over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

It's not about numbers but let's talk numbers

Agree to disagree. Anyone saying these guys are 8-10% is delusional.

2014-mens-physique-olympia-report-victory-for-jeremy-buendia-1.jpg

They're lean. Not shredded. Over 5% for sure
I was stupid shredded. 5 or less and didn't die :)
Shelbys freak is around 5 I bet

Igor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think most people understand that we don't stay vertical below 3% and under 5% you don't WANT to be vertical very long.. We have a few % of fat internal that is pretty freaking important... I remember an interview that Dorian gave where he says he was around 4-5% and he kept having horrible pain in his feet... He finally figured out that he has lost the fat padding on his feet and as he was walking he was rubbing bone to skin.. Venture to say that not many of us have been there - LOL

Yea this.

Fyi, I think dexa isn't accurate at all.
Hydrostatic water testing is honestly the closest to being accurate.

If you post these pictures to real professionals, I don't think anybody will say 5 percent... Just saying lol

Btw,is it just me or does sadik has lipohypertrophy from insulin...?
Ummm that sucks

Yeah that looks more like 5 gj

I know as much about physique competition as I know about making straw hats as they share the same level of interest to me, but 100% those physique guys are no where near 5%. Obviously alot of people here aren't familiar with diuretics and the difference they can make when someone is 7-8%. I'm damn near where those guys are now in the offseason if I pop a dyazide. 5% is SHREDDED... it's a tremendous accomplishment and pretty freaky looking.
7-8% is still damn lean... I eat really clean and still do 30-45 minutes on a stairstepper 5 days a week to stay here... and I'm 240lbs so my metabolism is up there

Last edited:
**broken link removed**
5% and under.

That's 5% - not the two cats in the pic.. I would like to see the pic at 4.6 I believe it was.. My guess is not like this pic or like one of Shelbys freaks
Read old Dan Duchaines 'Bodyopus'
I love hearing all the guys super specific bf numbers.. As if that validates something... If someone is more shredded than you ya didn't get lean enough - period.. It's all about suffering - no magic pill or shot will get you THAT lean
I guarantee you that phat kid looked "disgusting" in person because the pics never do justice... Mean that in the most positive sense of the word phat!!! :D

Last edited:
I know as much about physique competition as I know about making straw hats as they share the same level of interest to me, but 100% those physique guys are no where near 5%. Obviously alot of people here aren't familiar with diuretics and the difference they can make when someone is 7-8%. I'm damn near where those guys are now in the offseason if I pop a dyazide. 5% is SHREDDED... it's a tremendous accomplishment and pretty freaky looking.
7-8% is still damn lean... I eat really clean and still do 30-45 minutes on a stairstepper 5 days a week to stay here... and I'm 240lbs so my metabolism is up there

Thank you....

Lol. It's astonishing to see how many people are unaware of what body fat percentages really are

Frank Zane would definetly be on the olympia stage in physique. Unsure if he would win or not.

I am 5'11 and I can not pass 180-185pounds for physique at 8-9% bodyfat. If I do, I will be "too big" to win the olympia.

Subtract 5lbs for every 1inch, or add 5lbs for every 1 inch up to 6feet. After 6feet, add +10lbs instead.

That's how much you should weigh at the maximum if you plan to win Mr.O.

Hope that helps you regarding physique questions.

There are probably plenty of people on here that would be curious to see what you look like since you never hesitate to share your thoughts/opinions and seem to be pretty knowledgeable.

I plan to compete in Physique and I'm told I'm too big. In theory when dieted down I should be around 200/205lbs at 5/6% and I'm 6' tall.

You're not too big for physique, I saw plenty of guys at the last show that were big ( your size or bigger/taller ) who looked like they fit fine in the class.

There are probably plenty of people on here that would be curious to see what you look like since you never hesitate to share your thoughts/opinions and seem to be pretty knowledgeable.

sorry buddy, can't reveal who I am online.people will instantly know who i am based on skin color/build/size/conditioning/other markers i dont want to talk about because it'll give it away. best i can do is send you pics where im covered up and face is blacked out heh

only a few people know who I am because they train/trained with me in person.

ill reveal who i am to public once I get top 1-5 in the olympia, give it about 2 years imo

Last edited:
You're not too big for physique, I saw plenty of guys at the last show that were big ( your size or bigger/taller ) who looked like they fit fine in the class.

yeah, you're right...
in a lot of amateur shows, especially east coast(for whatever reason), people seem to be bigger.
the odd/awkward thing is that people on the olympia stage are usually much smaller than the big,shredded,trenned out guys you see in amateur shows or even low-key IFBB shows.

look at last years olympia stage. everybody is "small" except sadik. he was the biggest guy and it made no sense that he got 2nd place. it was like they took an outlier that looked nothing like 1st place (Mr.Buendia) and gave him 2nd. IMO the judging made no sense....the difference between #1 vs #2 made no sense....it was done poorly.
you would think you should have 2 people that look "close" to each other in size/conditioning/etc. this simply wasn't the case.

the discrepancy between sadik and even 3rd/4th/5th/etc also was odd to say the least.

but the reality is, Mr.Olympia was 5'8 and 170-175pounds, so extrapolate from there

Last edited:
That's 5% - not the two cats in the pic.. I would like to see the pic at 4.6 I believe it was.. My guess is not like this pic or like one of Shelbys freaks

Read old Dan Duchaines 'Bodyopus'

I love hearing all the guys super specific bf numbers.. As if that validates something... If someone is more shredded than you ya didn't get lean enough - period.. It's all about suffering - no magic pill or shot will get you THAT lean

I guarantee you that phat kid looked "disgusting" in person because the pics never do justice... Mean that in the most positive sense of the word phat!!! :D

Lmao! Yes. The girlfriend said I looked disgustig. Wouldn't even look at me. And still won't look at the pics
Surprising. I felt good. People could t believe
I have some before show pics too. Crazy lean
Funny thing is. I look a them an thing. Fuck.
Next time. I want triceps zippers. I can push harder
I was pretty lazy with cardio near end. I was DONE!!

Yea this.

Fyi, I think dexa isn't accurate at all.
Hydrostatic water testing is honestly the closest to being accurate.

If you post these pictures to real professionals, I don't think anybody will say 5 percent... Just saying lol

Why do you say that?...

-Scott

Alberto Nunez had a DEXA scan done earlier this year before his show and he was measured at 6.2%. Even if they aren't the most accurate, he was still freaking shredded.

Alberto Nunez had a DEXA scan done earlier this year before his show and he was measured at 6.2%. Even if they aren't the most accurate, he was still freaking shredded.

Vegascuts / AJ sims did and it was something ridiculous like 3%, that's what I call crazy!

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner