over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ive been drinking MOLD

GoneForever

Banned
So I have a few pitchers that have an attached filter to them. I think made by Britta or something. All you do is pour in about 20-30oz of water in, and it goes through the filer,settles at the bottom and then you can pour from the pitcher. So today I look at the bottom of one of the pitchers and its all black. The little filter has weird black soil stuff in it and I think thats what the black deposits were, but then on the side I see a few patches of mold growing. I admit im guilty of never cleaning it. Havent cleaned it in about a year :( I just didnt think you needed to. So for at least 4-6months i've been drinking mold. Weird b/c I havent gotten sick or stomach aches or anything.

Well bro youre supposed to change the filters monthly

It's probably just charcoal from the filter. Get a new filter and wash the container.

PB

You don't have anything to worry about. Ordinary mold can't stand up to our stomach acids. The only time you really have a problem is when you get a person that is very allergic, and they inhale a more serious species, such as Stachybotrys or penecillium niger. Just clean it out with soap and water more often for no problems.

just look at it this way.... you gave your immune system a little workout! :p

Hmmmmmm I wish I could just run the filter throught the dishwasher :) I may just get that thing that clamps on the sink.

Im pretty sure those filters use charcoal like someoen else said....so it might just be that

Not sure how long you've kept the same filter in the jug but besides changing it monthly and cleaning the pitcher...Try decreasing the temp. of your Fridge if you can...Mine is so cold that almost nothing can grow...It's close to 32 F.
Sometimes my Britta can't even poor unless I physically open the hatch due to a slight layer of ice. It may cost a little more in energy but not much if you keep your Fridge closed and know what you need and where it is when you open it.

Not sure how long you've kept the same filter in the jug but besides changing it monthly and cleaning the pitcher...Try decreasing the temp. of your Fridge if you can...Mine is so cold that almost nothing can grow...It's close to 32 F.
Sometimes my Britta can't even poor unless I physically open the hatch due to a slight layer of ice. It may cost a little more in energy but not much if you keep your Fridge closed and know what you need and where it is when you open it.

Good idea. I just gotta get some new filters. Didnt know you need them every freaking month though

I get that little suprise when I go too long without taking apart my Sonicare toothbrush.:eek: After a couple weeks, looks like a lab experiment.

One the plus side, a little crumbled mold on a salad can be quite nice.

Pwood

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1