over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Jean Pierre Fux crushed..............

steelcage

Newbies
for all of you interesting in seeing what 675lbs can do to you if it gets the best of you.. check out the new issue of flex. the pictures are in it of fux being crushed by this 675lb squat. Chris lund happened to be photographing it while it happened.
ps not for the faint of heart!

Jean Pierre Fux

Ive heard that as of about a month ago maybe a bit more, he was walking with the aid of a walker. Talk about a terrible accident. This type of accident just goes to show you that no matter how long you have lifted, or how strong you are, we are always laying our health on the line when we get under great amounts of weight. I wish Jean Pierre Fux the best and a speedy recovery.

P.S. If the info on the walker is incorrect I appologize as it is 2nd hand info.

Mako

Frame by frame pictures of the tragic lif/injury are in the new Flex magazine!! They were not going to show them but JP Fux wanted them to be public. I'll bet Flex is happy-its like watching a train wreck-you dont want to see it-but cant stop looking! People will buy the mag to see it!
:eek:

Knock on wood man!

Hope that never happens to any of us.

He did not have the crash bars either, if he used them it would have saved him.

The bad part is the spotters did nothing to help!! I know these things happen quick, but they are supposed to be alert and ready for these types of accidents.

Well they were shooting pics of him for a mag, so I bet they were not really spotting him, I bet Chris did not want them in the picture.

It is explained how the weight dropped him like a lead baloon-he just folded up for some inexplicable reason. Supposedly this weight was not a problem for him. Cant always blame the spotters-but its funny (in a sick way) to look at the picture and say - GOOD SPOT!!! :eek:

I got the new flex last night! *DAMN* that looks nasty. but on the positive side, he's lucky it wasen't worse than it was. shit could have gotten real bad in a hurry with that kind of weight.
good luck and be safe....

bigger....

Would it have been to" ego-damaging" to have placed the safety bars in the power-rack just in case something happened

bloded said:
Would it have been to" ego-damaging" to have placed the safety bars in the power-rack just in case something happened

Hell I never use those safety racks either.
But Im not using any more than 400-500lbs.
Still 'heavy' is an individual thing-those racks would have saved him-at least lessened the severity of the injuries.

oh man I saw that!

I sometimes move big weight..not 675 though, but he is a lucky man..it could have been worse..looks worse than it is though..but still hope he has a full and quick recovery. should make us all stay focused while moving bigtime weight

Safety bars...

Hmmm Unless your in a smith machine.. I think the safety bars should be there at all times.. To me that isnt smart lifting at all. They are there even at my warm up sets. Going balls to the walls in the gym is all good.. but being safe is a hell of alot better. You can be safe and still go balls to the walls. Hell I went down on just deadlifting 225 got a pulled muscle in my butt and it twanged my sciatic nerve like a guitar string. I didnt stretch out.. and I learned safety first. Rather have a future at my gym of good lifting and growing than months out of the gym,, because I didnt take precautions..

Pulled a muscle in your butt? Bet that chilled the social life a little, huh? LOL kidding, buddy!!!
John, Taz I have the mag if you guys want me to bring it into the gym.

Just got my copy. Damn, that looked like it hurt. I was away for a while and I had the July issue in the box and when this thread was brought up, I was like WTF??!?!? However, my trusty, yet slow as hell mail arrived today with the new Flex and Fux getting crushed.

It still doesn't compare to watching the guy with the Powerhouse shirt, doo rag, and the Otomix shoes fall off of the treadmill...

---slide---:D

when doing shoulder presses and incline bench I use the power rack and those safety bars have saved me a few times , I never use the smith machine because the one in my gym has hooks that have to be turned so much it puts so much stress on the wrist of course my gym looks like a fitness museum but it is the closest you could get to Yates Temple Gym ..not to mention the stories the guys tell that run the place , Lee Haney actually worked out at this gym and he was really good friends of these guys..very cool vibe in the place after you get over the "old" smell

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear