over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ISSA CERTIFICATION ?????????

cobra333

Registered
HAS ANYONE TAKEN "ISSA" CERTIFICATION COURSE YET HOW IS IT .. ???????? IS THE "ACE" MORE DIFFICULT???????????

i was thinkin of takin one of those two myself i hear good things about both of them, i dont think it matters the are both real good.

It matters, I've seen the ACE package and it seems alright. I've gone through the ISSA, that shit is thorough. It's really good. Maybe somewhat difficult if you don't have alittle background on anatomy. But I think ISSA is by far the top if not in the top 2 certifications out. But this is just my opinion.

Hmm

I know ace is world known, and it is a mail order course but it looks better then an ISSA certification, and it has the continuing education requirements. My advice to you would be to see which certification is the governing body for your state. In my state the NSPA is the personal training authority for our area.

ACSM is really good and ACE is pretty well respected. ISSA certified trainers might have more of a difficult time getting a job because they offer their exams online, which I'm told doesn't hold up in court of law. More than one employer has told me this. I'm currently working on a thorough recert with ISSA, and got my original cert with IFPA, which was a joke.

They do offer alot of things online, but what do you mean it doesn't stand up in court. You can get a degree from almost all major colleges online. As far as the training from what I've gone through there training is as extensive or more so than most. Like I said I personally feel that it's close to the best, at least for me. In Michigan there is no govern body for this type of stuff cause you don't need a license of any kind. Another thing is they do offer seminars that you can go to and get your training done at instead of going online.

I received mine in 1995 and it was easier than it is now. I have completed 119 credits in Kinesiology and I find the current information through ISSA to be more detailed than ACE.

thanks guys i called the manager who hires trainers at a large gym in michigan he says he looks for ace/npsm/ issa

I also think on hands experience is important too...not only can noe be book smart, but you have to be able to use what you know...I would take 10 of experience over a sheet of paper.

ACE is pretty easy as long as you study.

IMO you will be more marketable if you have ACE certification because it is more well known by the average person. Gym owners have to cater to the average person who reads women magazines and stuff like Men's Health.

I have always wanted to start a program with the certification companies...

Go around and see how educated they are. Sit down and go through a workout and see how they handle themselves...Remember they represent their comapny and if they are terrible at what they do, they should not be able to keep their certification.

I think that is and isn't a good idea. It's good fo the people as the have competant people working with them. But it would hurt the companies as they would have to spen more time training, which actually might not be a bad thin. Hopefully they can give out personality lessons to some of these yahoo's

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear