over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

John Meadows heart attak?

Super high dose vitamin K should make it almost impossible to blood clot according to this. Of course it can’t be used with a prescription blood thinner though.

Vitamin K is actually an "antidote" to the anticoagulant I take, Coumadin. If I eat too much I have to increase my Coumadin dose or I could clot. Looks like the vitamin is involved in a large number of roles. I think green leafy vegetables are rich in it.

Thanks for the updates, John! So glad you are doing better:cool:

Well thing is, I already didn't eat much. For example, typical breakfast was 2 eggs and 2 pieces of toast. Then maybe some kind of chicken dish for lunch and dinner with a bowl of cereal or a protein pudding/pie I make as a snack. That's about it. I was training very hard though and maintaining just fine. My appetite vanished from all the meds, and just came back 2 days ago. I could eat 1 egg, 1 piece of toast, then 4 oz of chicken in evening and be fine. It dropped me to current weight.

Supps - garlic, pycnogenol, Coq10, my Granite Supplements Joint Care (uc2 collagen and circumin), and some fish oil

Perhaps the Tamoxifen contributed to your blood clot, its effects on blood coagulation factors has been well documented, but less so in males.

Tamoxifen can increase von Willebrand factor significantly and reduce antithrombin III as shown in this study:

Regarding anti-platelet aggregation and clotting...
How have none of us in this world figured out an absolute safe and healthy way to incorporate nattokinase or white willow instead of aspirin. I'm fairly certain they prevent platelets from sticking and have great blood thinning and blood flow characteristics.

Regarding anti-platelet aggregation and clotting...
How have none of us in this world figured out an absolute safe and healthy way to incorporate nattokinase or white willow instead of aspirin. I'm fairly certain they prevent platelets from sticking and have great blood thinning and blood flow characteristics.
Emeric uses nattokinase. I used it for awhile after my heart attack but then went on coumadin.

Emeric uses nattokinase. I used it for awhile after my heart attack but then went on coumadin.

I have been using it for years now myself.
I thank Emeric for introducing it to me on this very board.

I have been using it for years now myself.
I thank Emeric for introducing it to me on this very board.
Right, but haven't there been concerns about passing out episodes or nausea in some cases and people being afraid theyd bleed to death in a car accident? I seem to remember some worrisome issues with it which is why I'd be the vast majority of us don't use it as a staple. I watched a video by a doctor on youtube suggesting 200mg daily. I'd imagine even half of that would still support the anti-coagulation and bloodflow factors we could benefit from.

Obviously, in conjunction with vitamin K, fish oils, Vitamin E, and things like garlic, we have to not thin our blood too much.

Right, but haven't there been concerns about passing out episodes or nausea in some cases and people being afraid theyd bleed to death in a car accident? I seem to remember some worrisome issues with it which is why I'd be the vast majority of us don't use it as a staple. I watched a video by a doctor on youtube suggesting 200mg daily. I'd imagine even half of that would still support the anti-coagulation and bloodflow factors we could benefit from.

Obviously, in conjunction with vitamin K, fish oils, Vitamin E, and things like garlic, we have to not thin our blood too much.
I'd be surprised if nattokinase at the recommended dose posed a bleeding danger. Now my coumadin, thats a different story.

I use 2,000FUs daily.

When I had my leg vein lasered out a few years ago they checked my clotting factor, and it was flagged but not worrisome.
I have the Prothrombin G20210A variant in the F2 gene, so I consider this a preventative measure.

I also prefer Nolvadex for estrogen control.

I use 2,000FUs daily.

When I had my leg vein lasered out a few years ago they checked my clotting factor, and it was flagged but not worrisome.
I have the Prothrombin G20210A variant in the F2 gene, so I consider this a preventative measure.

I also prefer Nolvadex for estrogen control.
I'm fairly certain there is some literature pointing to nolvadex potentially causing clots.

I'm fairly certain there is some literature pointing to nolvadex potentially causing clots.

Yep, hence my use of nattokinase and other measures.

Read post 184 - there is indeed. Its more documented in females though than males, but probably because Tamoxifen is a widely used female anti-cancer drug primarily.

Any reason why you guys use nattokinase instead of serrapeptase?

I've been using serrapeptase but not sure which one is the best of the two?

before it even gets started can we put the Guy Cisternino hospitalized with a potential blood clot into this thread so we don't have duplicates.

man that is scary. I do think what helped me the post was calling for help. I did think about just laying down, but I knew something was very wrong, so I am glad we called the squad.
Glad you doing better and recovering well! What signs or symptoms you felt and knew something is wrong. A lot of times guys shrug some of these as normal pain and do not seek help right away

Glad you doing better and recovering well! What signs or symptoms you felt and knew something is wrong. A lot of times guys shrug some of these as normal pain and do not seek help right away

I felt pain in my chest, specifically sternum area. It was very uncomfortable, then I started getting short of breath. That is when I knew this was serious. It got worse quiuckly. I wonder how many men (or women) could have been saved if they called for help when they felt the pain rather than trying to shrug it off.

I felt pain in my chest, specifically sternum area. It was very uncomfortable, then I started getting short of breath. That is when I knew this was serious. It got worse quiuckly. I wonder how many men (or women) could have been saved if they called for help when they felt the pain rather than trying to shrug it off.
How are you doing? I thought about you this week when I was training with weights, wondering if you have started up again. I screwed up a week ago or so and got my heart rate up too fast and was worried it would escalate into V tach but it did not. I stayed in sinus tach. Sounds like that probably isn't a big risk for you since you didn't sustain a lot of damage. I hope you are feeling better and will be able to return to normal training eventually.

When I had my heart attack I didn't have any chest pain at all. Wish I had. Guys, be aware that the symptoms of a heart attack can vary from person to person. If you have chest pain like this then you definitely call 911 right away.

How are you doing? I thought about you this week when I was training with weights, wondering if you have started up again. I screwed up a week ago or so and got my heart rate up too fast and was worried it would escalate into V tach but it did not. I stayed in sinus tach. Sounds like that probably isn't a big risk for you since you didn't sustain a lot of damage. I hope you are feeling better and will be able to return to normal training eventually.

When I had my heart attack I didn't have any chest pain at all. Wish I had. Guys, be aware that the symptoms of a heart attack can vary from person to person. If you have chest pain like this then you definitely call 911 right away.

I'm doing really well. They took me off 1 med already, probably another one soon. Been training 2 weeks now, very carefully, and not pushing hard.

You've been looking really healthy in your recent videos. Hang in there, John. To say ProM has your back is an understatement!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131