over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Isle of Man ~The Channel Islands~

superqt4u2nv

Registered
Hey Folks long time no see. I am looking for a little advice since this site seems to have a lot of international folks on it I figured it would be a good place to ask. I have a potential job opportunity in Isle of Man it is considered part of the UK but not under British rule from what I have researched being Canadian it sounds similar but not sure. Anyways looking for any info anyone may have on Isle of Man I did a little research on cost of living doesn’t seem too crazy. I am wondering what life would be like there and if there is any decent gyms etc. Also how competing works over there as I am not a citizen so not sure if I could compete. Thanks in advance for any input.

Long time no see indeed, qt!! :)

Well, if you like rain, cold temp and fog, I don't think you'll be deceived there... :D Never visited the isle myself, but I heard it's pretty much like Ireland as far as landscapes, wheather or even life... not really London nightclubbing, if you know what I mean... :eek: :p

Good thing, you'd only be a 1.5 hours flight away from me... you could always come to workout on the weekends!! ;)

Long time no see indeed, qt!! :)

Well, if you like rain, cold temp and fog, I don't think you'll be deceived there... :D Never visited the isle myself, but I heard it's pretty much like Ireland as far as landscapes, wheather or even life... not really London nightclubbing, if you know what I mean... :eek: :p

Good thing, you'd only be a 1.5 hours flight away from me... you could always come to workout on the weekends!! ;)

Well that is a lovely bonus doll if I get to see you. ;) Not really a big fan of cold fog and rain (sounds like Vancouver). LOL but be nice to be that close to the rest of Europe I have always wanted to travel Europe this would give me a good opportunity.

Hey Folks long time no see. I am looking for a little advice since this site seems to have a lot of international folks on it I figured it would be a good place to ask. I have a potential job opportunity in Isle of Man it is considered part of the UK but not under British rule from what I have researched being Canadian it sounds similar but not sure. Anyways looking for any info anyone may have on Isle of Man I did a little research on cost of living doesn’t seem too crazy. I am wondering what life would be like there and if there is any decent gyms etc. Also how competing works over there as I am not a citizen so not sure if I could compete. Thanks in advance for any input.

The investors for the company I work for all live over there.

lovely scenery. cost of living is cheap. and it is also a tax haven. In the summer its probably one of the nicer parts in the UK.

They do have some decent gyms there as well. As far as I know the rulings for UKBFF do not restrict you if you are a foreign national now living in the UK.

The investors for the company I work for all live over there.

lovely scenery. cost of living is cheap. and it is also a tax haven. In the summer its probably one of the nicer parts in the UK.

They do have some decent gyms there as well. As far as I know the rulings for UKBFF do not restrict you if you are a foreign national now living in the UK.

Awesome thanks my biggest concern is cost of living vs what they will pay me as I have gotten offers in Bermuda in the past and turned them down cause the cost of living there is gross.

the Isle of Man is different to the Channel Islands, its off the North West coast of UK between UK and Ireland.
The Channel Islands consist of Jersey and Guernsey and some smaller islands and they are 100 miles south of UK and about 10 miles off France.

Dont know much about Isle of Man but I can recommend Channel Islands, I live in Jersey and love it.

Good luck :)

Yes I was more excited when I thought it was off the cost of France. LOL I did some googling and found the the Isle of Man location.

The offering pay is 40K POUNDS, with total of 70-80K POUNDS it is a sales job it works out to be about the same that I make here. However the taxs there are much less. I am not really doing it for the money as much as the experience.

I think it's probably doable as long as you are certain there is 40K POUNDS in flat salary, NOT by commission, and NOT in dollars. Make absolutely sure the 40K GBP salary is guaranteed, not commission-basis.

RUN if they are fly-by-nighty about this.

How comfortable are you that the job could last a year or more?

Elderly friends of mine with acctg. background used to fly there, but that was years ago.

Advisable to inquire about rental rates and terms before showing up. If you can keep the apartment rent below 30% of your guaranteed salary, should be OK. If it's 35-40% or more, watch out! :mad: (I'd say the same thing about California LOL).

Food and fuel prices are probably higher than in Europe or the U.S., because it is an island. Similar in Hawaii....

You might discuss with the employer in advance whether it's possible to bicycle-commute and avoid most gasoline expenditures altogether. Bike commuting would be a big plus and would help you use any tax deductions to your advantage, especially if you can obtain reasonable to moderate rent.

I think it's probably doable as long as you are certain there is 40K POUNDS in flat salary, NOT by commission, and NOT in dollars. Make absolutely sure the 40K GBP salary is guaranteed, not commission-basis.

RUN if they are fly-by-nighty about this.

How comfortable are you that the job could last a year or more?

Elderly friends of mine with acctg. background used to fly there, but that was years ago.

Advisable to inquire about rental rates and terms before showing up. If you can keep the apartment rent below 30% of your guaranteed salary, should be OK. If it's 35-40% or more, watch out! :mad: (I'd say the same thing about California LOL).

Food and fuel prices are probably higher than in Europe or the U.S., because it is an island. Similar in Hawaii....

You might discuss with the employer in advance whether it's possible to bicycle-commute and avoid most gasoline expenditures altogether. Bike commuting would be a big plus and would help you use any tax deductions to your advantage, especially if you can obtain reasonable to moderate rent.

Yes I live in a big city now and am used to getting around by train or street cars. I have also biked around the city as well. I have a very long list of questions for them as I go through the process this is not something I just want to jump into but it seems like a very exciting opportunity.

Sounds like you've got it covered!! Hope the opportunity is for real and works out for ya!

Yes I live in a big city now and am used to getting around by train or street cars. I have also biked around the city as well. I have a very long list of questions for them as I go through the process this is not something I just want to jump into but it seems like a very exciting opportunity.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws