over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

John Jewitt on telmisartan

Telmisartan is a good drug for guys who’s BP rose due to adding 25lbs of lean tissue, and now their BP is high. It didn’t get high from smoking, getting fat. It got high from getting big as fuck and being on anabolics.

So you can either downsize…or add medications. If your an average joe, yea Downsize so you can play with your grandkids. But if you compete…what other choice do you have?

So if your gonna add a drug, Telimisartan is a great one. And I’d throw in Nebivolol with it

This. I have had my BP get high before, lowering dosage, limiting caffeine, cutting out coffee/energy drinks, lowering stress, (even changing jobs) losing weight, adding cardio brought it back down. Never considered medication unless it was a last resort and then would think very carefully.

Id say the average person would benefit (not even talking about guys who lift) from having a more preventive mindset rather than adding another pill to their regimen. So many people now days haphazardly take medication and don't even consider the reactions they have with other medicine they are taking.
When guys like Victor Black and John stress the benefits of taking telmisartan they aren't really talking about guys like you, they are stressing this to guys pushing the size, gear, food route. YOU should never have to worry about the protective benefits of Telmisartan.

This is a great topic.

I was on the fence about it but I was actually able to control my bp through simple life style changes and health supps .

I preferred taking a more natural approach before using telemesartan.

I may eventually have to use it …but I want to prolong if possible just my feelings towards any medication

To add…I’m also only a light heavy so… there’s that also lol probably easier to control bp at my size compared to mass monsters

When guys like Victor Black and John stress the benefits of taking telmisartan they aren't really talking about guys like you, they are stressing this to guys pushing the size, gear, food route. YOU should never have to worry about the protective benefits of Telmisartan.

Exactly. QB likes being 190-200 and running 500-600mg of gear. Which is totally ok….but that’s not who victor is speaking to.

He’s speaking to QB if he was already 215-220 and is pushing hard to climb. Limiting caffeine isn’t gonna fucking cut it for a 5’10 guy trying to get to 240-250.

Hell mine gets high at 215-218 mark and NOT stomping the gas pedal

What’s sad is that if John went out and preached high doses and drugging yourself to death, he would be praised here for his openness and honesty.

Instead, he’s preaching some health and longevity and all of a sudden he’s being bashed for putting out information.

Agree, drugs like this are for the guys who push for 230+ who have already accepted they are harming their health. Imo the majority of people who use aas/gym rats never get to a level where they can not control BP with a healthy lifestyle. Overall I think your average gym rat uses too much aas and let's themself get too fat (either poor diet or permabulking) and this is why they have bp issues.

Guys who dedicate themselves to be mass monsters and have sucess are a different story, but we don't have many of them in the gyms where I've been lol.

Agree, drugs like this are for the guys who push for 230+ who have already accepted they are harming their health. Imo the majority of people who use aas/gym rats never get to a level where they can not control BP with a healthy lifestyle. Overall I think your average gym rat uses too much aas and let's themself get too fat (either poor diet or permabulking) and this is why they have bp issues.

Guys who dedicate themselves to be mass monsters and have sucess are a different story, but we don't have many of them in the gyms where I've been lol.
I agree with you, but the reason it’s posted here is the targeted clientele of this forum are hardcore bodybuilders, who like have high bp from excess mass. I didn’t post it for the spartan runners

Exactly. QB likes being 190-200 and running 500-600mg of gear. Which is totally ok….but that’s not who victor is speaking to.

He’s speaking to QB if he was already 215-220 and is pushing hard to climb. Limiting caffeine isn’t gonna fucking cut it for a 5’10 guy trying to get to 240-250.

Hell mine gets high at 215-218 mark and NOT stomping the gas pedal
Agree. In 2020 I pushed the calories up over 4k and was approaching 210, got strong but I swear when I would lay down I'd have occasional palpations. Dosages we're no higher than when I hovered at 180-180 that previous summer, just the added weight felt like I was straining my heart, in my late 30s.

It sure seems like these guys are promoting ARBs for all AAS users, and if that's not the intent, something is going on to make most guys think it is for them. I keep getting questions about ARBs and fluid retention. Is it incorrect that Victor promotes these drugs to reduce fluid retention and as a basic staple for the AAS user? It's absolutely being adopted as fact by most gym rats, and someone did mention hearing it from Victor, despite it not really being for them as you say.

What’s sad is that if John went out and preached high doses and drugging yourself to death, he would be praised here for his openness and honesty.

Instead, he’s preaching some health and longevity and all of a sudden he’s being bashed for putting out information.
i think it hes doing a great service putting out lotta great free content, but it can be taken out of context. i mean if you are working with him he might not even suggest a BP med but fix your diet and aas dosages etc. this is just really for the guys pushing, and they should really have a coach to begin with that knows that.

so really its just information thats out there just like anything else which can be useful for a select few.

I keep getting questions about ARBs and fluid retention. Is it incorrect that Victor promotes these drugs to reduce fluid retention and as a basic staple for the AAS user? It's absolutely being adopted as fact by most gym rats, and someone did mention hearing it from Victor, despite it not really being for them as you say.
My $$ is still on the table! Grow a pair of balls and go call him out with studies to back your claim, but we both know you are not going to do that, your not going to leave the safety of this board because you will then be EXPOSED! Talk is cheap, I have offered you free money 💰

Example, I don't use telmisartan right now running 250mg test and 200mg primo, no need, my blood pressure and bloodwork (lipids) are just fine, but when I begin to prep for a show and gear gets kicked up a notch then YES I have telmisartan ready on hand!

My $$ is still on the table! Grow a pair of balls and go call him out with studies to back your claim, but we both know you are not going to do that, your not going to leave the safety of this board because you will then be EXPOSED! Talk is cheap, I have offered you free money 💰
No bro, I'm just not on instagram and don't plan on changing that. You'd have to pay me a figure you'd be unwilling to pay to get me to sign up for IG. Is it the case that if I were post on his social media page he can just delete my comments? All he's willing to do is entertain people on his own terms, he came here and ran off in less than a day and I was happy to talk to him then.

Of all the things bodybuilders put in their bodies….dudes are sweating over telmisartan 😂
Example, I don't use telmisartan right now running 250mg test and 200mg primo, no need, my blood pressure and bloodwork (lipids) are just fine, but when I begin to prep for a show and gear gets kicked up a notch then YES I have telmisartan ready on hand!

Yes using it pre contest is usefull to stay within the norm.

I follow Victor Black on Instagram (John J as well) and the amount of usable, free content Victor puts out is insane! ALL (100%) of it backed up by published clinical studies/evidence. You're absolutely allowed...and even encouraged...to refute anything he says. His only rule is you need to produce clinical evidence to back up your statement or claims...no bro science! He preaches from a podium of "safer use models" and "let's plan out the next 20 years...not just the next 20 weeks." He totally gets that guys will use a gram of AAS, add in insulin, and throw in 4-6iu of gh. He doesn't crucify you for that....just understand that there's consequences for that over the long term. He's trying to get guys to understand that if you live this lifestyle there's a safer, longer-term way to do it and still reach your goals while being healthier. He also believes everyone is a genetically-unique individual and responds differently to the introduction of various compounds and dosages. By the way, here are the benefits of telmisartan as reported in clinical studies at dosages as low as 20mg/day:
  1. Modulates BP
  2. Lowers hematocrit
  3. Modulates water retention
  4. Mitigates cardiac remodeling/LVH
  5. Mitigates kidney stress
  6. Improves insulin resistance
  7. Improves lipid profile - increases HDL
  8. Possible myostatin inhibitor
It doesn't take much over TRT-level doses and adding in a secondary compound to start negatively affecting our health markers. Again, keeping in mind that we're all genetically unique individuals.

As a 52-year old guy who's been doing this a long time...and who still wants to be doing it in 20 years because I enjoy it...I'm all about safer-use models and adding in stuff like telmisartan if it can make a positive difference. Stay safe out there guys!!

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws