over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is this true?

Rickjamesbiddle

Registered
"The presence of creatine stimulates the muscle to form more myosin, one of the contractile proteins within the muscle tissue. The process is circular in nature: the contraction of muscle tissue produces creatine, which results in the muscle forming more myosin, which enables the muscle to generate stronger contractions. The greater the contractions produce more creatine, and the process is started again."

"The presence of creatine stimulates the muscle to form more myosin, one of the contractile proteins within the muscle tissue. The process is circular in nature: the contraction of muscle tissue produces creatine, which results in the muscle forming more myosin, which enables the muscle to generate stronger contractions. The greater the contractions produce more creatine, and the process is started again."

Im very curious as to why nobody had an opinion on this...

The posted study is referring to cardiac muscle of MICE.

"These results suggest that creatine preferentially
stimulates the synthesis of cardiac musclespecific proteins in vitro and support the hypothesis
that creatine may play a role in the development
of cardiac hypertrophy
."

This work was supported by research grants from the
American Heart Association and the National Heart and
Lung Institute,

Human skeletal muscle:
Creatine has been studied every which way til Sunday and in a nutshell:Additional oral creatine does increase HUMAN SKELETAL MUSCLE size and performance in short bursts around 10% (not exact number but close) for up to 20 secs bursts (again not exact number but close).

Extra H2O brought into the muscle cells help create a positive enviroment for growth in HUMAN SKELETAL MUSCLE.

It has also been determined that when usage is discontinued the benefits slowly fade.

Also many additional usses have been found for creatine from healing post surgery to elderly maintaining muscle mass etc..But the above study on fetal hearts of mice really doesn't apply.

Last edited:
The posted study is referring to cardiac muscle of MICE.

"These results suggest that creatine preferentially
stimulates the synthesis of cardiac musclespecific proteins in vitro and support the hypothesis
that creatine may play a role in the development
of cardiac hypertrophy
."

This work was supported by research grants from the
American Heart Association and the National Heart and
Lung Institute,

Human skeletal muscle:
Creatine has been studied every which way til Sunday and in a nutshell:Additional oral creatine does increase HUMAN SKELETAL MUSCLE size and performance in short bursts around 10% (not exact number but close) for up to 20 secs bursts (again not exact number but close).

Extra H2O brought into the muscle cells help create a positive enviroment for growth in HUMAN SKELETAL MUSCLE.

It has also been determined that when usage is discontinued the benefits slowly fade.

Also many additional usses have been found for creatine from healing post surgery to elderly maintaining muscle mass etc..But the above study on fetal hearts of mice really doesn't apply.

I understand the study yes, but thats all i can come up with to back this quote

Is this true?

This is the basis of hit or at least heavydutu and thats what I want to discuss

I understand the study yes, but thats all i can come up with to back this quote

Is this true?

This is the basis of hit or at least heavydutu and thats what I want to discuss

In theory if that were true,they would have discovered in the hundreds of studies done on creatine that : adding additional creatine through supplementation increases myosin which would be a permanent gain.

That has Never been determined in a creatine study.So I think that dispells that theory.

I found this but again it was an in vitro study which is where they start but usually doesn't prove in real world.

"In one study, researchers discovered that elevated creatine concentration of skeletal muscle cells leads to an increase in myosin heavy chain synthesis. (9) These studies were conducted in vitro using tissue cultures. The results of Ingwall’s et al study are presented in Table 1"

This is what most studies claim is the action creating the benfits of creatine :

"when ATP is being dephosphorylated into ADP, resynthesis of ATP is being achieved at the same time inside of the muscle. This is where creatine becomes a crucial factor in the energy production of muscle cells in the body. During contraction, this resynthesis of ATP from ADP is accomplished through the degradation of phosphocreatine"

Last edited:
This are interesting studys but not refering ti how creatine is produced through contractions...

Where did mentzer get that Information, i wonder. Something has to be to it. I have made good gains doing a couple of sets a bodypart and this goes against everything science says...

Where did mentzer get that Information, i wonder. Something has to be to it. I have made good gains doing a couple of sets a bodypart and this goes against everything science says...

He got that information from the same place GH15 gets his information. His head.

And the fact you've made good gains doing a couple sets a body-part does not go against everything science says.

Muscle contractions require ATP. There are three ways to get there. Two of them involve a lack of oxygen so they're known as Anaerobic Pathways. The first is Anaerobic Glycolytic. The second is the Creatine Phosphate system.

So muscle contractions that are explosive and short like a powerlifter deadlifting his 3rm max requires a great deal of ATP derived from the phosphate system. Creatine is a donor of Phosphate.

Creatine DOES contribute to muscle growth, and on many levels. One of which has to do with its Osmolytic effect, in other words, it makes the cell expand because of increased water intake into the cell. This sets off a chain reaction that leads to an anabolic environment.

But muscle contractions do not make Creatine. They create a higher demand for phosphate, which can be donated by creatine, but they do not in and of themselves create Creatine.

He got that information from the same place GH15 gets his information. His head.

And the fact you've made good gains doing a couple sets a body-part does not go against everything science says.

Muscle contractions require ATP. There are three ways to get there. Two of them involve a lack of oxygen so they're known as Anaerobic Pathways. The first is Anaerobic Glycolytic. The second is the Creatine Phosphate system.

So muscle contractions that are explosive and short like a powerlifter deadlifting his 3rm max requires a great deal of ATP derived from the phosphate system. Creatine is a donor of Phosphate.

Creatine DOES contribute to muscle growth, and on many levels. One of which has to do with its Osmolytic effect, in other words, it makes the cell expand because of increased water intake into the cell. This sets off a chain reaction that leads to an anabolic environment.

But muscle contractions do not make Creatine. They create a higher demand for phosphate, which can be donated by creatine, but they do not in and of themselves create Creatine.

This is basically what i have been after this whole time, but instead I get lectures on the bodys energy systems and creatines role. I have yet to find a study confirming what mentzer was preaching, besided the sucess of my own training. And if it doset go against what science says, then by all
Means post up the studies that hae proven less than three sets PER EXERSIZE are more efective than multiple sets, LET alone 1-2 sets per bodypart!!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws