over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

John Jewett Shredded

I just came to post the interview

Coaches himself... Not that there's anything wrong with a coach, but that shows some next level dedication to do it all yourself and be that conditioned

That was a really good interview. He mentions teaming up with Andrew Vu for the first time towards the end of a prep and no significant changes were made since he was pretty much already in shape; ended up looking great. Then he prepped with Andrew Vu from the start for the Olympia and was way behind at 8 weeks out. If you guys follow Jewett's instagram, he has to diet on 1800 kcals to get lean. I wonder how much of him being so behind at 8 weeks out at the Olympia was due to Vu not appreciating that even though Jewett competes at over 200 lbs, he needs to diet hard and lower those kcals under 2,000 to get lean.

Other interesting parts were Jewett talking about how he doesn't like eating white rice for prep because it's not satiating at all. He prefers oatmeal and pumpkin.

Thinks the bike is a poor choice for cardio since it's too taxing on the legs.

He did not cut test going into the Indy Pro and also did not really cut water. Drank about 0.75 gallons before stepping on stage that day. His conditioning was great at the Indy Pro.

And I admit it, being a top 5 Olympia guy to 3rd at Indy...uhhh, not a good look.

The Indy was not his worst aspect, far from it, at the Olympia it was a disappointment because he went from 5th place to outside the top 10. The problem is that this division is tremendously competitive and nobody has a guaranteed position. Ask Derek, the favourite for the tittle.

I want to kick Ron Harris in the face

Fuad should step up and start going to the shows and interviewing the competitors and bring that back. I enjoyed when it was rx md and flex going to the shows. Ron Harris just makes my skin crawl

Fuad should step up and start going to the shows and interviewing the competitors and bring that back. I enjoyed when it was rx md and flex going to the shows. Ron Harris just makes my skin crawl
Give me The Cliff's Notes on Ron Harris. I'd like to know.

His wife.

WTF? Wellness division now?? Fuck's sake.

Reading the rules on the IFBB website, it sounds like it's made for fatties.

WTF? Wellness division now?? Fuck's sake.

Reading the rules on the IFBB website, it sounds like it's made for fatties.
Some of it seems to be becoming little more than just a beauty contest.

I do like how it is encouraging ladies to be natural and stay away from androgens. At least I hope none of them are using those for that category. Wonder if they test them for PEDs.

At this point, they should break off some of these categories and have them in their own show on a different night. Leave bodybuilding and the other more athletic categories on their own so fans are not sitting there past midnight to see the bodybuilding.

I do like how it is encouraging ladies to be natural and stay away from androgens. At least I hope none of them are using those for that category. Wonder if they test them for PEDs.

Really do you think this?

Lol, lmafo, those girls are in drugs, even more that some figure or fitness competitors

Really do you think this?

Lol, lmafo, those girls are in drugs, even more that some figure or fitness competitors
That's what some say. Looking at them it doesn't look like it. I guess they don't test the wellness category? They should.

Its frustrating. I think in order to be a winner in pro bodybuilding you have to have great symmetry and proportions. Some guys seem to think that you can make your chest grow more and catch up to the rest of the body but I dont think you can. When training the chest you are also inadvertently training the assisting muscle. Same goes with quad sweep. I never could get mine to be good. I think a lot of that stuff is all set at birth. When I would grow larger muscles, they all seem to grow about the same so that the proportions really didnt change that much. Just my experience.
Agreed - I’m in the same boat. Strong delts and weak chest. The lower the bf % the more noticeable in my case.

That was a really good interview. He mentions teaming up with Andrew Vu for the first time towards the end of a prep and no significant changes were made since he was pretty much already in shape; ended up looking great. Then he prepped with Andrew Vu from the start for the Olympia and was way behind at 8 weeks out. If you guys follow Jewett's instagram, he has to diet on 1800 kcals to get lean. I wonder how much of him being so behind at 8 weeks out at the Olympia was due to Vu not appreciating that even though Jewett competes at over 200 lbs, he needs to diet hard and lower those kcals under 2,000 to get lean.

Other interesting parts were Jewett talking about how he doesn't like eating white rice for prep because it's not satiating at all. He prefers oatmeal and pumpkin.

Thinks the bike is a poor choice for cardio since it's too taxing on the legs.

He did not cut test going into the Indy Pro and also did not really cut water. Drank about 0.75 gallons before stepping on stage that day. His conditioning was great at the Indy Pro.

Pumpkin? Interesting! Did he get into more detail? How he cooks it, etc..?

Agreed - I’m in the same boat. Strong delts and weak chest. The lower the bf % the more noticeable in my case.
Yeah, it's like a bit of fat fills in the chest some and makes it look bigger, at least in some poses.

My chest was always undersized and I had a crappy Quad sweep. You can try to train it away, but IMO there is only so much you can do. Shape and proportions seem to be mostly heredity.

I loved Marcus Rhul's physique. His size and power, but I never saw it being a thing of beauty. Certainly not like Ronnie in his peak.

I like how common sense approach, obviously a smart guy to simplify things like that. For instance, I like that his take on cardio was to just increase his step count lol

Fouad wondering about target heart rate and shit...

I saw a woman's physique competitor appear on my IG explore page today with a very pronounced five o' clock shadow. I went to her page and every photo was the same. She legit has to shave her face every day.

That's what some say. Looking at them it doesn't look like it. I guess they don't test the wellness category? They should.

Drug test in pro shows? What world do you live in, friend?

These girls are all in something, they have more muscle than bikini girls, so they are going to take more drugs, many have implants in their butt and quads. This is by no means a natural look, even with the best genetics from Brazil.

Drug test in pro shows? What world do you live in, friend?

These girls are all in something, they have more muscle than bikini girls, so they are going to take more drugs, many have implants in their butt and quads. This is by no means a natural look, even with the best genetics from Brazil.
Well, its not beyond reason to think that they might possibly test someone in the "wellness" division. Its not like Im suggesting they might test physique competitors.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member