Big A

IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Registered
Newbies
This is a bit off topic and not. All of us as bodybuilders come accross people that are jealous of us. That jealousy may present itself in many ways. I am sure that all of you know what I mean as it would have happened to you.

Anyway, since both my girl and I own Lotus Esprits, we frequent an Esprit board. We found this posted today. It shows how petty some people can be when they might feel 'inferior' in their own minds. This guy that posted has to deal with his bosses jealousy because he owns an Esprit, just like a lot of us had to put up with similar situations because of our builds. Some people try everything to use their perceived sense of 'power' to bellitle others, just because that person can have a nicer car, more money, is bigger, more ripped, etc than them. I always find people's insecurities amazing and the fact that some can only feel better about themselves by putting others down.

Anyway, here's the post:

Date: Tue Sep 3, 2002 9:25 am
Subject: What would you do???

Okay, lets talk hypothetically for a moment... Since we don't know
who all reads this list but I would like to get the input of other
Esprit owners...

Lets say I have this friend who owns a beautiful yellow V8 Esprit.
Probably the thing that he takes the most pride and joy in owning.
After all, it is his dream car and there is nothing else that can
replace his love for his Esprit (even when she gets
tempermental...). He has other cars... A Beamer & an Infinity but
the Esprit is his ultimate goal reached when speaking of a car.

To be extremely frank, he is a very level headed and a honest
person. Especially when speaking to those that has known him for the
last 8+ years in his office... They will say that he is tough and
demanding but very fair... He has to be this way, after all he is in
management and there is only one other person that out ranks him in
the entire office.

So here is his dilema... He gets called into his boss' office (that
"one" person). Out of the blue, his boss tells him that he will deny
it if anyone asks him but he has something to tell my friend. His
boss tells him that his Esprit is an "arrogant" car so he needs to
leave the car at home and not drive it to work anymore. I thought
this was funny since my friends boss drives a brand new Mercedes.

When my friend asked for specific examples(inquring about who?), his
boss had none to offer and could not answer him. There are other
people in my friends work place that own's Porsche, Lexus, BMW,
Infinity, and etc... Of which none of these people are in
management. But my friend for pain stakingly earning his money and
making sacrafices (having no personal life & married to his work
putting in 80+ hours a week), is now being told by his (2 years with
the office, Mercedes driving) boss to leave his Esprit at home.

So my question for my friend this forum of other Esprit owners is...
What should my friend do about this situation (if anything at
all)...? Due to the political BS involved, he has decided not to
drive his Esprit to work anymore... My friends thought is why rock
the boat in a tempermenatal market place while the economy is down...

Regards,
Toptr1
'98 V8

What are your opinions on this?

*L* thats some funny shit. some people will resort to some really dumb shit just to feel more powerfull about themselfs. funny!
good luck and be safe...

bigger....

I'd hand him a spoon and tell him to eat my ass.....but I would deny having said that if the boss repeated it.

Honestly I would still drive my car and tell my boss to file a formal complaint with my lawyer because I sense a discrimination suit brewing...then again I'm a bastard...because being a bastard works.:D

ST

damn big a, now im jealous of you. i mean come on, before you were huge and ripped and a pro ifbb, now you have to rub in our faces that you AND your girlfriend own a lotus, how arrognat..hehe

no seriously, good luck on your financial success, i hope someday when i get out of school i can be huge ripped and have a bad ass car, for some reason that just seems like a dream world, maybe thats becasue it is, but hey i guess it can happen. congratulations you bastard!!! hehe

Take care,

Todd

I think the guy should drive the car anyway. Damn, next thing you know, his boss won't like his clothes, hair, etc. The boss was obviously out of line, because he had to preface his statement with the admonition that he would deny making the request if the guy said anything.

Got Juice said:
damn big a, now im jealous of you. i mean come on, before you were huge and ripped and a pro ifbb, now you have to rub in our faces that you AND your girlfriend own a lotus, how arrognat..hehe

no seriously, good luck on your financial success, i hope someday when i get out of school i can be huge ripped and have a bad ass car, for some reason that just seems like a dream world, maybe thats becasue it is, but hey i guess it can happen. congratulations you bastard!!! hehe

Take care,

Todd

I try not to rub it in people's faces or even mention most things that I have achieved as some people get uncomfortable. Happens all the time.
Regarding the dreams thing. When I was 20 I was living off food vouchers from charities 'cause I couldn't even afford food. Then I said enough is enough and I gave my goals of being a millionare by the time I was 25 and a billionare (in all seriousness) by the time I was 35. I am 28 now and I am exactly where I am supposed to be in my plan. Yes, I took a lot of falls, but I got back up and went at it again. It's all about not giving up, just like in bodybuilding.
Over the years I lost EVERYTHING twice which included 5 houses and LOTS of $. So what, the mistakes helped me learn more so I can make more $ in the future. Always stick to your plan and your goals no matter how outrageous they might be and no matter how many people might laugh at you. The ones that are laughing at you are the ones that are too scared to do anything about their lives and they use the laughing to cover up that fact.

End of motivational speech - that will be 50 bucks ;)

goddamn

Big A said:

I try not to rub it in people's faces or even mention most things that I have achieved as some people get uncomfortable. Happens all the time.
Regarding the dreams thing. When I was 20 I was living off food vouchers from charities 'cause I couldn't even afford food. Then I said enough is enough and I gave my goals of being a millionare by the time I was 25 and a billionare (in all seriousness) by the time I was 35. I am 28 now and I am exactly where I am supposed to be in my plan. Yes, I took a lot of falls, but I got back up and went at it again. It's all about not giving up, just like in bodybuilding.
Over the years I lost EVERYTHING twice which included 5 houses and LOTS of $. So what, the mistakes helped me learn more so I can make more $ in the future. Always stick to your plan and your goals no matter how outrageous they might be and no matter how many people might laugh at you. The ones that are laughing at you are the ones that are too scared to do anything about their lives and they use the laughing to cover up that fact.

End of motivational speech - that will be 50 bucks ;)

I have to say i now owe you 50 bucks hehe.

When I was 22, I had my own business, my own house, a nice car, met me a beautiful girl, we have a beautiful little baby, shit I was finally out of the inner city and thought I was fuckin on top of the world.

At 24 i was bankrupt, lost my house, my car, and I had to move me, my fiance and lil girl back to my parents house, and all this BS basically happened a few months before my 25th b-day, after my b-day, I became incredibly depressed and just wanting to blow my head off. Then I got another job, made alright money, 9 months later, out of work again hehehe.

Through it all, I always told my cousins that before I'm 30, I'm going to be worth at least 1 million bucks, I get laughed at, reminded of my failed business, and reminded that i had to go back to living at my mom's house for several months, but ya know what? Fuck em, because I know for a fact, I'll be at the top again, I don't care how hard I have to bust balls, or what BS job I need to have to pay my bills now, but I am working on another business, and I turn 27 in March, gives me three more yrs to make that million =).

Never stop dreaming, because when you do, thats when you settle for less.

JW

Hmm

Im a youngen 23 year old but here is my story, or what is happening in my life. I just graduated from the University of Maryland with a degree in Computer Science. I have managed to raise 25,000$ cash all while managing a 3.0 or better GPA. My brother did the same so we had 50,000$. My dad just sold his old house and cut us a check and we are opening our first healthclub, in jan/feb or august, as soon as we finalize the lease, timing is a big issue. It is an upscale club, No one of us would want to lift there. I live in the 8th richest county in the US, lots of rich fat people, and no gym for 15 miles. I think it is 150,000 people in a 5 mile radius average income over 80,000. SO it looks like a winner. Im also finshing the devolpment of a night club business plan that im going to shop around soon. Like BIG A and the rest of you guys I want to be rich young, and enjoy it. Sure my dad has a porsche, and a big house but he is 50. Im chasing this dream, once I open my club I would love for any of you to drop in and Check it out, it will be one of the nicest looking clubs you will see. I mean hell Im spending close to 40$ per square foot on my buildout.

Re: goddamn

JustWannaBeHuge said:

Never stop dreaming, because when you do, thats when you settle for less.

JW

Agreed 100%.

First time I lost everything was '97 - '98. I was making $20k/week profit. But most of my business was in Asia and the Asian crisis happened and wiped out all my asian clients. Still had a couple of clients in europe. But at that time, the warfies went on strike, and all the raw ingredients for manufacturing products were stuck on the warves for a LONG time. Lost my EU clients too. At the same time I had a smaller business that was sub contracting from a HUGE company. That big company had restructuring - lost my contract. All $ dissapeared VERY quickly. Lost my first house that way.
March '99 - my 25th birthday present to myself was my first Esprit :) The one I have now is my 4th one since. Also had a Ferarri in between as well as TT Supra (Fast & Furious).
End of '99, I got shafted by a small (10%) partner in one of my main companies. Lost it all - 4 houses, $300k worth of cars, over $1mil in cash, my 7 companies (100 staff were out of work). All because of a scumbag.
Anyway, now, 3 years later I am bigger and better than ever. I am just about to list publically my first company. I also have a chain of fashion shops accross the country (expanding internationally soon). I am pursuing a bank licence, which hopefully will be ready by end of '05. This last one you guys might be interested in - it will be in an off shore haven. 100% guaranteed privacy structure so no person/goverment will have access to any of the banks customers details. $ accessible through any VISA/Mastercard outlet and cheques accross the whole world. Most people are sick of Big Brother watching every penny they make and having it taxed so much, so I think given the oportunity of a bank like mine, there will be a lot of people interested. And you all can call me 'Big Banker A' :D

Anyway, JWH - let them laugh all they want. At least you have the guts to go for it. So you failed once - so what?? You learn more from a mistake than from a success. I bet you all these cousins are the ones that will suck up to you and ask you for money when you'll be rich. I had to deal with shit like that all my life. People calling me a dreamer, head in the clouds, etc. When I do well they don't say a peep. When I fail, they say 'Told you so'. Like they wait for me to fail. And this is from people that work 40 hours a week for $328, are in their 30's, constatly bitch about how shitty their jobs are but they never do anything about it. And when I offered them oportunities, they were always too scared to do take them 'in case it doesn't work out'! Well, that's the chance you take, idiot!

Re: Re: goddamn

Big A said:

I bet you all these cousins are the ones that will suck up to you and ask you for money when you'll be rich.

You're right on that, when I was going good, I would hear their BS, them calling all the f**king time asking this and that favor, but as soon as I start running into problems, for some strange reason whenever I called them, their answering machine would be on and I would never get a call back, during that time, I really learned who my true friends in the family were, and who was fill of shit. but thats ok, let them work at toys 'r us stocking shelves when they're in the late 40's and the other BS, none paying jobs they have, it's all good. =)

JW

Some interesting stories guys - especially you, BigA. Damn you have been thru a lot to just be, what? - about 28 or so? I'm a lawyer, also have an MBA. Had my ups and downs also. Was making a shitpot of money in my 20's and had a (now-ex) wife who basically developed some severe mental problems - "latent schizophrenia" the docs told me. We had a 3 year old little boy, and she started trying real seriously to kill herself. She would escape from the psychiatric hospital (which was costing me several $K a week OVER the insurance) and hole up in a motel room somewhere and take a load of sleeping pills, etc. Then call me to "tell me and our son goodbye". I actually kicked in three different motel room doors going thru that bullshit with her. The thing was she took enough stuff to kill her cold each time if I didn't find her in time. All three of these times after I found her I waited with her in intensive care while the docs told me she might not make it. Also several other not quite so serious suicide attempts. And of course she blamed all her problems on me and she was so damn convencing I halfway started believing her. So I tried to solve all my problems by diving down the neck of a whiskey bottle, which as you can imagine didn't work. I ended up going down the tubes myself, and almost lost my law license. Took a number of years but got myself back together (including sober now over 20 years) - got into a business a few years back and made a ton of $ for two years then the economy slump hit and it went under. Now back in law and actually doing amazingly well. Of course I'm in my 50's. Hope you guys have all your ups and downs (at least the downs) behind you and its all uphill from here. I think the guys like us who are into BBing tend to be the more "entrepreneural" and adventureous types. And one thing like several of you said you sure find out who your real friends are! But hell, I'd rather live like I do than be a hamster running in my corporate cage for 40 or so years and then get a gold watch! Sorry this was so long but your stories really rang a bell with me!

dam big-A your verry intresting indeed great story for lack of a better word it sure is nice to look deeper than just bbers posts im surprised that you have the time to even post never mind keep up with 2 boards but with the guts it takes to be a pro these days you have the forge ahead mindset i know in the end youl always do well and to the rest of the bros it was a great read im glad to hear you bros dont let nothing keep you down take care bros oh yea wish ya luck on the bank and hope you bring your line to the u.s by the way do you have a web site for your line now?

Last edited:
Simple:

Those who can....do

Those who can't.......player hate on those who can and do.

preist943 said:
im surprised that you have the time to even post never mind keep up with 2 boards

hope you bring your line to the u.s by the way do you have a web site for your line now?

Well, I am on here when I am on the computer supposed to be doing work :D

I don't have a website for the shops yet as most people here in Aust are not too into the net yet. Even in the US is like only 1/3 of households have internet? Once it goes internationally it will have a website, but that is down the track, and yes, definetelly will bring it to the US too.

thats great bro ill be looking forward to it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn Big A, you are one hell of an inspiration.

I guess you just have to come up with an idea and go with it huh? i just dont see how you even get started with your ideas, and then actually implement them and make them work. its amazing and almost seems impossible, but as you have proven it is possible.

im 20 years old, graduating from a tech school this week, all i have is time on my hands, now i gotta get off my ass and come up with some money making ideas.

Take care, and where do i send the 50$ too?hehe

Ill have to check out some of your shops sometime because I have been wanting to take a vacation to aust in the near future.

Take care,

Todd

Hard Working

When I see someone like you in your Lotus I look up to you guys. I know you have worked hard to get it becuase I know guys that have it and I watched them work their tales off. Hey, it's a gift to yourself. Too many people think way to much about too many other people.

Next big venture I sure wouldn't mind jumping aboard. I know you have a good head on your shoulders and wouldn't mind following your lead.

will have to give drag bro got my supra to :) or i'll just sprint against your Lotus LOL

borrow the model up from your bosses mercedes and drive that to work for week see how inferior the boss feels. At least he will probably tell the real objection to the esprit.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131