advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IT'S OFFICIAL..AMI WILL DESTROY BODYBUILDING..

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Registered
i just got off the phone from my buddy in cali.. he is very good friends with a "ifbb man".. ami, who now own weider pubs and is run by the guy appropriately named pecker, will replace the regular schedule time and place for the ms. olympia with a "model search" contest.. they will move the ms olympia into the expo area.. the stage will be used for the "model search" contest.. the last nail is driven for womens bodybuilding into the proverbial coffin..
he also stated that pecker thinks men's bodybuilding should be more into the fitness look.. a men's fitness model on "gear".. so to speak.. if you look at the new flex, you will see statements to almost that effect.. the mark dugdale and troy alves photo session is all about what "they" feel men's bodybuilding is supposed to be about..(that is if they actuallysaid or pecker and the staff did not ghost write it).. statements like "i do not want to be any bigger than i am right now" and" i like my look at 200 pounds and do not want to ruin my health" (200 pounds? please) and haidar says in the same issue "i do not want to get any bigger than i am".. here we go guys.. but, in the same article we see dugdale stating " i do not have the genetics to get massive any ways" he also states that he feels dexter is too big now..dexter? too big? oh brother????!?!?! he is hoping those with less than stellar genes will now be rewarded..heck.. lets be fair.. lets give the slow guy play time.. i am sure the nfl would understand.. :rolleyes: train to maintain? if they do not want to get any bigger.than how "hardcore" is that? big yawn.. the same package show after show.. that is where we are headed according to the article..
the sport will be totally dismantled into a "fitness" look if pecker has his way..he knows nothing about the fans and or bodybuilding.. muscular development magazine warned this would happen a few issue ago.. and when pecker does figure out that the mainstream still does not care.. he will dump it.. the sport will be wrecked in his wake and he will move on.. i would hope that steve blechman of muscular development is thinking about taking this over.. he could do it and be successful at it.. time will tell..
hell. no one likes distended guts.. or blatent unsightly bulges from oil (if it is done right the judges will never know .. so the guy who uses it and does not know the proper procedure will be penalize.. the guy who knows who to use has a "freaky" bodypart) the problem with that new rule is that nay one who has a outstading bodypart will be penaized based only on suspicion.. no base in fact is needed.. only "opinion".. real fair :rolleyes: the problem with the distended gut issue is that many of the bodybuilders are confused as to what is expected.. lets say that branch warren shows up with extreme mass.. freaky as hell conditioning..and a great over all package. he now could be penalzied for being less than " pleasing" to the eye.. are the guys expected to drop size? no one knows.. they are confused..
now fast forward to the fact that a new pro federation is being formed out of asia.. they have contactedthe top pros and are trying to get them to switch side and go with them.. from what i was told many are going to do it. they are tired of al the b.s. associated with the ifbb.. the money is supposed to be good and the federation is putting out there own magazine.. does pecker have any idea what he is going to do to the sport?.. no.. and he does not care.. he is interested more in the "model search" than the ifbb and bodybuilding.. if he will do it to the women, he will get around to the men.. believe me..
what we are dealing with is guys at the top who will just follow the status quo and not say a word.. the editor of flex is close to 70 years old and is out of touch with the sport if you read some of his articles.. he used to praise dorian as the best thing that ever happened to the sport but, now ronnie is ruining it.. what a hypocrite.. peter needs to step down.. at musclemag international you have guys approaching 70 years old too.. johnny fitness is the editor of musclemag.. h does nothing but down grade the guys in pro bodybuilding all the time in his articles and in person.. but, if ya weigh under 200 pounds "you are the greatest thing since sliced bread" in his eyes.. bob kennedy, who ownd the mag, used to say that bertil fox was bad for the sport because he was too big.. he likes chris dickerson's look for the sport.. they would all love to see dickerson's llook come back.. yawn.. again..
markus ruhl said it best in the new flex.." the fans cheer for me , ronnie, jay ect.. that is what they want".. take that away and give it too some 5'9 and 200 pounds and watch them stop buying tickets and stop buying the magazines.. but, once again, pecker at ami does not care and no body in the ifbb or npc has the balls to say anything.. he will form bodybuilding into what he feels it should be.. he does not even workout by the way.. ronnie put it very simple.. " this is bodybuilding.. it is about mass and conditioning.. to change that you would have to change the name of bodybuilding or put in a separate category".. bodyshaping? bodyfitness? bodysymmetry? who knows.. give pecker time and he will figure it out.. :( in essence.. a male beauty contest.. with more muscle.. just slightly.. :D

Last edited:
sounds pretty gay to me.

Yep!

Very silly to try and change it to something else from the freakiness it has now. Gay model search, here they come.
LOL.

well

Maybe they can get in with MTV as well :)
That damn channel everytime I watch it seems to
be Very supportive of ******
Honestly I wont let our tv go on Mtv Nowdays, I refuse to support them.

"that is just absolutey faboulose boys "

I mean shit Weider publications act like steroids dont exist after all, its about time the guard changed in bodybuilding and some other group AMI took over,

Im gonna have to be honest with my thoughts here ,, I feel this is the greatest thing that could happen to BB ,, classic physiques were made in the gym and from God given genetics , the huge amiunt of drug use isnt part of what was found to be Body Building , I tend to think BB should be about how good one can possibly look (meaning eye pleasing) like Arnold or Serge and those who posess a certain look thats admirable worth striving for ,, what i have seen today is NOT what BB was founded upon not even close .
In pumping Iron they had a good 15 minutes on Arnold ,Frank and someone else posing in a theatre of art on platforms that spun,, many artist were there and the event surprisingly turned out extremely well ,, try that shit with todays BBs and youd find only hard core BB fans would show up which means NO money and shit turnout .
To me BB is an artform and a battle of flowing lines ,genetics and an eye pleasing physique,,, let me elaborate , WHAT SELLS??? does Markus Ruhl?? Does Ronnie?? well the answer is YES ,, But who does it sell/apply to? only people that are hard core BB fans, freak wanting fans who enjoy the big guys ,, this my friends is a dead end,, America doesnt want freaks nor do they want to become a freak ,, IT DOESNT SELL therefore sad but true it will fail.

"what people want sells "and that pretty much sums it up yall.

Last edited:
God help us all as Vander and I are about to agree. lol

My problem with bodybuilding is this:
Why is the ONLY real "quest", to add size? You never hear guys saying "I need to balance out my physique" or " I really need to work on getting my waist down and increasing my X factor" or something like that. It is ALWAYS about adding more size in the offseason. This is the exact reason and mentality that has gotten bodybuilding to the freak status that it is. Sure, there are some of us that actually enjoy this and that strive to get as big as humanly possible but that is not "bodybuilding" to me. That is called "getting as big as humanly possible".

Bodybuilding absolutely should be about muscle mass but it shouldn't be anymore important than balance, proportion, symmetry, etc.. It should all be equal so don't come at me with the argument of "Oh, I suppose the puny guy with great lines should win" because that is not at all what I am saying.

I want to see more Flex Wheelers and less Markus Ruhl type physiques. You can disagree but you would be crazy to think that the latter is good for the sport in so far as the progression into the mainstream and continuing to attract new fans. If you want to make money by running the IFBB you make it more palatable to the mainstream public and to do that, you HAVE to tone it down.

Just my opinion but I am rarely wrong.... ;)

Skip

well put...i have to add that today's competitions leave me totally indifferent. i happen to like franco columbo's physique way more then ronnie's. Some of todays bb's look like freaks, a lot of ppl find them gross. afterall its a sport not a circus. but then again bodybuilding could not have stayed the same, it like all other things had to evolve and i guess a race for mass is the only route that could be taken. it could not be just about symmetry anymore because if it was then all bodybuilders would look like arnold

Very well said Vander & Skip...The very first time i saw a picture of Serge Nubret...immediatly i said to myself...Geez I really want to look like that...Ask 100 people on the street how they want to look...show them 2 pictures...one of Ronnie and one of Serge...who do you think they will choose?

may the best BBer win

not "gay for pay" how often do NFL offensive linemen appear in the 50 most beautiful people. I agree some physiques of the past were nice, but cmon anyone can see a under 200 lbs man whoopdie freakin doo. Their in gyms everywhere. U dont even have to go to a BBing show to see them. In our society of more is better it also applies towards muscle and BBing. BBing shows are about muscle, aesthetics, proportions, and conditioning, with a pinch of freak!!! Some thinggs have gotten out of line, but if we start having metrosexual BBing shows then I quit and will indeed train to be the ugliest, grotesque physique out their. Go pick up a Playgirl if u want "model" like features.
gooey

gooey said:
not "gay for pay" how often do NFL offensive linemen appear in the 50 most beautiful people. I agree some physiques of the past were nice, but cmon anyone can see a under 200 lbs man whoopdie freakin doo. Their in gyms everywhere. U dont even have to go to a BBing show to see them. In our society of more is better it also applies towards muscle and BBing. BBing shows are about muscle, aesthetics, proportions, and conditioning, with a pinch of freak!!! Some thinggs have gotten out of line, but if we start having metrosexual BBing shows then I quit and will indeed train to be the ugliest, grotesque physique out their. Go pick up a Playgirl if u want "model" like features.
gooey

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. gooey
you know i didnt worked out all my life(ok half of it)to get where i am .am i big no way,do i want to be big yes i do.if the BBing goint that looking like a model look i am out of this game.
some guys happy for it,its fine.
i still dont know what are you doing on this board then.if you more in to modeling,open modeling o cute boys website.or drug free website.
fuck i have nothing to say anymore.

It seems as though there are enough people who feel one way or the other to support both theories. There will always be people who want to see the true freaks - the 300 lb. monsters. Then, there will be those who desire to see a show (or a magazine or whatever) that honors the more "natural" fitness look. Personally, I think anyone who appreciates beauty, dedication, hard work, and sweat can appreciate either body type!

It all comes down to personal decisions, and what people want they will find. The probably opens the door to a new model of what bodybuilding needs to be, should be, and in some respects, always has been!

imagine

I can't even imagine someone winning the O at 200lbs. Come on, These freakish standards set today is what keeps bodybuilding so exciting to watch. Most of us know that no matter how much gear we take or amout of protein,nutrients,etc... we take in, that we will never be as massive as ronnie, gunther, jay,etc.. It's true. Now this has to mean that genetics play more of a role in it than people think. Maybe geneticlly they respond better to certain things than other people do, I don't know. But I bet some people would be singing a different tune if the could get as "BIG" as Ronnie, Jay... But reality sets in, 98% of us can't.

mdr said:
I can't even imagine someone winning the O at 200lbs. Come on, These freakish standards set today is what keeps bodybuilding so exciting to watch. Most of us know that no matter how much gear we take or amout of protein,nutrients,etc... we take in, that we will never be as massive as ronnie, gunther, jay,etc.. It's true. Now this has to mean that genetics play more of a role in it than people think. Maybe geneticlly they respond better to certain things than other people do, I don't know. But I bet some people would be singing a different tune if the could get as "BIG" as Ronnie, Jay... But reality sets in, 98% of us can't.

Exactly.
And these guys that cant reach that lever or even close to that level
are going to be the ones that are all for it.
Just go to a local state show or an all natural show if this is where you think the real talent is.

Vander,
God given Talent and in the Gym, lol
everyone of them guys were on juice..god given talent my ass..They Just didnt have what it takes to get where todays top guys are.

what a crock of horse manuer who is gona go pay to watch someone win that is only 5-10 pounds heavier than they are. Boring as crap even vince mcmahn could do a better job then the pecker head pecker. Seems like the people who dont have the genetics or discipline to do what it takes will win in this situation. Blah Blah oh well it dies then eventually someone will see the market as normal people would rather smoke and drink anyway. MM

yup yup yup agree much

mdr said:

I can agree that BBing has some sort of modeling to it, but its not a pretty boy model show. I can also agree their are some physiques out their that go beyond what BBing is and they person should not be on stage (greg kovacs) I admire their determination and passion but they were not blessed with the genetics to do BBing. Just like I was not given the genentics to dunk or run a 4.2 sec 40 yard sprint. Are their health concerns with men that are 300+ lbs muscle bound in respect to drug use.. sure, but their are health concerns with 330+ lineman who are in the NFL. Tony Siragusa (SP) great defensive lineman and a huge sunuva beeatch, not pretty, never gonna be a site to look at. But thats what he is. BBing is lot like a cattle show, bring on the beef.
gooey

BEACH MUSCLES SUCK

Lemme state first off that I am a mass monster fan and this BB'ing.
No offense to anyone here this just my opinion so don't take it personal.

As Ronnie said about the challenge round..."We Still BB'ing right?"

BB'ing started out as just that bb'ing getting as big as one could. Heavy basic movements bulking on creame milk liver tabs and ya dball and other AAS even back then.....bodybuilding is destroying itself from the gorund up just because of that. Every kid on these boards is on elaborate cycles of exotic substances.They'd do the same thing if Dexter was Mr O.
Destroy BB'ing can happen 2 ways 1. Drug test. 2. Put a Zane Like Body as MR O.
I don't wanna see what I see in the gym, I wanna see the freaks.
Look at the recent NY PRO Show..lack of big names and big bodies.

I dont understand how they think they can attract more audiance with a smaller bber. People who dont go to the shows now dont like bbing in general. What makes people think they will change there minds about the sport. The general public will still think drugs no mater what the weight of the Mr O winner is.

I don't think there is anything wrong with being a "big" bodybuilder. but i don't like how its the main criteria of judging. just seems to be an over emphasis on SIZE.

Ronnie Coleman has the most size but i don't find his overal look appealing. Jay cutler to me is an example of a big bodybuilder who holds it all together. He has sharper lines, and is tighter, and looks more crisp

but ronnie wins because he has a better "lat spread" or is maybe a lil more "freaky"

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131