over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Job Offer!

I sold Kirby's door to door for 3 years. Shortly after that, I sold steaks door to door for about a month (a word to the wise; NEVER buy steaks from a door to door guy!). The income potential in cold calling is huge. It's the simplest thing in the world. It's a numbers game. If you hit 100 doors a day, then sales will take care of themselves. Here is the hard part:

1) soliciting door to door (at least in illinois and missori) is illegal. i got the cops called on me several time a week. sometimes 2-3x a day. we would say "we aren't selling anything officer, we're just taking surveys!" and then hope they would buy it.

2) out of 100 doors, maybe 30 would talk to me. in that 30, maybe 20 would let me finish my pitch. in that 20, i'd close 8 or 9 of them. in that 8 or 9, 4-5 would cancel. in that 4-5, 2-3 would not be approved because of credit. so, i'd be left with 1-2 sales a day. and that is if you are good. i was good.

3) nobody likes salesmen. especially door to door. i've been shot at with bb guns, bottle rockets shot at me, attacked by dogs you name it.

That's why "everybody" doesn't do it. It takes tons of reisiliance.

I sold Kirby's door to door for 3 years. Shortly after that, I sold steaks door to door for about a month (a word to the wise; NEVER buy steaks from a door to door guy!). The income potential in cold calling is huge. It's the simplest thing in the world. It's a numbers game. If you hit 100 doors a day, then sales will take care of themselves. Here is the hard part:

1) soliciting door to door (at least in illinois and missori) is illegal. i got the cops called on me several time a week. sometimes 2-3x a day. we would say "we aren't selling anything officer, we're just taking surveys!" and then hope they would buy it.

2) out of 100 doors, maybe 30 would talk to me. in that 30, maybe 20 would let me finish my pitch. in that 20, i'd close 8 or 9 of them. in that 8 or 9, 4-5 would cancel. in that 4-5, 2-3 would not be approved because of credit. so, i'd be left with 1-2 sales a day. and that is if you are good. i was good.

3) nobody likes salesmen. especially door to door. i've been shot at with bb guns, bottle rockets shot at me, attacked by dogs you name it.

That's why "everybody" doesn't do it. It takes tons of reisiliance.

Tell everybody how much time and energy you have left for the gym after 100 doors.. Living the life? Come on

Tell everybody how much time and energy you have left for the gym after 100 doors.. Living the life? Come on

Absolutely. I didn't even get into that. My day was 9 to 9 5 days a week. On saturdays we'd "cut out early" at around 7pm. No time left for anything. social, gym, or otherwise.

Jrs

Man dude you must of gotten screwed with bad. You seem bitter as hell, it's just an offer bud, I'm not trying to force this on anyone, hell I've even offered some of the people who can't travel to call my competitors and see who may be working near them. And comparing a $2000 plus kirby vacuum to a home improvement that cost next to nothing is ridiculous.

Ness

Hey bud, I left you a message and PM'd give me a call so we can coordinate schedules.

Man dude you must of gotten screwed with bad. You seem bitter as hell, it's just an offer bud, I'm not trying to force this on anyone, hell I've even offered some of the people who can't travel to call my competitors and see who may be working near them. And comparing a $2000 plus kirby vacuum to a home improvement that cost next to nothing is ridiculous.

only bitter because

1) you are new here, and have no trust established w anybody
2) you flat out lie and exaggerate, as well as making false promises
3) i don't like watching people get taken advantage of

well my point was that the long hours, high cancelation rate, and constant rejection is the nature of the beast....that beast being door to door sales. and, it really doesn't matter waht you are selling, or how much it is. it can be a "free" home inspection, a "free" carpet shampoo, a $2000 vacum, or a "free" foot massage. you are going to encounter a daily shit storm. you just need to brush it off. you have to take a "damn the torpedos" attitude. same way with a precontest training and diet regimen. if you can hack it the payoff is huge.

i used to recruit for kirby. the turnover rate in door to door sales is ridonkulous. it's my informed opinion that vat isn't running a scam. i believe that he is offering a perfectly legal job. the only thing that i believe he is guilty of, is over selling.

I sold steak "door to door". That was tough, because nobody NEEDS a $169.00 box of steaks. Their is some real selling involved here.

I also sold cable TV "door to door". I could see outside the cable was on, and knock on the door and see the kids watching Nickelodeon. From there it was just a matter of saying " sign these papers or no more soup for you":D

I think this job is like selling cable TV. The guy doesn't have no roof, and you are the one rationing out the roof jobs.

I don't think the job requires much selling. Just a clear spoken dude, not afraid to knock on doors from 5pm to 9pm. Just tell them what it will cost, and shut the hell up. They say yes or no. I actually think non-salesman would be better at it, because once people get a hint of a salesman they get suspicious.

That is probably why this guy is looking for new people. Also seasoned sub-contractors get apathetic and spoiled. "I only made $1500 dollars today":mad:

I don't know "Vat Mahoney". Be cautious guys, and ask alot of questions. And keep accurate records so you can call the customers later if you have problems with your pay.

Check out....

http://magazine.angieslist.com/Arti...indianapolis-best-worst-contractors-2008.aspx

He said his name is Rod...

Windows Direct Midwest Inc.
Indianapolis

When Darlene Hoff of Fortville hired Window Direct Midwest in October 2007 to replace 19 windows and gave them a $1,972 deposit, she felt confident they'd do a good job, even after they failed to show for installation appointments. "They kept giving me excuses they were behind due to weather," Hoff says. "I totally felt they were reliable up until last January." That's when she says Window Direct stopped answering its phones. Three Angie's List members gave them "D" or "F" ratings in the last 14 months, including Hoff's report that led to the company's entry into the Penalty Box.

In May, the Indiana Attorney General filed a civil suit seeking consumer resititution from Windows Direct after receiving 33 complaints. Each complaint is nearly identical: Windows Direct Midwest accepted down payments but never delivered windows. In all, the attorney general reports the down payments add up to nearly $40,000. "We highly encourage consumers to file complaints so we're aware of any fraud or deception," says attorney general spokesperson Natalie Robinson. "When appropriate, we can investigate and seek restitution."

At press time, Windows Direct Midwest owner Rod Hardesty hadn't responded to a court summons and couldn't be reached for comment.

Never sold windows sorry

That's not me, you might as well say I am the famous bull rider while your at it. (Same name so it must be me) I have owned my company for 9 years and have never worked in or lived in Indiana.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear