over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

John Jewitt on telmisartan

"Effect of telmisartan on blood pressure control and kidney function in hypertensive, proteinuric patients with chronic kidney disease - PubMed" https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16077267/
Right, it's good for people with high blood pressure (hypertensive), and in this case, VERY sick people (hypertensive+CKD+proteinuric). This doesn't present an argument for using it as a preventive cure-all for AAS users.

Right, it's good for people with high blood pressure (hypertensive), and in this case, VERY sick people (hypertensive+CKD+proteinuric). This doesn't present an argument for using it as a preventive cure-all for AAS users.
Ok 👌🏿 awesome then don't use it! I sure the fuck am though

"Clinical Effectiveness of Telmisartan in Patients with Metabolic Syndrome - Metabolism - Clinical and Experimental" **broken link removed**

I use losartan potassium. Isn't that pretty close in comparison to telmisartan?

Im not understanding what we're arguing about really...

John is smart. John practices what he preaches.
John's target also IS NOT Redcon1 wearing 19 year olds....he attracts some of the same smart thinking BBers. Possibly some dumb juice heads as well
He is sharing THIS GOOD INFO, with that target.

What's worse, him NOT talking about this and the millions of dumb juice heads not taking ANYTHING? Or those dumb juice heads seeing this and maybe looking into this drug and others more (or possibly taking it)?? There are far more dumb BBers not monitoring BP issues than there are ones being TOO HEALTH conscious and purchasing this. You're worried about THE WRONG problem.

Exactly.

Although I have a few thoughts on the topic. Obviously everyone has to learn about something at one time. Moreover the more factual information out there the better. So if watching John's vid is the first anyone has ever heard of telmisartan and they use it to their advantage then great. Perhaps they never check their bp and do and it's very high so they add it in for example. Although I also find it a bit weird the way some guys once they hear x person uses something they will use it as well. This information has been out there for many years. People have even posted about telmisartan on this very forum for many years. I imagine most of these "experts" learnt about this type of stuff from bodybuilding and longetivity forums.

There are people using this stuff who don't even have blood pressure issues before they added it in. Guys using a list of supplements just because their fav poster/bodybuilder uses them. So whilst the more info the better people should really be more proactive with this type of stuff and supplementing to their own exact needs especially if they are walking around at big bodyweights and taking many drugs in the pursuit for more size. Now none of this is John's fault and he is simply putting out useful content so it's only a good thing so I don't understand the debate earlier in this thread either. It works both ways but the amount of people who are not monitoring things far outweighs (probably 95%/5%) the ones that are "too health conscious".

I personally have used valsartan and telmisartan and both are very good (and similar) but when weighing everything up the later is superior. I use 80mg telmisartan daily and have done for awhile.

Exactly.

Although I have a few thoughts on the topic. Obviously everyone has to learn about something at one time. Moreover the more factual information out there the better. So if watching John's vid is the first anyone has ever heard of telmisartan and they use it to their advantage then great. Perhaps they never check their bp and do and it's very high so they add it in for example. Although I also find it a bit weird the way some guys once they hear x person uses something they will use it as well. This information has been out there for many years. People have even posted about telmisartan on this very forum for many years. I imagine most of these "experts" learnt about this type of stuff from bodybuilding and longetivity forums.

There are people using this stuff who don't even have blood pressure issues before they added it in. Guys using a list of supplements just because their fav poster/bodybuilder uses them. So whilst the more info the better people should really be more proactive with this type of stuff and supplementing to their own exact needs especially if they are walking around at big bodyweights and taking many drugs in the pursuit for more size. Now none of this is John's fault and he is simply putting out useful content so it's only a good thing so I don't understand the debate earlier in this thread either. It works both ways but the amount of people who are not monitoring things far outweighs (probably 95%/5%) the ones that are "too health conscious".

I personally have used valsartan and telmisartan and both are very good (and similar) but when weighing everything up the later is superior. I use 80mg telmisartan daily and have done for awhile.
I just did a search for telmisartan and the earliest post I could find was 2018, I admit have not read through all 25 pages of the search but all of the post just seem to be in regards to blood pressure, I have not seen much talk on the other protective factors this drug offers. Maybe when I have time at work tonight on midnight shift I can read through more post.

