over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

its prolly bout time....

I liked 3 days on 1 day off when in contest prep. every once in a while might need to take off on day 3 rather than work out but the split was basic:
3 days on 1 day off:
day 1: chest, tri delt
day 2: back bi ab
day3:quad ham calves (IF I did calves)
cardio always immediately after work out for intense 7-15 min then outta there(I also did 45min walk first thing in the morning but prefer short and sweet after wk out)
I would not recommend training a body part only once a week if really trying to grow optimally (fast and consistent). It seems like working a muscle every 4-5 days is bout perfect. IF you don't do loads of volume which for me is not optimal.
another way to look at it is get as many wk outs in as you can if only on a 6 month blast for example.....
in 6 months working out 1 time per week is 24 work outs
working out every 5 days is 36 work outs
working out every 4 days is 45 work outs
it becomes a siginificant difference.

again, I don't believe in absolutes. I would never say other wk out protocols don't work. Cuz imo I think genetics determine 95% yield of any exercise regimine.
-JS

maybe u could list an example workout for 1 muscle group? no need for weights used. But what iam really want to know, how u know u do "enough".
by feel? I train exactly the same split since 3 months. I need 20-30min for weight training and 20min cardio. Make progress like never before...
But sometimes i think "was it enough?"

maybe u could list an example workout for 1 muscle group? no need for weights used. But what iam really want to know, how u know u do "enough".
by feel? I train exactly the same split since 3 months. I need 20-30min for weight training and 20min cardio. Make progress like never before...
But sometimes i think "was it enough?"

I think that's a great question. there are a couple factors that will indicate "if it was enough" stimulation. mainly:
-soreness
-recovery
-no plateaus in strength or bf%

if I am a bit sore than I like that as an indicator I trained hard (I know its not THE indicator but its good to use as a guide, if not sore at all you were a puss in the gym prolly lol)

if I am recovering right on time, not overly tired or wore out, then I think that is a marker of having enough but not too much. sometimes on my 3 on 1 off split I have to take an additional day off. that is an indicator to back off just a bit.

if strength is going up and/or I am changing in the mirror I think that's an indicator I am stimulating the body enough.

what I did for yesterday for Chest/tri/delt/calves:
chest:
slight decline dumbell press- 2 progressively heavier warm up sets then all out for 3 sets. usually decreasing the weight by about 10lbs every set. and taking each set to failure. sometimes I will use same weight but take shorter rest periods every set and that weight gets VERY heavy very fast lol
dips- 3 sets of dips to failure with "Emeric Dips" immediately when failure is reached
Tris:
slightly narrow v bar pressdowns- 1-2 progressively heavier warm up sets then all out for 2-3 sets
narrow barbell bell press- 2-3 working sets, again I either decrease weight each set and always go to failure or I will use same weight and take shorter rest periods.
delts:
seated or standing dumbbell laterals- I just kinda go nuts with em. I usually end up doing 2-3 sets of failing 3 times in each set. meaning I pick a big weight and when I hit failure I grab lighter ones and keep going til I hit failure then I immediately grab even lighter ones and go to failure again.
calves-nothing

maybe I should do more... but I have found I haven't had to :)
I like to train moderately heavy now and so I think it takes an extra set or more to really get the muscle damaged when you aren't going balls to walls heavy. I just have injuries that prevent that now. so have different strategies but still don't do much volume. I was never great at recovery so I keep volume low.
one strategy I definitely use is tactics to go BEYOND failure.
-JS

Last edited:
i never saw them talked about before, can u explain what emeric dip is? and also what r ur fav ways to go past failure? negs, forced partials, etc.?

Last edited:
Awesome thread Jonny!

1. Did you use IGF-1 LR3 regularly?
2. What do you feel are its greatest benefits?
3. How did you use it? What was your protocol?

i never saw them talked about before, can u explain what emeric dip is? and also what r ur fav ways to go past failure? negs, forced partials, etc.?

"Emeric Dips" are straight arm dips. imagine being on a dip bar and arms basically locked. and you dip up and down. its like doing a shrug but instead of pulling up you are pushing down. works the upper chest I believe (is what emeric said and they are a great stimulation) they are a LIL easier to do than a dip with the same weight. soooo, I will go to failure on dips then do emeric dips to go beyond that. AND then can still hop up on dip bar and do a slow negative even after failure you can hop up and slowly decline....

that's one of my favs is to hop up to starting position of a dip when you have reached failure and do some controlled negatives to go beyond failure even if you are alone (and for the most part I train alone)

I incorporate statics if I cant lift a weight to top position I will lift as far as I can and static is ok.... I will have a spotter help me get a weight up and I control the descent.... there are a lot of good ways. they help to get max stimulation in shorter time frame so you can go home and recover. again I was never great at recover so I like to stimulate then get out of there and rest.
I think 99% of people would benefit from the same....
-JS

i would say: emeric Dips = pec minor Dips

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IerK6jDwJN0]Pec Minor Dips - YouTube[/ame]

John Meadows like them too.

YES! that^ is what I am talking about. excellent exercise.
-JS

Wow this thread keeps getting better and better. Thanks for all the info Johnny. You train similar to someone else lol... Well the way he used to train anyway. Effective for both size AND strength.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131