over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Jobs

Starkraven

Banned
im 22 and just got my case dismissed for the possession for sale charge (dbol). id like to go to school soon and earn a degree but id also like to hear some ideas of part time jobs. i just landed a job with rite-aid but come on, im too old for this shit but ill stick with it til i find something better. what are some part time jobs you guys held when you were my age?

this really bugs me, for years ive been living shitty and feeling depressed because im not independent already. i still live with my mom, my dad died when i was 9. yeah sometimes i expect to be handed stuff but i was born that way i guess. i finally realize i have to do something. its hard for me to accept it but i guess. please post some jobs you guys hold to give me a better idea. i have an interest in dietetics and nutrition but id like to hear other ideas too. im not set on anything yet. i wish i had some talent or knew more people. i hate working for someone.

Hey it took my to 30 to get really feeling good.

I ran a gym and a nightclub while going to school, but when I got done with school, I had nothing to show for the work time. Yeah I had 5 years work experience in the gym and nightclub industry, but I wanted to open my own nutrition store...well no collateral and no bank will give yuo the money.

Just look for something you enjoy. Learn to manage your money...NEVER use credit cards unless you can pay them off that day or in less than 5 ddays. these little things can be the death of you.

construction bro, typically pays pretty well, shouldn't be that hard for ya since you bb, and it'll help ya stay lean by runnin around doin shit all day :D

just keep a protein bar or somethin in your pocket to wolf down in between meals

yeah i already ruined my credit so thats out.

i was afraid i would hear construction. even though it pays well, im afraid it will interfere with my workouts. im not one that can hang especially if its tough construction work. it would be hard to make gains, althought i guess being on test would give me more energy to do the work and recover from it and my workouts as well.

At your age I was in the military, but for part time jobs, or jobs that will make it so you can do school your limited to being a male dancer, bouncer or night stocker at walmart or maybe you could work at a gym at the counter. I'd consentrate on the school and take whatever I could cuz after school your job options will be better. J.R.

MAN, LAWN CARE!!

Hey bro, i know how you feel, when i was 17 o bought an old 100$ lawn mower, a blower and a weedeater and went to work, 6 years later i had consistently made more and more $ and at the end of it all, the last year i billed 75k to my clients and then sold the whole operation for 45k. so its really easy to do, make a flier, and pass them out, youll get a call or 2, depending on how bad you want the business, if you want more info, let me know.

tattoojr said:
At your age I was in the military, but for part time jobs, or jobs that will make it so you can do school your limited to being a male dancer, bouncer or night stocker at walmart or maybe you could work at a gym at the counter. I'd consentrate on the school and take whatever I could cuz after school your job options will be better. J.R.

i knew i would hear the male dancer, gigolo stuff. im really thinking about it, i have got the looks for it seriously. ill never work night shift ever again, i just couldnt find myself awake. i was always tired. well at least im working now at rite-aid but damn i feel like a loser when i make $7.00/hour. to be a bouncer, i would have to add a ton more mass and im working on that now lol.

StarkRaven, it sounds like you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself.

Most people don't get done with college until they are 23 or 24 so give yourself a break!

My advice: Go to a carreer counselor. They have aptitude tests that you can take. These test ask you a series of questions and then match you up with your interest levels. One I have taken was the CAPS test, however there are many carreer interest inventories out there. This might help.

well today i worked at rite-aid. i feel like such a loser, real embarassing. id rather be a truck driver.

Starkraven said:
well today i worked at rite-aid. i feel like such a loser, real embarassing. id rather be a truck driver.

Don't sweat it bro. It's a job. Carry yourself like the proud young man you are and chalk it up as a learning experience that you get paid for. All of these "menial" jobs we do before we find a career, help make us better qualified for our jobs.

i just dont want a job where i can be seen by the public. if it is, i would want to be like a security guard or something authorative. thats my problem, im too authorative so a job at rite-aid makes me feel real low.

Sales, my friend. There are tons of sales jobs who really couldn't give a shit about your past and won't even check it. You can make a shitload of money too. Of course you have to modify your personality to do well at it. Also, there's telemarketing. Again, some of those people make good money, but you have to take a lot of shit over the phone. Don't limit yourself, or think that you aren't qualified for something because of your past, or lack of education. Honestly, man, I've had over 60 jobs, many of them 100,000 per year potential and I WAS NOT qualified to get them. If you can become a smooth talker and learn how to impress during interviews you can accomplish a lot more than you think. I have MASTERED getting jobs, it's keeping them that baffles me :D . I just can't seem to put up with any shit at all.

yeah keeping a job also baffles me. i dont know how long ill keep this one but i have some bills to pay. but i think im just dumb, i cant do well in interviews, its because i just dont care anymore. i really dont. if i get it, then whatever..cool, if not, whatever. life sucks. i also cant seem to put up with any shit. i hate dealing with people.

service industry

wait tables or bartend. Damn good $per hour in a good resteraunt or bar for a part time job while in school. I bartend and make anywhere from 100-350 depending on the night. You will make a little less in a resteraunt probably 80-200 a night but it comes out a hell of alot better then 7 an hour. Plus you dont have to pay taxes on all of it.

Damn bro, be more positive. If you tell yourself that life sucks and who cares if i do or dont, then your going to live a life that does suck. Be positive, you have a job, and you can always look for somthing better. Also, maybe take classes at a college and get more education. Learning is power.

yeah well target called me. so it looks like i got the job. i attend the orientation tuesday and i wouldnt have been able to attend it if i didnt pass the drug test or back ground check so it looks like im clean!! im actually happy now.

im 22 now also, my first jobs were working at plant store, sandwhich shop, then moved on to working at gym for last 5 years, personal training and management once. I also had a my own body piercing buisness which worked out pretty well for a lot of years before I moved to CA. after I moved here from MI it was hell finding work, I worked at a gym for awhile then went to contruction. making crap money. now im in school full time studying for an IT job. personal training is too hard out here with so much competition, and I have a lot of experience on the computer.

A lot of people look at all that and say im not responsible because i cannot "hold a job". its a bullshit, you need to experiement with a lot of things too find out what you want to do. I am lucky now i have a supportive g/f taking care of me financial while im back in schoool full time, you have to work with what you have I would go back to school at your age if you could, trust me their are no good jobs out their with out an education unless you own your buisiness. ask yourself what do you like doing and what do you have to work with, as far as support time effort and $ ect..

Starkraven said:
yeah i already ruined my credit so thats out.

i was afraid i would hear construction. even though it pays well, im afraid it will interfere with my workouts. im not one that can hang especially if its tough construction work. it would be hard to make gains, althought i guess being on test would give me more energy to do the work and recover from it and my workouts as well.

I did it for 6months when I first moved here I was way too sore and tired out to get in the gym ever. If training is supper important too you I would pick a different field unless your doing light work, I did mainly demo and cement projects though.

i agree construction takes a lot out of you. i want the security job while i go to school. it doesnt pay well but suits my personality. id rather make $7.75/hour security at target than some data entry or customer service job for like $10.00/hour. its about the job too not just money.

damn bro i am in nutrition! i got a job years ago in a hospital in the nutrition dept and work my way up. i learned evry thing i could. except spelling lol. i work my ass off no matter what it was doing. years down the line i became a supervisor of my dept and now i teach class to my employees. i teach interns, i visit pts in the hospital and do surveys with them.and since it is a government job the bennifitts are great! i am taking a class on sports nutrition just because i want to know more. whats funny is i went to school for 3 years to become a jurneyman tool and die maker. i graduated school got a good job and got laid off. my dad new some guys at the hopital and that got my foot in the door. i am also working with the hospital running there employee fitness program. i also hope to get a masters persoel training certificate this fall. oh i work at bass pro shops part-time cause i luv the discount and the people i work with. so there is plenty of time to decide what to do in life. just do a good job at whatevr you do.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear