over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

jobs/careers

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I recently got my master's and noticed it has opened up alot of doors in my job search. I was offered a few jobs I interviewed for and picked one after weighing all factors, but im worried I may have picked the wrong one.

My question, I know we have alot of guys here in different fields, some of you own businesses, hire and fire. Say I hate this new job and look for another one in 4 months. Does it look bad you were only with a company for few months? How do you explain that in a new interview? Do you even put that on your resume? Anyone be in this situation and feel like someone didn't hire you because they were suspicious about too many jobs, or too short tenure? I have been with my current com0any 7 years (before taking this job I start soon) so I guess it won't look too bad? I can just say it wasn't what I expected, or this new opportunitiy (the job id interview for) I couldn't pass up?

I've worked a research job in the past for 5 months (role eliminated), and still put it down on my resume and talk about it openly if i interview

If possible; I would probably stick it out for a total of 6 months-1 year before hopping. If you're cool with your bosses, you can put them down as a reference.

If you change jobs now: find something else, get the interview and get another offer. Then you can delete this one off your resume if the experience isn't meaningful.

Employers are pretty aware of how the system is nowadays; most people lateral up in salaries and positions by moving companies usually. You'll most likely be fine since you have a solid 7 years of track record at one company

Ask your future employer as many questions about the role as they ask you about your experience; it's a transactional relationship

I recruit ppl for a living. If you have a short term stint or two on your resume it won’t be a deal breaker. I look at the overall picture.

Short tenure at companies has become more common with millennials. While it may be more common now, it's still seen as a red flag - as it should be. Young people with multi-year tenure at companies will stand out in the hiring process.

In your case, 7 years at your current company is great - that's a lifetime in millennial employment. If this new position doesn't work out it won't be a killer on your resume, just have a good explanation for why you accepted initially and why it didn't work out. You also have the option of not listing it if it's very short term and the gap between leaving your current employer and your next interviews is small.

Why do you think you made a mistake with your new career choice? Also, have you even started working at this new place of business?

Cage

Why do you think you made a mistake with your new career choice? Also, have you even started working at this new place of business?

Cage
My previous job wasn't sustainable. It was good for a while, but after the lockdowns ended we had a staffing shortage. I was on salary, doing basically the job of 3 or more people. Mental health, so patients were having agressions toward staff due to no structure. None wee enough to actually injure me that wasn't the concern, but every time that happens we have to document it in the system and each documentation takes about 45 minute's. No work life balance and everyone was now leaving so that place isn't going to improve.

Unsure about how I will like the new job due to some red flags so far and it's more of an administrative position so not sure I will like it. But of the offers I had, quite a few, the salary is pretty good and it's a 10 minute commute vs 40 for the other jobs. After weighing everything I think this was the best choice but always nervous about going to a whioe new company

id put in a year.
i got and kept a job i freaking DESPISED for 2 years just cuz it was a huge company and i knew would look badass on my resume even if i hated i wanted to stick w it. i left there and got $20k more at next company cuz i looked worth it on paper.
now i work for myself and wouldnt have it any other way.

but dont be too worried. time flies. a year will go by fast. if its a monday thru fri job and u have weekends off, easy schmeezy.
play hard on the weekends! time will fly
-F

One thing I’ve learned is that no job is perfect! There’s pro’s and con’s to any job. I lucked out and landed my current gig 16yrs ago. I have complete control of my schedule and loads of freedom. Just as long as the works done and no problems arise everything is good!

I almost left two different times for more money, but could never take the leap. The money I turned down was abt $40K more per year as well. I stayed in the end because of the freedom I have! For me you can’t put a price on that. But that’s me.

It boils down to what you can tolerate and also your financial situation. I’d give it a lil bit and see how things shake out. No harm in that. Sure beats the headaches you used to deal with!

Cage

It is way more common nowadays.
I would hang in for a year and then leave in normal times BUT at the moment, companies are hurting for employees so it is not a big factor with the mix of millennials changing jobs constantly, and the past 18 months of lockdowns etc combined= companies are more understanding.

If it’s a one-off, not a big deal. Don’t make it a habit, though

As a hiring manager, a short tenure would not red-flag a candidate for me, but I'd want to hear a good story about why that happened.
It may be that the individual's reasons for leaving might make them more appealing.
Keep in mind that for me, personality and temperament can easily beat out someone who just has an impressive CV. Not everyone feels this way.

My previous job wasn't sustainable. It was good for a while, but after the lockdowns ended we had a staffing shortage. I was on salary, doing basically the job of 3 or more people. Mental health, so patients were having agressions toward staff due to no structure. None wee enough to actually injure me that wasn't the concern, but every time that happens we have to document it in the system and each documentation takes about 45 minute's. No work life balance and everyone was now leaving so that place isn't going to improve.

Unsure about how I will like the new job due to some red flags so far and it's more of an administrative position so not sure I will like it. But of the offers I had, quite a few, the salary is pretty good and it's a 10 minute commute vs 40 for the other jobs. After weighing everything I think this was the best choice but always nervous about going to a whioe new company
If you are staying in mental health. I can say that resumes are not viewed the same as hiring skilled employees. Somewhat for upper management but if your recently graduated the journey to get licensed can change several times. Trying to find your niche, do you like crises work, etc. That 4 month stint will only add to your experience.

You’re in the mental health field??

Can I ask what it is you do??

My girl is an LMHC down here in FL, has her Master’s as well obviously, she’s got experience and she’s having a hard time getting any offers over $55k-$60k which is a damn shame spending all that time and money in school to not even get what she owes in loans as a salary lol..

I’m assuming you’re in a better position than she is? I’m trying to tell her to get out of that box and go for her BCBA and other credentials that can put her in the 6 figure range...

To answer the question though; I own a business, and down here it’s not even about your resumé in most places, it’s about the hands you shake... So long as you’re not a piece of shit and can get the work done efficiently and here’s an IMPORTANT QUALITY that often gets over looked; COME PRELOADED WITH SOLUTIONS.. I don’t want to hear problems as a business owner and have to teach you how to fix it...

My girl is an LMHC down here in FL, has her Master’s as well obviously, she’s got experience and she’s having a hard time getting any offers over $55k-$60k which is a damn shame spending all that time and money in school to not even get what she owes in loans as a salary lol..

I’m assuming you’re in a better position than she is? I’m trying to tell her to get out of that box and go for her BCBA and other credentials that can put her in the 6 figure range...

To answer the question though; I own a business, and down here it’s not even about your resumé in most places, it’s about the hands you shake... So long as you’re not a piece of shit and can get the work done efficiently and here’s an IMPORTANT QUALITY that often gets over looked; COME PRELOADED WITH SOLUTIONS.. I don’t want to hear problems as a business owner and have to teach you how to fix it...
Me and My girlfriend are both in the mental health field. She is a LMHC and clinical director of the institution. I am in a subspecialty. Florida is a great state to get licensed in...

A private practice LMHC can make more the a BCBA. My girl makes 6 figures but is also more intelligent then some of the psychs.

A private practice LMHC can make more the a BCBA. My girl makes 6 figures but is also more intelligent then some of the psychs.

That’s awesome for you and your lady, now I’ll be honest, she’s my girl and all, and I care for her deeply, but as of right now I don’t think she has what it takes to start and run her own business lol

It’s kind of a bummer for me that she doesn’t have that “spunk”.. It’s awesome you found yourself a woman like that..

My bachelors is in fitness lol, masters in education, and I do want to get my BCBA. I will need to take about 18 credits and drop 10k (not hard), but, then I need 2k supervised hours (hard) that will cost another 5k. :(

My bachelors is in fitness lol, masters in education, and I do want to get my BCBA. I will need to take about 18 credits and drop 10k (not hard), but, then I need 2k supervised hours (hard) that will cost another 5k. :(

Not when you can pay someone to sign them off for you lmao

Don’t know where you are, but I hear of so many people doing this down here in SFL lol

Bro, your straight outta school…people expect you to leave this job!

when people hire you straight out of school they aren’t expecting much..they just need a body! So, when/if you leave it’s not a shocker.

and I don’t know about you, but I’ve hated every job I’ve ever had and hate my career..has nothing to do with passion…I just feel that everyone eventually learns to hate their job/career. I loved my career the first year…hated it the other 15 years.

you are supposed to hate your job so later you can create something for yourself on your own terms

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131