over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

It Hasn't been a fun six months

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea about a year ago. I had poor health and high blood pressure. After using the CPAP machine all previous problems improved. I also made a quick 10-15 lbs in muscle gains within a month of better sleep. I expect that you will find the same thing too. On a side note my doc said that steroids can make sleep apnea worse by increasing the size of your tongue.

I'm glad to hear you are getting on the cpap. My dad was showing the same symptoms as you, and ignored it. Ended up landing him in the hospital for about 3 months. Sleep apnea definitely shouldn't be taken lightly.

On a side note my doc said that steroids can make sleep apnea worse by increasing the size of your tongue.

So that is my wife is lov'n me more...mmmm.... :p

I've never heard that steroids increased the size of one's tongue....but hey, who am to argue!!

Waking up 45+ times per hour x 7 hours means you have been waking up approximately 315 times per night :eek: Good g*d that is absolutely insane!!!We know you and your family are elated that your doctor discovered this condition and has you on the right path to correct it. Hopefully you will feel like a new man when your early Christmas gift arrives!!

Will you have to wear the CPAP every night for the rest of your life or will it get better over time??

Thank you Princess...yes they are happy, more my wife than anyone. She sees the impact of the sleep deprivation, and the toll it is taking. Yes...that is crazy isn't it? The thing is...you don't realize your waking that much, because you don't come out of total sleep, but are always in and out of stage one, which is sleep, but nothing towards deep sleep.

Good question on the length of use...and to be honest, i really don't know. I would think that things might get better over time... especially IF I ever stop lifting in total, which to me, would mean I'm in my grave. :p

If I have to wear it all the time, I'll be a happy camper...I've just come to the conclusion that no matter what, my sleep is to damn important to miss out on.

I hope you're well and have a great day!!

This has to be effect your results from the gym big time bro...I only sleep about 4 hours per night...5 if I am lucky...but its from the drug abuse I put my body through for awhile...plus I was never a great sleeper before that. I hope you get this all straight bro so you can really add some quality muscle in the gym...plus take care of the every day life issues...and most important just have a over all better feeling throughout the day! Keep me posted on how its working for you bro!

Thanks bro...I thought some of my issues could have been made worse from my past abuse...who knows, maybe it does. :confused:

I hope you'll be able to get into a "normal" sleep patter soon!

Stay in touch bro...maybe we can chat soon!!

I am glad that you bought this up. I have the similar problem but I dnt feel tired or sleepy during the day. I snore through the walls though lol. I try this mouthguard type but I had this fear of choking and it didnt work. My wife wears earplugs lol. After reading your side of story and others, makes me wanna go to the Dr.

I'm glad to hear you are getting on the cpap. My dad was showing the same symptoms as you, and ignored it. Ended up landing him in the hospital for about 3 months. Sleep apnea definitely shouldn't be taken lightly.

Bingo!! Exactly what I'm trying to avoid! Is he now using the CPAP?

I am glad that you bought this up. I have the similar problem but I dnt feel tired or sleepy during the day. I snore through the walls though lol. I try this mouthguard type but I had this fear of choking and it didnt work. My wife wears earplugs lol. After reading your side of story and others, makes me wanna go to the Dr.

BC....LOL...bro...that is why I'm in the guest room, and have been for months. I felt terrible that i was keeping my beloved up through the night with my snoring. She would go to bed an hour before me, just to try to get into deep sleep before I got to bed, with the hopes she wouldn't have to hear me snore.

Didn't matter...I would still wake her...and would get the nudges etc. However, that is when she noticed i would stop breathing at during the night...and freak. After a while, she realized I would catch myself and regain my breathing. So she stopped worrying so much.

When i regulated myself to the guest room, she told me about my breathing stopping and starting. Her concern was me not coming out of it to regain my breath...which kinda lead to where I am today. Just took a blood vessel to open up, to get me to the doc, to ask the questions etc.

Don't let a real issue get you to the point of "having" to check into this type of problem my friend! :)

I have sleep apnea and wish I could use my machine, but cant fall asleep with it. I have tried about 10 different mask and just cant tolerate the air and mask on my face to even fall asleep.

Bro...I'm really sorry to hear that...and I know it can be an issue for some. It is weird, and at first at the sleep lab they had me try on a few different "masks", although it only covers my nose.

They had one that I really liked, that defused the air, and wasn't a direct flow into my nose, and i couldn't really even tell there was airflow, until I would open my mouth, and then I could feel the air pressure.

In my mind, I was concerned with, how the hell am I going to breath out through my nose, if the air is blowing up into my nose. However, after a few minutes I noticed that it wasn't an issue at all, and I was able to breath normal...and for the first time in such a long time, was able to get into deep sleep.

I feel for you my friend...have you tried alternatives, such as an operation etc?

I will say that my sleep is better with the cpap but I just have a problem staying asleep but I do feel better. I know it can be hard when having to drive I used to dread going on trips because I would always get sleepy.

Yeah...I have an 8 hour round trip to make today for a business appointment. I have 4 bottles of 5-hour energy just in case it's needed.

Driving used to never be an issue...always loved driving...but now it has become a burden, because I know what I'll more than likely have to deal with.

Of course my wife is like...do you have to drive? Ahhhh...good question, do I have to have money to pay the bills? :p

You should have a sleep study done. One of the things you have going for you is you do not sound sleep deprived which on the surface implies you are not waking up enough to not get REM sleep everyone needs (which is the deep sleep). Your body will break out of an apnic episode and thats why the fear of not breathing again is probably not warranted. But when the body finally triggers respirations again it is usually in such a powerful way that you awaken and thats what causes the sleep deprivation. You need a certain amount of REM sleep each night and waking 45 times an hour probably never allows for much or any of it.

Not everyone who snores loudly has Sleep apnea, but virtually everyone who has Sleep Apnea has a history of loud snoring.

Water retention from steroids may aggrivate an already partially obstructed airway. It may cause your airway mucousa to swell further obstructing the airway.

See a sleep doc.

IPGEAR

Last edited:

I would second that you may want to get a sleep study I didn't realize bad it was at first just thought of the snoring. I will say it does take a little to get used to the cpap but it is worth it in my opinion.

Hey everyone…I just wanted to share a few things that I’ve been dealing with, and if it helps anyone else…cool…if not, that’s OK as well.

I was recently diagnosed with severe sleep apnea, which I’ve been struggling with for the last six months or so. I really didn’t think much of it, until a few months ago, when the sleep deprivation was catching up to me.

I travel a lot…and blacking out, falling asleep while driving, while creating emails, reports etc. was something I’ve never dealt with before. What was most troubling, is I was apparently getting 7-8 hours of sleep per night.

I recently had to go into the doc because of a different medical situation, and upon the doctor asking questions, he ordered a sleep study to be done ASAP.

I went in, and they attached all these pods to my head, chest, and legs. After adjusting to all the crap on me, I was able to fall asleep, and after 4 hours was awakened by the sleep tech.

She shared that I need to use a CPAP machine immediately. Once they had that hooked up to me…I immediately felt my body go into stages of relaxation that I’ve not ever felt before. Though I slept for 3 hours with the CPAP, it was the most restful sleep that I had since I could remember.

The test results came back, and showed that I am “waking” 45+ times per hour, or every 90 seconds. Not coming to full awake, but out of REM/Stage 2 or 3, into stage 1.

Therefore, I’m never getting enough sleep for any type of recovery. As soon as my body goes between stage 2 and 3, the apnea kicks in, and because of loss of oxygen, I waken myself, only to have this occur over and over throughout the night.

Of course, the fear of not waking is a fear all it’s own. Your airway collapse, and with the lack of oxygen in your lungs and blood, there is a risk of not coming out.

My blood oxygen was at 79% which is piss poor…but a host of other sleep issues as well.

I will be getting my own CPAP soon, and quite frankly, it will be like Christmas for me. I can’t tell you when the last time I woke up feeling refreshed, or my body feeling like it is fully recovered.

With the workouts I’ve been doing, I’m certain that I’ve only dug a deeper hole of over training. I am positive, once I get my machine, my body will begin to transform, and grow, like I haven’t been able to in a long time.

I would just encourage anyone, if you’re a loud snorer, always feeling tired throughout the day, headaches, falling asleep while doing the little things, or driving…irritated at the world, you don’t remember the last time you had a dream (REM Sleep)…I would ask that you strongly consider going to your doc, and talking to him about a sleep study.

Some other issues from sleep apnea are heart attacks, high blood pressure, diabetes etc. Not something you want to jack around with…the CPAP is going to be a game changer for me!

Anyway…just thought I would share my story. Fire away with any questions…if anyone has any!

Glad to hear you were able to get this diagnosed bro. My 5 yo was diagnosed with sleep apnea as well and recently had his tonsils removed and there has been a marked improvement in his sleep and energy levels so it will definitly help you out! Best of luck!

IR, Im happy you are successfully treating your sleep issue.

I have horrible snoring. I dont have the studies handy, but I have read, and 100% believe that gear has a dramatically negative impact on some people's sleeping.

Last edited:
Iron, I am glad you met the problem head-on and feel better. Did you have any problems trying to sleep with this device on your face at first?

Im glad to hear you caught it and are getting it resolved I have a few friends that have it and use the machine, they literally said it changed their lives....

Damn bro....I can't imagine how good it must feel just to know that you will finally be getting the quality sleep you have been missing for so long.

I have no doubt that Your overall quality of life will greatly improve...not to mention your training and bodybuilding goals.

i'm surprised Elvia hasn't passed comment here. He barely sleeps! I dont know how he does it? I'm a sleepy head so it's definitely opposites attract. And when he comes to bed my sleep gets disrupted because he snors so load, i wake up with a headache! I constantly wake him to tell him he sounds like a prehistoric beast! (But looks amazing)He also hits out in his sleep to. And although he doesn't even know he does it, i make sure he knows and whack him right back ha ha. I always say he's a sleep freak cause when everyone else is blissfully asleep, he is up cooking, eating and watching after hours random rubbish. I would like to not be as sleepy as i feel sometimes but i wouldn't trade sleep patterns no way! X

i'm surprised Elvia hasn't passed comment here. He barely sleeps! I dont know how he does it? I'm a sleepy head so it's definitely opposites attract. And when he comes to bed my sleep gets disrupted because he snors so load, i wake up with a headache! I constantly wake him to tell him he sounds like a prehistoric beast! (But looks amazing)He also hits out in his sleep to. And although he doesn't even know he does it, i make sure he knows and whack him right back ha ha. I always say he's a sleep freak cause when everyone else is blissfully asleep, he is up cooking, eating and watching after hours random rubbish. I would like to not be as sleepy as i feel sometimes but i wouldn't trade sleep patterns no way! X

(loud!) X

Bingo!! Exactly what I'm trying to avoid! Is he now using the CPAP?

Because he lost 80 pounds while in a coma, his sleep apnea for the most part has subsided. He hasn't been using it, because he can't sleep when he does...I've been on his back about it but there is only so much I can do.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws