YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is TRT making my health situation worse?

TonyCyp

Registered
Hey all. Been in trt since 2012. From 2012-2014 did good health wise. Then The last 3 years I became an alcoholic. Stopped working out and God fat. My trt is 200 mg cyp once a week and 400 iu big twice a week and .5mg adex twice a week.
Last year my doc said I had high blood pressure and my cholesterol was looking bad as well as my liver was starting to get inflamed. Now I'm trying to get off the booze and back to my former glory. But could trt make any of my health issues worse? From what I've heard I can't just STOP trt so im.scared. thanks

Quite the contrary, short of maybe some hemo/hema problems, TRT has given you stable blood levels for testosterone. Drinking will tank your testosterone naturally. Your bad bloodwork is likely attributed to poor eating habits, and lack of exercise.

Get back into a routine, lose weight, and your bloodwork will improve.

I'm no doctor but I would say your best option would be to stay on trt. The last thing you want is to start feeling depressed due to low test levels, which might make you want to drink more. Drop the booze, work with your doc on the bp and cholesterol issues, get your ass back to the gym and workout hard.....you will be alright.

Appreciate all the advice and general optimism. I'm going to get back to my gym and stop drinking beginning of month.

I think it's safe to say getting fat and boozing is leading to your health problems not a trt dose....

The test I would think is helping you

As others have already stated, your health issues are more likely due to your current lifestyle. Get back in the gym, bro :)

Yep. As everyone is saying. Its your lifestyle choices doing the harm. sounds like you know what you have got to do to turn this around for the better. Stay focused, good luck.

Basically what everyone has already said, get off the booze. If anything, you'd gain twice the weight if you got off your TRT dose and crashed your T levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all. Been in trt since 2012. From 2012-2014 did good health wise. Then The last 3 years I became an alcoholic. Stopped working out and God fat. My trt is 200 mg cyp once a week and 400 iu big twice a week and .5mg adex twice a week.
Last year my doc said I had high blood pressure and my cholesterol was looking bad as well as my liver was starting to get inflamed. Now I'm trying to get off the booze and back to my former glory. But could trt make any of my health issues worse? From what I've heard I can't just STOP trt so im.scared. thanks
Read this ...https://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa63/aa63.htm clean up man. everyone wrote great and supportive things to you. Health always comes first turn this around and update the forum and then start a log and show us how much you improved in the gym.You can use this to inspire other people who's been in your shoes. Good luck and update

Last edited:
You answered your own question, you said you felt great the first 2 years on TRT, then you started drinking and quit exercising and​ got fat and all your health went down hill, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm let me think about maybe QUIT DRINKING START EXERCISING, and get you diet cleaned up, that's where I would start, and I highly doubt TRT is causing you any issues considering your habits.

Alcohol is the problem. Causes all of your symptomes.

Tony has been starting these threads here for years. Why do you guys bother?

I'm going to get back to my gym and stop drinking beginning of month.

Oh yea get drunk every night then on the magical day of "the 1st" you will start. There is no difference between now and 10 days out or next year.

I liked better when his TRT was 300mg test and 300mg deca and he'd spend 10 hours every day milking his tits.

You still on benzos, Tony? Together with alcohol, it must be some trip.

Oh yea get drunk every night then on the magical day of "the 1st" you will start. There is no difference between now and 10 days out or next year.

Totally agree with this one, why wait start today

Tony has been starting these threads here for years. Why do you guys bother?

Amen brother.your right.i hate it more than anyone.i have ocd as well as other issues.guess u can say im paranoid,your right for the last 3 or so years ive been doing the same self destructive bs,well im almost 30 now and i realize how important health is and want to turn my life around.but i understand how annoying it can be for you guys

well im almost 30 now and i realize how important health is and want to turn my life around.
Do it.

Start today. You either want it or you just say you want it.

Congrats on turning things around, you have to stick with it though. Start eating better and stay off the alcohol for a good few months, then get retested. Then you'll have a better idea of where you are at with less variables effecting the results.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws