over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Jay Cutler-Then and Now

I always liked Jay! He still looks pretty damn good!

Jay still trains exactly the way he did when he competed.. Same movements.. Same cadence.. Same intensity... The difference the the amount of Ped and maybe the amount of meals..

Jay came out of his shell after he stopped competing

He was like the Terminator during his competitive years lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The difference the the amount of Ped and maybe the amount of meals..

...and thats how you transition to health and wellness. Jay's one of the smart ones as is Dorian. These guys knew when to stop, put down the syringe and fork and think long term.

Jay came out of his shell after he stopped competing

He was like the Terminator during his competitive years lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Agreed. When we started seeing all these guys in videos in the late '90s and then all over YouTube in the 2000's people always talked about how flat and monotone his personality was. I think it was just extreme tunnel vision. His mind was constantly on his goal. He said he used to hang up on people if they called him on the phone with their problems. That's not cool at all.

I don't think anyone was as committed to eating as he was. I saw one video where he was getting fitted for a suit and he pulled out Tupperware and started eating. His tailor then said something like "So, is this your sixteenth meal today?"

Nowadays he's more laid back and you can see he has a dry sense of humour. Decent storyteller too. When he told Ron Harris about the first time he saw Lee Priest, or the story of when Coleman flew first class in purple tights; it made me laugh. I'd love to hear more stuff like that.

Still looking real good. I must admit during his competition years I was never a huge fan but after he hung it up he seems much more....human I guess.

I've always felt that his abs held him back.

...and thats how you transition to health and wellness. Jay's one of the smart ones as is Dorian. These guys knew when to stop, put down the syringe and fork and think long term.

True... But I guarantee he is still using.. Not in the large amounts as before.. But I doubt it's just HRT lol.. But nonetheless HES healthier for it...

Meanwhile somewhere in Texas.. :(

Now that he is done competing I am a much bigger fan of his and think he is a good ambassador of the sport.

I agree with the earlier comments about him having tunnel vision back when he was competing though. I remember him guest posing at one of the first shows I was ever in and while not exactly rude, he wasn't exactly personable either. Kind of skewed how I saw him for a long time; first impressions and all.

Now that he is done competing I am a much bigger fan of his and think he is a good ambassador of the sport.

I agree with the earlier comments about him having tunnel vision back when he was competing though. I remember him guest posing at one of the first shows I was ever in and while not exactly rude, he wasn't exactly personable either. Kind of skewed how I saw him for a long time; first impressions and all.

I met him at the Arnold back around 2006 or so and he was really nice. We took a picture together and had a laugh or too. Nice then and the picture was free.

Had my picture with Ronnie and had to pay for that, but he was Mr. Olympia at the time. He wasn't particularly friendly but just looked really tired and like he didn't really want to be there. I actually felt sorry for him.

First time I met Jay I asked him to do a double bicep for me and he did and said "do you approve". Haha. I was nervous as hell and shook my head and ran away. I remember a gym friend saying he was hanging with him back stage and that Jay talked of cycles and such with the guys.

I was there in '06 and got a signed Muscletech shirt from Jay. I asked Ronnie to sign my shirt and he wouldn't do it. While Jay was signing mine, I said..."Ronnie said he couldn't sign my shirt". Jay replied, while signing the shirt (dry monotone voice) "see, it ain't that hard". When my wife was taking our picture, I said "at least I'm taller than him" and Jay just said "I'm always the short guy". In the same monotone voice it sounded kinda sad, like I insulted him. Now I know he was just fuckin' with me.

I met him at the Arnold back around 2006 or so and he was really nice. We took a picture together and had a laugh or too. Nice then and the picture was free.

Had my picture with Ronnie and had to pay for that, but he was Mr. Olympia at the time. He wasn't particularly friendly but just looked really tired and like he didn't really want to be there. I actually felt sorry for him.

I was there in '06 and got a signed Muscletech shirt from Jay. I asked Ronnie to sign my shirt and he wouldn't do it. While Jay was signing mine, I said..."Ronnie said he couldn't sign my shirt". Jay replied, while signing the shirt (dry monotone voice) "see, it ain't that hard". When my wife was taking our picture, I said "at least I'm taller than him" and Jay just said "I'm always the short guy". In the same monotone voice it sounded kinda sad, like I insulted him. Now I know he was just fuckin' with me.

Ronnie might have been in some kind of contract with a sponsor that forbade him from giving autographs for free or maybe he just figured that if he did yours then everyone else would want theirs free too.

When I had my picture with him he signed a picture for me or maybe it was his DVD that I bought. I cant remember.

I also paid Lou Ferrigno for a picture and autograph as well. I had my buddy snap a picture of the two of us in an arm wrestling pose. He was a nice guy to me. I don't blame him for charging, he need to make a living too. It was important to me to have something from him since I grew up as a kid in the 70s watching him on tv play the Hulk.

I met Larry Scott there too and got my picture with him for free. He was really down to earth!

Lol, I was surprised Jay was that short and said pretty much the same thing and his response was the same, lol. I felt like a total dickhead about that, but I guess your post makes me feel better.

Jay is doing what he needs to do to remain an ambassador to the sport without taxing his body. Hes in a place in his life where he does NOT have to compromise health and longevity in order to achieve what he wants.
Heep in mind folks, the competitive bodybuilding lifestyle is strenuous, physically and mentally.
Like has been said, you have to know when to get in and get out.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear