over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

It's not about numbers but let's talk numbers

ikite103

Banned
I know it is about the look and everything is an illusion. I think Flex looked great and honestly beat Nasser at the 1998 Arnold at a much lighter weight. However there is a reason there is physique and bodybuilding divisions now.

How heavy do you need to be on stage? What is the minimum arm size you expect on a bodybuilder? How much should calves and quads measure? What is the line between physique and bodybuilding? I know it isn't clear but let us clear it up.How heavy to compete in bodybuilding at say 5'10" and how heavy to not compete in physique?

Would Frank Zane be in a physique contest today with the build that won the Olympia in 78?

Frank Zane would definetly be on the olympia stage in physique. Unsure if he would win or not.

I am 5'11 and I can not pass 180-185pounds for physique at 8-9% bodyfat. If I do, I will be "too big" to win the olympia.

Subtract 5lbs for every 1inch, or add 5lbs for every 1 inch up to 6feet. After 6feet, add +10lbs instead.

That's how much you should weigh at the maximum if you plan to win Mr.O.

Hope that helps you regarding physique questions.

I plan to compete in Physique and I'm told I'm too big. In theory when dieted down I should be around 200/205lbs at 5/6% and I'm 6' tall.

Jeremy Buendia was 172 at the Olympia at 5'8. He's like 205-210 in offseason. The physique guys are getting bigger and bigger.

You'll need to be less than 8-9% to be competitive on a national level.

Bio-hazard, you are way too big and lean. Definetly need to drop down.

Also, not sure who told you that you need to be under 8% to be competitive in physique. Your perception of bodyfat percentages must be off my friend.

Jeremy Buendia is not 5-6%. He claimed he was 3% on facebook/instagram and was burned at the stakes for the claim. People bashed him pretty hard for it...poor guy, but yeah most people have percentages waaaaaay off.Anybody that knows bodybuilding or bodyfat knows he was definetly around 8-10.

Last edited:
Bio-hazard, you are way too big and lean. Definetly need to drop down.

Also, not sure who told you that you need to be under 8% to be competitive in physique. Your perception of bodyfat percentages must be off my friend.

Jeremy Buendia is not 5-6%. He claimed he was 3% on facebook/instagram and was burned at the stakes for the claim. People bashed him pretty hard for it...poor guy, but yeah most people have percentages waaaaaay off.Anybody that knows bodybuilding or bodyfat knows he was definetly around 8-10.

Agree to disagree. Anyone saying these guys are 8-10% is delusional.

2014-mens-physique-olympia-report-victory-for-jeremy-buendia-1.jpg

It is really difficult to say they look good when you can't see their legs they could look great or they could look ridiculous but the question then is if physique is 185ish on stage then what weight is bodybuilding?

Last edited:
Yea I agree. Its def in the 5-6% range for physique. Ive dieted down to a 7.5% and I was 202lbs and wasn't lean enough for stage. My buddy is a IFBB pro Physique and he was 5.5% on stage.

I have been as lean as Jeremy several times. I guess I was 5% then...(even though I know I wasn't)

I still believe him and Sadik are 7-8%
others on stage are 9-10.

have you guys seen what 3% bodyfat looks like? do you realize that 3-4% bodyfat can only be held for literally less than <3 hours ? in some cases, only for an hour depending on person,their drug protocol, how safe they're going to be etc.

you're telling me that they are only 2% away from 3%?
come on.
to each their own.

Last edited:
^ Ill tell you what they aren't... and thats your 8-9%. Sorry bro. They are absolutely at least a 6 or 6.5% at the highest.

I agree that Jeremy and Sadik are definetly not 9%.
I said 7-8 for those 2.
Regardless, there are people on that stage that are 8-10%, see for yourself.

If you want to argue 6-6.5% versus 7% about jeremy , I don't really care. At this point, it's just ridiculous to talk about a 1% difference in opinions. Heh.

Now, it's when people say 5% that it makes me kinda raise my eyebrow.
Idk if people understand how lean 5% is.

In any case, none of this matters.
Just look in the mirror, and if you look as lean as Jeremy , you're g2g heh

Last edited:
You're killing me dude. My buddy was 5.5% when he got his IFBB pro card for physique. I was 7.5% at 202lbs and was not close to stage ready. Its somewhere in the middle. Point is you said you don't have to be under 8% to be competitive and thats completely wrong. Can you get on stage at 8/9%? Sure. Will you win? No. That simple.

I was 4.6% the day before my show and I absolutely believe all of the top 5 at the Olympia were at our below 6%.

I guess I was 5% too if that's how you calculate bodyfats bro lol.
In the end, I guess it doesn't matter if we are arguing about 1-2% differences in what we think bodyfat percentages are.
The only thing that matters is if I win, or you win heh =)

I love when people think they can tell what body fat someone is by a torso mirror selfie. My legs and arms always bring my % much lower even when carrying too much in the midsection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I was 5% too if that's how you calculate bodyfats bro lol.

In the end, I guess it doesn't matter if we are arguing about 1-2% differences in what we think bodyfat percentages are.

The only thing that matters is if I win, or you win heh =)

DEXA > your eyes, but you're final sentence is correct.

I don't think most people understand that we don't stay vertical below 3% and under 5% you don't WANT to be vertical very long.. We have a few % of fat internal that is pretty freaking important... I remember an interview that Dorian gave where he says he was around 4-5% and he kept having horrible pain in his feet... He finally figured out that he has lost the fat padding on his feet and as he was walking he was rubbing bone to skin.. Venture to say that not many of us have been there - LOL

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131