Why not? People jump on the AAS bandwagon cause some bodybuilder says the should? 🧐
By the way, not saying people should just use it cause John said to. Just wondering how this is different?
You make a good point regarding AAS 'bandwagons' and I've been guilty of that myself, in the past.
I guess I'm not looking at this as a bodybuilder who might have elevated BP while on cycle.
I'm looking at this as someone who has battled high BP (non bodybuilding related high BP) so my opinion is different.

I just did a search for telmisartan and the earliest post I could find was 2018, I admit have not read through all 25 pages of the search but all of the post just seem to be in regards to blood pressure, I have not seen much talk on the other protective factors this drug offers. Maybe when I have time at work tonight on midnight shift I can read through more post.

When did the likes of Victor, John Jewitt and Leo first start talking about Telmisartan? I follow the last 2 but have no idea about Victor. I should add most of the main talk I have seen on it on here is over the last 2 years but some people were using it before.

When did the likes of Victor, John Jewitt and Leo first start talking about Telmisartan? I follow the last 2 but have no idea about Victor. I should add most of the main talk I have seen on it on here is over the last 2 years but some people were using it before.
Now that's a good question, I don't know how long they have been talking a out it. Just to add the person who turned me on to the benefits especially cardiac remodeling was Alex Kikel.

Here are some threads and posts below by gg goin back to 2015. He was talking about Telmi's benefits years prior at other forums.

Search cross-reference of his name + Telmisartan:

Same but using "Telmi":
I'm about 1/2 through reading all those and again they just talk about BLOOD PRESSURE
I'm not seeing anything on lipids, cardiac remodeling or insulin sensitivity or any other properties that make this drug unique

I'm about 1/2 through reading all those and again they just talk about BLOOD PRESSURE
I'm not seeing anything on lipids, cardiac remodeling or insulin sensitivity or any other properties that make this drug unique

GG did go on about cardiac remodelling in 2015. I had heard of it many years before but didn't use it until 2018. It was actually some of gotgame's posts that made me start using it. Although I was late because I had read his posts years before and had planned to add it in but just waited (life, using other bp aids etc) as blood pressure has always been a concern of mine for a very long time.

Not so much with telmisartan but I see this stuff with so many things. Obviously people copy each other all the time. People get ideas from people and modify them etc etc. I see this happen constantly with training movements. There are some guys in this industry with big egos and they sometimes pass things off as their own. If there ego is so big they literally think drugs stacks belong to them as well. They think they brought x drug/supplement to bodybuilding when half the time many have been using it for years before but they just made it much more popular due to their following. Many reference people but most of the time they don't.

GG did go on about cardiac remodelling in 2015. I had heard of it many years before but didn't use it until 2018. It was actually some of gotgame's posts that made me start using it. Although I was late because I had read his posts years before and had planned to add it in but just waited (life, using other bp aids etc) as blood pressure has always been a concern of mine for a very long time.

Not so much with telmisartan but I see this stuff with so many things. Obviously people copy each other all the time. People get ideas from people and modify them etc etc. I see this happen constantly with training movements. There are some guys in this industry with big egos and they sometimes pass things off as their own. If there ego is so big they literally think drugs stacks belong to them as well. They think they brought x drug/supplement to bodybuilding when half the time many have been using it for years before but they just made it much more popular due to their following. Many reference people but most of the time they don't.
LOL your funny sometimes bro.

AT THE END OF THE DAY IF THERE IS INFORMATION OUT THERE TO HELP PEOPLE USE AAS IN A SAFER MANNER DOES IT REALLY MATTER WHERE IT COMES FROM? DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY GIVE A FUCK WHERE IT COMES FROM AS LONG AS IT IS TRUE SCIENCE BACKED INFORMATION?

This he said she said, or I knew that 20 year ago shit..common man

A guy starts a thread with a video of a professional bodybuilder giving helpful information to our "group" or "tribe" and people literally lose their shit over it.

To the OP....GOOD THREAD BRO 👏🏿

"i have mentioned nebi as a good alternative to atenolol with some added benefits. Different mode of action though then telmi. I would combine both ( telmi and nebi) and i know many people who do especially when they are on high cycle doses."

"By combining both your bp is in check, you get renal protection, likely help prevent cardiac remodeling and increase cardiac NO production.. yet no one seems to routinely use them outside of myself ( i use for health reasons not high cycle dose reasons, i did switch from losartan to telmi) or a few ppl i know who are really concerned about there future health and are up to date on how to make sure they are as healthy as possible. One day i wish id see this stuff on ppls normal lists."

Im ok with giving recommendations anonymously which is the point of my having an account that doesnt have my real name. If i ever create an account where i use my real name I wouldnt give specific advice and would stick with concepts.You would probably know its me based on me never really proof reading what i type and my style of just free form typing..at least you know im not copy pasting anything lol

If you do not have any predisposing risk factors and are legit healthy meaning below probably 13% bodyfat, eat a healthy diet with low sugars, healthy fats, fiber, veggies and some fruits etc and doing legit cardio on a regular basis then I would suggest the following

While on cycle and through pct take an arb like either losartan or telmisartan ( i recently switiched to telmi) at maybe something like 20mg telmi daily. remember...**i am making this shit up based on my personal opinion**you wont find studies with bbers, aas, and these dosing regimines. I feel this to be enough to break up the RAS and hopefully prevent some cardiac remodeling.

This is something I care a lot about. In fact its probably what I want to be remembered most for in this area when im long gone.

I have certs in both cardiac ct of advanced proficiency ( CoAP) and cardiology cert. Also have publications as they relate to triglycerides, plaque formation and populations using ct and mri.

Bodybuilders are retarded sometimes. Those who compete do what they have to do but most people do not compete or at least dont make a living out of it. Yet they still do so many things only living in the superficial present and not caring about their health years from now.

Let me be clear... AAS are not as harmful as they are deemed to be however there is use, abuse and really fucking smart use. People on this thread are talking about reversal... ok thats great but more importantly we should be talking about prevention.

I have posted so much on this over the years on different boards and i really dont feel like copy pasting it and looking for it but ill make this short and sweet.

1. Stop with the orals. No reason to crush your HDL. Think long term. Also no need to be using such strong androgens for long periods of time. I have nothing to say to those use tren at high doses for months on end.

2. Diet: See previous posts from people on this thread. Yes it plays a sigificant role but you can have the best diet in the world but if your HDL is 8 from winny and tren it wont matter.

3. Cardio. RUN! Do legit cardio. And not just once a week or just during the summer. Dont give me that crap " ohh but gotgame im bulking so i cant run" . Dont be retarded, be healthy so you are on here posting for years to come.

4. Dont going to post everything that i have over the years but consider using low dose ARBs or ACEi when on gear to prevent cardiac remodeling. I would suggest 25mg daily of losartan or equivalent .

5. Take aspirin low dose unless contraindicated for numerous benefits.

6. Steroids can DIRECTLY cause cardiac remodeling. Don't bother sending me links to athletes and having bigger hearts... that is a different type of hypertrophy that is not the kind i am referring to as AAS induced. Some of it can probably be reversed after a long time off but not all of it. So keep your doses low, cycle, and use an ARB

7. I have yet to see anyone with a calcium score over 400 make any signficant improvements on direct CT, ever. They have made cath improvements. Someone mentioned nucs stress test earlier..... that wont show you a darn thing. Had a patient who had rock solid normal nucs test on friday and came back on wednesday with a stemi and had 80% occlusion of one of the LAD diags. Its a crap test for prognostic value, it has physiologic value.

8. Keep your blood pressure in check. It is NOT ok for it to ever be elevated. I cant stress this enough. Dont give me this genetic nonsense. Sure for SOME people its genetic but most people can control it with diet/lifestyle modifications so stop being lazy. The arbs should help that too.

Angiotensin receptor blockers and angiotensin convert enzyme inhibitors. Used in patients with MI's but studies have been done showing it can prevent AAS induced remodeling. Granted they werent huge studies but they pass my face validity test as to their MOA and how AAS induced cardiac hypertrophy and at times hyperplasia.

Do you think Losartan is better than Telmisartan?

From a pure "performance" standpoint i used to recommend telmisartan because of the ppar gamma MOA which makes it pretty awesome for bodybuilders. I backed off my recommendation a little bit about two years ago when they were releasing the info on ppar gamma drugs and cancer and that gave me pause so i started recommending losaratan. To be perfectly honest I havent looked up the new data for ppar gammas and whether or not that panned out to be true. If it turned out to be BS then I would favor telmi.

EDIT: To be clear at the time there were studies looking at glitazones and cancer and some warnings were issue and some drugs were pulled. I tend to be very cautious with recomendations so in order to make sure it wasnt from ppar gamma and was some other property of those drugs I backed off on my telsmisartan recommendation at that time. It was probably overly cautious as i think recent studies showed it to be fine but i havent looked into it that much recently. If they did then it would probably be favored as that MOA is great for what people call " glucose disposal agents" on top of preventing cardiac remodeling.

Nebivolol, while it might be good at a reducing BP any remodeling agent needs to work on the angiotensin system as that is what the studies looked at showing AAS induced changes. While beta blocks are sometimes still used in MI patients its to reduce the O2 demand after an MI not to directly reduced remodeling. Maybe you were thinking nebi because you NO levels...remember we arent trying to just dilate vessels we are trying to create new ones. I just used VEGF as one example of what you want to achieve. Will having slightly increase NO levels in the heart over a period of time increase local angiogenesis...maybe..probably but lets work on trying to prevent remodeling and use natural vegf production at this time until there are more studies done. Also keep in mind that when you look at studies and NO and angiogensis..is it natural NO production or artificial, the difference is the setting by which it is produced. Any setting that requires increased O2 demand ( cardio) will cause an increase i NO BUt it will also cause VEGF locally to increase for a short period of time, so its not neccessarily the NO that is beneficial its the state that caused the NO increase.

In the next 10 years there will be new drugs to combat this. Spoke with an MD PHD out of philly last week and she had just demonstrated last month the use of microRNAs to complete reverse/prevent cardiac remodeling in the acute seting. Granted her work is catheter direct but give it time.

You want to increase LOCAL vegf levels. That is what is important. It takes years and years of hard work to do this but it can save your life to have some decent collaterals if you have an MI. Granted if your 3 vessels are all crap from years of steroid abuse and "bulking" then theres not much to be done anyway

Thanks. For Telmisartan, is 20mg/day enough?

Honesty I don't know nor does anyone. I would guess that any dose will help especially in low to moderate dose cycles. My best recommendation is to take the lowest dose prescribed for htn is possibly a little bit less (hence the 25 MG losartan rec). If I was to take Telmisartan for this purpose then 20mg is what I would take.

I doubt any long term real studies will be done but I do think that this will help. But it might not be enough for heavy tren users etc as a much higher dose might be needed to prevent that.

By doing this the risks are next to none using low doses, it may prevent hypertension on cycle and remodeling. So many guys are having heart issues that we need to do something.

Also, gotgame...
Telmisartan is a PPARδ agonist and this sounds great. It also activates the gamma subunit tho, may this hinder its positive effects on fat loss?

I like the way you are thinking. My answer...I don't know lol. Yes from activation of the gamma subunit it might cause adipose to take up more glucose but then it might cause a white to brown conversion so u burn it off as heat. Ppar gamma also reduces some cytokines which lowers inflammation so there is a lot going on as it's not a pure gamma agonist as you pointed out.

It really is good that the delta is also activated. I imagine that will help quite a bit as is pointed out in some papers - search for Telmisartan improves insulin resistance of skeletal muscle, published March 2013, in diabetes journal. If you can't get full article let me know and I'll post it from my account.

The end result... it's probably beneficial from a health standpoint and fat loss but it is multifactorial.

Would telmisartan achieve the same thing as losartan for preventing cardiac remodeling?

yes and its probably better because of the PPAR activation for bodybuilders. I initially recommended it YEARS ago but then with the PPAR and cancer possible link I backed off and recommended losartan but then telmi was shown not to be an issue so im back to recommending it again.

See this is all just based on my interpretation of the data out there and risk vs reward. I mean we know that major issues of having elevated BP on cycle so if we are gonna bring it down lets bring it down with something that might also hel prevent cardiac remodeling from AAS use ( not even HTN induced).

"i have mentioned nebi as a good alternative to atenolol with some added benefits. Different mode of action though then telmi. I would combine both ( telmi and nebi) and i know many people who do especially when they are on high cycle doses."

"By combining both your bp is in check, you get renal protection, likely help prevent cardiac remodeling and increase cardiac NO production.. yet no one seems to routinely use them outside of myself ( i use for health reasons not high cycle dose reasons, i did switch from losartan to telmi) or a few ppl i know who are really concerned about there future health and are up to date on how to make sure they are as healthy as possible. One day i wish id see this stuff on ppls normal lists."

Im ok with giving recommendations anonymously which is the point of my having an account that doesnt have my real name. If i ever create an account where i use my real name I wouldnt give specific advice and would stick with concepts.You would probably know its me based on me never really proof reading what i type and my style of just free form typing..at least you know im not copy pasting anything lol

If you do not have any predisposing risk factors and are legit healthy meaning below probably 13% bodyfat, eat a healthy diet with low sugars, healthy fats, fiber, veggies and some fruits etc and doing legit cardio on a regular basis then I would suggest the following

While on cycle and through pct take an arb like either losartan or telmisartan ( i recently switiched to telmi) at maybe something like 20mg telmi daily. remember...**i am making this shit up based on my personal opinion**you wont find studies with bbers, aas, and these dosing regimines. I feel this to be enough to break up the RAS and hopefully prevent some cardiac remodeling.

This is something I care a lot about. In fact its probably what I want to be remembered most for in this area when im long gone.

I have certs in both cardiac ct of advanced proficiency ( CoAP) and cardiology cert. Also have publications as they relate to triglycerides, plaque formation and populations using ct and mri.

Bodybuilders are retarded sometimes. Those who compete do what they have to do but most people do not compete or at least dont make a living out of it. Yet they still do so many things only living in the superficial present and not caring about their health years from now.

Let me be clear... AAS are not as harmful as they are deemed to be however there is use, abuse and really fucking smart use. People on this thread are talking about reversal... ok thats great but more importantly we should be talking about prevention.

I have posted so much on this over the years on different boards and i really dont feel like copy pasting it and looking for it but ill make this short and sweet.

1. Stop with the orals. No reason to crush your HDL. Think long term. Also no need to be using such strong androgens for long periods of time. I have nothing to say to those use tren at high doses for months on end.

2. Diet: See previous posts from people on this thread. Yes it plays a sigificant role but you can have the best diet in the world but if your HDL is 8 from winny and tren it wont matter.

3. Cardio. RUN! Do legit cardio. And not just once a week or just during the summer. Dont give me that crap " ohh but gotgame im bulking so i cant run" . Dont be retarded, be healthy so you are on here posting for years to come.

4. Dont going to post everything that i have over the years but consider using low dose ARBs or ACEi when on gear to prevent cardiac remodeling. I would suggest 25mg daily of losartan or equivalent .

5. Take aspirin low dose unless contraindicated for numerous benefits.

6. Steroids can DIRECTLY cause cardiac remodeling. Don't bother sending me links to athletes and having bigger hearts... that is a different type of hypertrophy that is not the kind i am referring to as AAS induced. Some of it can probably be reversed after a long time off but not all of it. So keep your doses low, cycle, and use an ARB

7. I have yet to see anyone with a calcium score over 400 make any signficant improvements on direct CT, ever. They have made cath improvements. Someone mentioned nucs stress test earlier..... that wont show you a darn thing. Had a patient who had rock solid normal nucs test on friday and came back on wednesday with a stemi and had 80% occlusion of one of the LAD diags. Its a crap test for prognostic value, it has physiologic value.

8. Keep your blood pressure in check. It is NOT ok for it to ever be elevated. I cant stress this enough. Dont give me this genetic nonsense. Sure for SOME people its genetic but most people can control it with diet/lifestyle modifications so stop being lazy. The arbs should help that too.

Angiotensin receptor blockers and angiotensin convert enzyme inhibitors. Used in patients with MI's but studies have been done showing it can prevent AAS induced remodeling. Granted they werent huge studies but they pass my face validity test as to their MOA and how AAS induced cardiac hypertrophy and at times hyperplasia.

From a pure "performance" standpoint i used to recommend telmisartan because of the ppar gamma MOA which makes it pretty awesome for bodybuilders. I backed off my recommendation a little bit about two years ago when they were releasing the info on ppar gamma drugs and cancer and that gave me pause so i started recommending losaratan. To be perfectly honest I havent looked up the new data for ppar gammas and whether or not that panned out to be true. If it turned out to be BS then I would favor telmi.

EDIT: To be clear at the time there were studies looking at glitazones and cancer and some warnings were issue and some drugs were pulled. I tend to be very cautious with recomendations so in order to make sure it wasnt from ppar gamma and was some other property of those drugs I backed off on my telsmisartan recommendation at that time. It was probably overly cautious as i think recent studies showed it to be fine but i havent looked into it that much recently. If they did then it would probably be favored as that MOA is great for what people call " glucose disposal agents" on top of preventing cardiac remodeling.

Nebivolol, while it might be good at a reducing BP any remodeling agent needs to work on the angiotensin system as that is what the studies looked at showing AAS induced changes. While beta blocks are sometimes still used in MI patients its to reduce the O2 demand after an MI not to directly reduced remodeling. Maybe you were thinking nebi because you NO levels...remember we arent trying to just dilate vessels we are trying to create new ones. I just used VEGF as one example of what you want to achieve. Will having slightly increase NO levels in the heart over a period of time increase local angiogenesis...maybe..probably but lets work on trying to prevent remodeling and use natural vegf production at this time until there are more studies done. Also keep in mind that when you look at studies and NO and angiogensis..is it natural NO production or artificial, the difference is the setting by which it is produced. Any setting that requires increased O2 demand ( cardio) will cause an increase i NO BUt it will also cause VEGF locally to increase for a short period of time, so its not neccessarily the NO that is beneficial its the state that caused the NO increase.

In the next 10 years there will be new drugs to combat this. Spoke with an MD PHD out of philly last week and she had just demonstrated last month the use of microRNAs to complete reverse/prevent cardiac remodeling in the acute seting. Granted her work is catheter direct but give it time.

You want to increase LOCAL vegf levels. That is what is important. It takes years and years of hard work to do this but it can save your life to have some decent collaterals if you have an MI. Granted if your 3 vessels are all crap from years of steroid abuse and "bulking" then theres not much to be done anyway
So the ONTARGET & TRANSCEND trials showed good results for cardiac remodeling. But is PPARγ activation & RAS inhibition really that relevant to the cardiac function and remodeling alterations that are AAS-induced, when the mechanisms of AAS cardiac changes arise from effects on cardiac cell electrolyte channels and their associated proteins, shifts in the redox balance towards more oxidative stress, changes in the ionotropic response to adrenergic activity? Serious question! Some AAS activate the RAS (e.g., deca at least at VERY high concentrations), some seem not to at all. You mention ameliorated cardiac remodeling. There's evidence of this with Metformin in rat microRNA-1 and rat cardiac cells as well, but I'd never promote Met for this use as the evidence that it applies to AAS-induced cardiac remodeling is just so speculative. I doubt further that cardiorespiratory endurance training meaningfully attenuates AAS-induced cardiac remodeling, can you try to "sell me" on this as though I am (because I am) receptive to good information?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws