats.

I was thinkin the same thing aka Ronnie??? I'm not knockin syntherol I think it's a great product I'm running it in a few months. Just thinking about it, and wondering if its something that we should be cautious about?

What would cause this to occur? It would seem if that's the cause then that one would assume that it weakens the muscle fibers/ligaments themselves to allow the tear to occur?

Not true. Pasquale must have not looked into the subject properly.

Countless top level powerlifters use Syntherol for its increases in muscle size - larger muscle = stronger muscle.

Injecting anything can increase the chance of tearing muscle IF scar tissue develops. That is why scar tissue build up avoidance is the number one priority when you do site injections.

Not true. Pasquale must have not looked into the subject properly.

Countless top level powerlifters use Syntherol for its increases in muscle size - larger muscle = stronger muscle.

Injecting anything can increase the chance of tearing muscle IF scar tissue develops. That is why scar tissue build up avoidance is the number one priority when you do site injections.

Thanks for clearin that up. The advice of a pro is good enough for me.

You should massage the area afterward, I doubt a lot of individuals using it are doing that.

"It makes the muscle appear larger, but it actually weakens it,"

It increases pressure on the fascia. Fascia functions to "feel" localized pressure and distribute tension information across wider muscle groups so they can coordinate action.

Maximum strength comes from generating the most peak force on the muscle worked, adapting, reapply force +, adapting, reapply force ++, adapting.

Properly administered oil can create a depot that increases the amount of force that is generated on the muscle as fascia curves around it during a lift.

Proper lifting takes this into account so that the muscle worked looks more like: apply force +++, adapt, reapply force ++++, adapt, reapply force +++++++

By proper I mean the following.

A surgeon doing breast augmentation where he inserts the implant below the muscle does not implant a DD cup straight away. He uses a smaller implant and works up. The better surgeons will do this in multiple steps. The hacks don't care... thats why ruptures and deformation can occur sometimes.

So a bodybuilder will do the same multi-step approach UNLESS he foolishly dreams of adding a lot of size over night.

By proper I mean that with oil in the muscle a Hammer strength machine might be better then a bench, because you can control the amount of tension better. Using Ronnie Coleman style lifting w/ oil in the muscle can lead to tears.

Strength

The proper use as described leads to strength increases ESPECIALLY in the outer calf bent leg position. Better more explosive jumping. Great for martial arts and jump sports but even here the strength gains come over t i m e, not over night.

Dr. Mauro DiPasquale is outstanding. A line or two here and there in his books have given me ideas for deep research.

But his coverage is so broad sometimes that he fails to fully understand or provide detail about certain topics. At least in one instance I have found that he used the identical line word for word that I found in other source material.

The line:

"Studies have found that decreases in protein synthesis that occur in proportion to the number of contractions induced by electrical stimulation were in proportion to the decline in the level of ATP in muscle cells." footnote 112​

Great line! Since I am currently writing an article about ATP & protein synthesis do you think I followed up on the footnote?

Yes I did it when I first discovered that line in another text and I got fooled into doing it again for a second time when DiPasquale noted it.

The problem is that when you cut & paste without reading you can repeat a mistake if it was present in the source material. In this instance the citation leads to a study that was not about electrical stimulation of contractions and declining ATP levels. :(

It is difficult enough when you DO read everything. I make mistakes... and apparently I think a lot of myself :D so I am not being critical of DiPasquale. I'm just saying he, like everyone else, gets some things wrong... from time to time.

When he makes blanket statements about injecting oil he misses the details. When he made a negative comment about Emeric's product being just chicken protein he missed the details.

MD magazine has "credentialed" people make statements such as caprylic acid based oil sticks around for years and can be deadly. These are people with supposed medical degrees making dumb-assed statements.

What you do if you care is go to full text studies that measure dissipation rates of various oils. The medical community had an interest in this decades ago because they use oil based delivery of time release drugs and they want to make sure the oil doesn't dissipate before they want drug delivery. So understanding the characteristics of oil such as fractionated coconut oil is important ... and has been established.

Caprylic acid disperses at a half-life of 7 days to 2 weeks tops. So why did MD magazine get it wrong? I think a better question is do they ever get anything correct?

It increases pressure on the fascia. Fascia functions to "feel" localized pressure and distribute tension information across wider muscle groups so they can coordinate action.

Maximum strength comes from generating the most peak force on the muscle worked, adapting, reapply force +, adapting, reapply force ++, adapting.

Properly administered oil can create a depot that increases the amount of force that is generated on the muscle as fascia curves around it during a lift.

Proper lifting takes this into account so that the muscle worked looks more like: apply force +++, adapt, reapply force ++++, adapt, reapply force +++++++

By proper I mean the following.

A surgeon doing breast augmentation where he inserts the implant below the muscle does not implant a DD cup straight away. He uses a smaller implant and works up. The better surgeons will do this in multiple steps. The hacks don't care... thats why ruptures and deformation can occur sometimes.

So a bodybuilder will do the same multi-step approach UNLESS he foolishly dreams of adding a lot of size over night.

By proper I mean that with oil in the muscle a Hammer strength machine might be better then a bench, because you can control the amount of tension better. Using Ronnie Coleman style lifting w/ oil in the muscle can lead to tears.

Strength

The proper use as described leads to strength increases ESPECIALLY in the outer calf bent leg position. Better more explosive jumping. Great for martial arts and jump sports but even here the strength gains come over t i m e, not over night.

Dr. Mauro DiPasquale is outstanding. A line or two here and there in his books have given me ideas for deep research.

But his coverage is so broad sometimes that he fails to fully understand or provide detail about certain topics. At least in one instance I have found that he used the identical line word for word that I found in other source material.

The line:

"Studies have found that decreases in protein synthesis that occur in proportion to the number of contractions induced by electrical stimulation were in proportion to the decline in the level of ATP in muscle cells." footnote 112​

Great line! Since I am currently writing an article about ATP & protein synthesis do you think I followed up on the footnote?

Yes I did it when I first discovered that line in another text and I got fooled into doing it again for a second time when DiPasquale noted it.

The problem is that when you cut & paste without reading you can repeat a mistake if it was present in the source material. In this instance the citation leads to a study that was not about electrical stimulation of contractions and declining ATP levels. :(

It is difficult enough when you DO read everything. I make mistakes... and apparently I think a lot of myself :D so I am not being critical of DiPasquale. I'm just saying he, like everyone else, gets some things wrong... from time to time.

When he makes blanket statements about injecting oil he misses the details. When he made a negative comment about Emeric's product being just chicken protein he missed the details.

MD magazine has "credentialed" people make statements such as caprylic acid based oil sticks around for years and can be deadly. These are people with supposed medical degrees making dumb-assed statements.

What you do if you care is go to full text studies that measure dissipation rates of various oils. The medical community had an interest in this decades ago because they use oil based delivery of time release drugs and they want to make sure the oil doesn't dissipate before they want drug delivery. So understanding the characteristics of oil such as fractionated coconut oil is important ... and has been established.

Caprylic acid disperses at a half-life of 7 days to 2 weeks tops. So why did MD magazine get it wrong? I think a better question is do they ever get anything correct?

Thanks this really clear things up a lot! I know there is a lot of misinformation perpetuated by the bodybuilding community and the media as well.
I always wondered in site injection oils was the reason why a lot of pros use machines a lot.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws