over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

It Looks Like I Have Cancer

I am pleased you know more about what is going on inside your body. Hopefully more is learned after the specialized colonoscopy and it is good news. You have been incredible through this and I genuinely look up to you. I hope you had a decent xmas apart from all the crap going on. 2014 will be a great year for you and you will be back to your normal self. Good luck with everything :)

Thanks El! Christmas was good. In 2014 thinks will start to move in a more positive direction. Thanks for the support!!

Glad to hear things are finally beginning to get resolved for you Bio!! Will keep you in my prayers for a healthy and happy 2014!!

God Bless!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm glad you finally are getting somewhere as far as knowing what's going on. Doctors leaving you hanging waiting for results pisses me off to no end. Don't they understand most people are basically going insane waiting (I know I was when going through cancer/chemo).

Anyways onwards to getting back to normal health!

Things have been a little rough lately. I haven't felt to hot for some time. That along with low energy and 50 hour work weeks, has kept me out of the gym all but one day a week for the last 7 months. I'm down 20lbs.

My care was just transferred to a top university that specializes in many types of cancers. My new doctor is a surgical oncologist. I'm excited to take another step in the right direction!

Thanks again for the support!!

In the last 5 years, my wife has battled throat cancer, gum cancer, and the latest battle was with thyroid cancer. Radiation and chemo each time. She is truly the strongest person I've ever met. You're in our prayers, my brother!

Things have been a little rough lately. I haven't felt to hot for some time. That along with low energy and 50 hour work weeks, has kept me out of the gym all but one day a week for the last 7 months. I'm down 20lbs.

My care was just transferred to a top university that specializes in many types of cancers. My new doctor is a surgical oncologist. I'm excited to take another step in the right direction!

way to go BIO!!!! Sounds very promising!! I like reading and hearing your complaints about long work weeks! Keeps your mind right in a weird way I feel.

Hi Bio:

Glad to hear you are seeing more positive things coming your way this year. I wish 2014 brings only good things for you and your love ones.

I wanted to ask you, since I have a very close friend battling with Lung and Kidney cancer (after surviving breast cancer 5 years ago). Half of her right lung was removed and a few months later, Drs found another black spot on the other lung... after more tests, they found more cancer in one of her kidneys.

I've been reading a lot about the effect of certain type of ketogenic diets (75% fat - 25% protein - 5% carbs) that had some tremendous effects on patients on advance stages of cancer (also used with success with pre-diabetes, diabetic and epilepsy patients). I've seen/read some impressive testimonials of people with for example, brain and bone cancer being cured in matter of weeks... with this type of diet.

Apparently, healthy human body cells have the metabolic flexibility to change from glucose to ketones to fed themselves. However cancer cells don't have this metabolic flexibility and they starved to dead...

Anyways, though this might be of your interest, if you didn't know about it... and if you did know about it... would love to know what you think/read/heard in this regards...

Here some interesting video about the topic:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LDc5TxOcvA"]Dr. Mercola and Dr. D'Agostino on Ketogenic Diet - YouTube[/ame]

All the best,
The Rainman

Hi Bio:

Glad to hear you are seeing more positive things coming your way this year. I wish 2014 brings only good things for you and your love ones.

I wanted to ask you, since I have a very close friend battling with Lung and Kidney cancer (after surviving breast cancer 5 years ago). Half of her right lung was removed and a few months later, Drs found another black spot on the other lung... after more tests, they found more cancer in one of her kidneys.

I've been reading a lot about the effect of certain type of ketogenic diets (75% fat - 25% protein - 5% carbs) that had some tremendous effects on patients on advance stages of cancer (also used with success with pre-diabetes, diabetic and epilepsy patients). I've seen/read some impressive testimonials of people with for example, brain and bone cancer being cured in matter of weeks... with this type of diet.

Apparently, healthy human body cells have the metabolic flexibility to change from glucose to ketones to fed themselves. However cancer cells don't have this metabolic flexibility and they starved to dead...

Anyways, though this might be of your interest, if you didn't know about it... and if you did know about it... would love to know what you think/read/heard in this regards...

Here some interesting video about the topic:

Dr. Mercola and Dr. D'Agostino on Ketogenic Diet - YouTube

All the best,
The Rainman

Very good information.

How are you doing Bio?See you posting some.Hope things are going your way.

Prayers for you and Phil.

Thanks guys! I should have updated this some time ago. I had surgery on my small intestine back in mid April. The surgery went great. Part of the surgery was exploratory to see if they could find any other small tumors and they did not. They did take my gall bladder out. The medication afterward, called Sandostatin, has a tendency to cause gall stones so they remove the gall bladder proactively. So, as far as cancer goes, I'm in a good place now!

Before the cancer issue popped up. I was trying to get a long standing chronic back and neck issues resolved. While I was on medical leave for the cancer, my plan was to have back and / or neck surgery as well. My oncologists had other ideas..LOL! They told me to slow down and heal from everything cancer related. So now that I'm past all that, I'll be having a fusion in the lumbar region of my back. L4-5 for sure and most likely L5-s1...I'm going to have a discogram to determine the L5-s1. My pain management doctor sent to the most conservative spine surgeon she knew, so I know they're not cutting just to cut. I also went out on my own and got a second opinion, which wound up mirroring my doctors opinion. My doctor also had another associate in the practice access me, just to see what his opinion was, and it was the same.

My neck is extremely bad. I have issues at every level, including moderate to severe central stenosis as well as bilateral foraminal narrowing ranging from moderate to severe. All three surgeons said my neck was so bad, that the only way to really fix it is to fuse the entire thing. All three also said they wouldn't do that due to my age (45...Too young). So, they want me to wait the neck out a little longer and then they will do a C5-6 and C6-7 fusion. They're confident that will help because I had some cortisone shots at that level and it took away 90 percent of the pain...Unfortunately, it only lasted three weeks.

About six or seven weeks ago, I had to resort to using a cane. That was a first! Two weeks ago I had a cortisone shot in my SI joint on the left side. Last week I had two facet injections in my neck on the right side. Tomorrow I'm having an epidural in my low back. Since the facet injections in my neck were 80 percent effective, they're going to go ahead and do an RFA (Radio Frequency Ablation). That's where they ablate (heat up / burn) the nerve. They regenerate anywhere from 6 months to 2 years, with the average being an annual tune up.

So, it's been a tough year and a half! LOL!! But I'm just grateful to be able to get all of this taken care of. The down side is, I may lose my job this time around. My FMLA was used up when I was on leave for the cancer. I'm on leave again and my work is giving some time off...They said I am an exemplary employee and they are willing to work with me but they can't guarantee anything due to the length of time I'll be out. At least I'll be all tuned up for the next job!! Good times!!

Thanks again to everyone for the support! PM has some truly fantastic people!! :headbang: :D

I think you are a tough bastard b

Thanks guys! I should have updated this some time ago. I had surgery on my small intestine back in mid April. The surgery went great. Part of the surgery was exploratory to see if they could find any other small tumors and they did not. They did take my gall bladder out. The medication afterward, called Sandostatin, has a tendency to cause gall stones so they remove the gall bladder proactively. So, as far as cancer goes, I'm in a good place now!

Before the cancer issue popped up. I was trying to get a long standing chronic back and neck issues resolved. While I was on medical leave for the cancer, my plan was to have back and / or neck surgery as well. My oncologists had other ideas..LOL! They told me to slow down and heal from everything cancer related. So now that I'm past all that, I'll be having a fusion in the lumbar region of my back. L4-5 for sure and most likely L5-s1...I'm going to have a discogram to determine the L5-s1. My pain management doctor sent to the most conservative spine surgeon she knew, so I know they're not cutting just to cut. I also went out on my own and got a second opinion, which wound up mirroring my doctors opinion. My doctor also had another associate in the practice access me, just to see what his opinion was, and it was the same.

My neck is extremely bad. I have issues at every level, including moderate to severe central stenosis as well as bilateral foraminal narrowing ranging from moderate to severe. All three surgeons said my neck was so bad, that the only way to really fix it is to fuse the entire thing. All three also said they wouldn't do that due to my age (45...Too young). So, they want me to wait the neck out a little longer and then they will do a C5-6 and C6-7 fusion. They're confident that will help because I had some cortisone shots at that level and it took away 90 percent of the pain...Unfortunately, it only lasted three weeks.

About six or seven weeks ago, I had to resort to using a cane. That was a first! Two weeks ago I had a cortisone shot in my SI joint on the left side. Last week I had two facet injections in my neck on the right side. Tomorrow I'm having an epidural in my low back. Since the facet injections in my neck were 80 percent effective, they're going to go ahead and do an RFA (Radio Frequency Ablation). That's where they ablate (heat up / burn) the nerve. They regenerate anywhere from 6 months to 2 years, with the average being an annual tune up.

So, it's been a tough year and a half! LOL!! But I'm just grateful to be able to get all of this taken care of. The down side is, I may lose my job this time around. My FMLA was used up when I was on leave for the cancer. I'm on leave again and my work is giving some time off...They said I am an exemplary employee and they are willing to work with me but they can't guarantee anything due to the length of time I'll be out. At least I'll be all tuned up for the next job!! Good times!!

Thanks again to everyone for the support! PM has some truly fantastic people!! :headbang: :D

You are WAY TOUGHER than I am.

You are WAY TOUGHER than I am.

LOL! I don't know about that. The hard part has been learning to work out around the neck and back issues. The reality is, no matter how careful I am or how light I lift, it still exacerbates the issues. One of the other reasons it's time for surgical intervention, is because all three surgeons told me I probably shouldn't work out anymore...Not cut back, but stop all together. I told them, that this is a lifestyle not a hobby. I said, before I can even digest that, you need to step up and do what you can to help. If, down the road, you've done everything you can and I'm still having issues, then I'll have to address that reality.

Very glad you are on the path of recovery.Hope you all the best.

Glad things are looking up bro..hang in there and keep up the Awesome work!!!:headbang:

Bio,

LOL! I don't know about that. The hard part has been learning to work out around the neck and back issues. The reality is, no matter how careful I am or how light I lift, it still exacerbates the issues. One of the other reasons it's time for surgical intervention, is because all three surgeons told me I probably shouldn't work out anymore...Not cut back, but stop all together. I told them, that this is a lifestyle not a hobby. I said, before I can even digest that, you need to step up and do what you can to help. If, down the road, you've done everything you can and I'm still having issues, then I'll have to address that reality.

I have great respect for you. Heck, if I even sleep weird and get a stiff neck...I feel miserable. You are doing it regardless. Awesome man.

Bio, you hang in there and beat this shit one step and one day at a time. Keep your eye on your goal. You always do. I've had three vertebrae fused in my neck and compared to cancer, its a walk in the park. You are a very strong, optimistic man and you are going to be just fine, brother! We got your back!

Hi Bio,

I hope everything will be working out for you in the end. Life can be hard sometimes. It also takes courage to be sharing your story and problems. (some men have no problems taking on other men in hand to hand combat or combat situations, but when it comes to sharing feelings and problems, it takes another kind of courage as well.)

The only thing I want to add, and the topic is already raised in much of the posts of this thread, is that one shouldn't forget the Lord God in all of this. (as many have been praying already for your situation, as some posts indicate)

Like the parabel of the parable of the Wise and the Foolish buiders, in the Bible, there is only one Rock, and that is Jesus Christ. The rest is just sand.

To turn to dokters as well, that is for every one of us to decide, but in the end we all have to learn and trust in Jesus Christ. And because most of us want to be self-reliant, that can be very difficult as well.

Point is, that there is no problem to big for God.

There is a battle raging in the heavenlies, between the forces of good and the forces of evil. Sin and disease are evidences of the evil forces, while love and compassion are evidences of the forces of good.

We as human beings have to learn to trust the unseen good forces and turn to them, not only to trust the senses. As the spiritual world is the real, higher truth.

satan has been defeated on the cross and every knee has to bow to Jesus Christ. It's just, that by our human traditions, that we have problems believing some things, whereas, as said before, no problem is to big for God and God is good. We just have to trust His goodness and His care for us. Reach out to Him. And most of the times, that means changing some of our ways.

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views