over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Jocking for gym status

NGL34

Registered
Im curious to know if anyone feels as they get leaner or progress in this sport aka improve themselves physically if they encounter more male hostility and jealously then they normally would. That you almost feel anywhere you go in the gym or even outside the gym you are constantly be barrage by these aggressive type having to display a more dominate assertive behavior to keep challengers from invading your space/territory with there peacocking, weight smashing, grunting obnoxiously to get attention or any manner showing disrespect.

Is there any other time you notice it gets worse? For example after joining a new gym, bulking or growing phase it happens more often, filling out after a carb refeed, when more women make advances toward you or giving you more attention then they normally would.

Im just curious on your thoughts and how you personal deal with it and what in your opinion is the biggest motivator for these type displaying this kind of social behavior i.e. could it actually be hormones or signals we put off-- cortisol and adrenals are off the charts and serotonin is rock bottom, displaying weakness because your physically tired from undereating and being carb depleted or could it be because you are a theat and do look really good and its more jealous and insecurity which drive this reaction.

No. I work an acute psych unit and I’m surrounded by verbal abuse, threats, and often daily have to tackle some crazy asshole and Medicate them.

All it does is elevate your chronic stress to an extreme level

never happens to me. Just lots of stares due to my physique and "are you using this??" I also carry myself with pride, smile at people and say hi. Plus I walk in with my children so maybe that helps. I'm "the guy that always has his kids"

This is classic beta behavior, contrary to common belief, betas are always jocking for position/looking to fight, usually with other betas. Alphas don't display this behavior because they don't need to, they know they are alpha. This is why self-confident guys are usually very nice and gentle and the last ones to be aggressive. Also, both smaller and larger betas feel size has something to do with being alpha and will challenge people based on size (because they don't want to be betas) whereas most actual alphas know that size has little or nothing to do with it.

Of course, the vast majority of civilized human beings have risen above this alpha/beta crap, but in the gym you see a higher proportion of these 'regressed' humans for whatever reason.

The problem with bodybuilding is that it’s the one hobby that attracts SO many people with severe self-esteem issues. I never see issues with a bass player trying to “be more alpha” than another bass player. Many bodybuilders have this really weird mindset, especially if bodybuilding is their only pursuit, where they tend to forget that nobody cares.... you have 19 inch arms? Great. But someone plays chess better than you, someone is a better parent than you, someone swims faster than you, someone has way cooler Nintendo games than you..... all pursuits have equal value, ie. they matter a lot to the person doing them and to that community, but they don’t mean a thing to anyone else..... but in so many bodybuilders minds this doesn’t seem to register.

Just be aware that a lot of the gym crowd consists of people that need therapy more than a dumbbell, that person that might be trying to “threaten your status” was once a baby, in a diaper, that probably didn’t get the attention it needed, or was made fun of, or couldn’t get laid.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws