over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

John Meadows heart attak?

Clotting disorder? After 69 years, and due to pain in my upper right arm, a ultrasound showed a surface vein thrombosis. A clot. I found out I have Factor V [5] Mutation. A clotting disorder. It's genetic. I am now on blood thinner forever. Doesn't stop me from going to the gym. God bless JM. I competed in the masters nationals over 60 in 2012. I was sitting next to John waiting to get a tan. He was such a friendly person. I had never seen someone so hard and vascular. Again....all the best.
I have Factor V also, I was on blood thinner from 2005 till 2007, I am able to manage my disorder with out taking any blood thinner.

Obviously very shocked to hear this. Hope the damage is limited and John is ok.

One question I do have is since he works with Serrano I'm surprised he had not been tested for a clotting disorder. About 12-13 years ago a good friends co-worker died from a clot and it turned out that he had a clotting disorder. It made me think a bit at the time and I went in and got the bloodwork pulled to check them.

I think anyone that's going to push the chems and/or even hop on TRT to get tested. Just a little extra piece of mind.

Best wishes to JM and his family. LOVED when he would chime in on here.
I guess you just never know. JM has been one of the pro-health, down-size guys for the past 2-3 years.
Genuinely one of BBing's good guys. Only wishing the best for him, his wife and his boys.

Best wishes John, I hope you make a speedy recovery. Sending positive thoughts.

Best wishes to JM and his family. LOVED when he would chime in on here.
I guess you just never know. JM has been one of the pro-health, down-size guys for the past 2-3 years.
Genuinely one of BBing's good guys. Only wishing the best for him, his wife and his boys.

I could tell your post would be one of reason. Exactly my thoughts. You just never know and sometimes it's just going to happen and sometimes just repeatedly doing the very basics of contest prep bodybuilding can worsen your chances in the long run. Guys can get lost in the details and jump at things that which likely had no major impact. For all we know his lifestyle could have even improved matters and is the reason he is still with us today. So I would never speculate about trt dose etc as it's pointless. I hope he make a full recovery. He is one of the good guys and I can see he is such a great dad from his many videos so for the sake of his boys I hope he is back to being at full health soon.

Wishing John a quick and full recovery and strength to his family.

John truly is one of the good guys out there; last year at the Arnold my wife and I ran into him at the gym he normally trains at and he took a good deal of time to talk with us and recommend a few local places for us to check out and eat at. Treated us like we were long time friends that he hadn't seen in forever.

I am wondering if he had a case of COVID 19. Recent data from the field is defining it as a clotting disorder rather than primarily a respiratory illness. Anticoagulant s are now part of the treatment once people are admitted. Someone like John might be predisposed to such clinical pathology with this new virus.

I have always looked up to John. Keeping him and his family in my thoughts. He seems to be one of the few REAL people in this industry. No bs.

damn. the life catches up with you it seems.

despite him using lower doses etc, being 240+ at 40 years old is never ideal.

I hope JM is doing well and recovers fully and quickly!

the respectful thing do to when something like this happens is to wish the person well; whether it be in the form of prayers, good karma, wishes, vibes, etc. but instead EVERY time someone in the community dies or has a health issues we get pages upon pages of speculations and "authoritative" figures with zero medical background preaching what is or what should be. maybe just maybe keep that shit to a separate thread in respect to the individual for fucks sake.

Obviously very shocked to hear this. Hope the damage is limited and John is ok.

One question I do have is since he works with Serrano I'm surprised he had not been tested for a clotting disorder. About 12-13 years ago a good friends co-worker died from a clot and it turned out that he had a clotting disorder. It made me think a bit at the time and I went in and got the bloodwork pulled to check them.

I think anyone that's going to push the chems and/or even hop on TRT to get tested. Just a little extra piece of mind.
They don't really make clotting disorder tests super available or reasonably priced last time I talked to life extension about it.

Here we go...
Come on man there's a time and place and who are you to say 200 is too much for some. What's too much for some is not enough for others at times.
Back in 2005
Here we go...
Come on man there's a time and place and who are you to say 200 is too much for some. What's too much for some is not enough for others at times.
Lats keep this tread on John. We can star on other tread regarding on what is the healthiest and safest TRT doze.

They don't really make clotting disorder tests super available or reasonably priced last time I talked to life extension about it.
Its not cheap. I think testing just for prothrombin is $500 or more, can't remember. There are a bunch of clotting disorders. Once you test for them all, then you just have to test your kids for what you have. I had both of my daughters and parents tested for it. My mother has it, so she gave it to me. One of my daughters got it from me, so that's right along with the probability of 50% as predicted.

Oh, with my insurance, I think it paid for the testing on my family because I had already been diagnosed with it.

It is available you just have to ask your MD to have to be tested. Probably John never did the testing and did not know that hi has blood disorder, if he would know he will consulted Dr.Serrano. Just saying.

i hope everything works out for JM, seems like a good guy

Its not cheap. I think testing just for prothrombin is $500 or more, can't remember. There are a bunch of clotting disorders. Once you test for them all, then you just have to test your kids for what you have. I had both of my daughters and parents tested for it. My mother has it, so she gave it to me. One of my daughters got it from me, so that's right along with the probability of 50% as predicted.

Oh, with my insurance, I think it paid for the testing on my family because I had already been diagnosed with it.
Correct, I have it and my son has it also. My grandmother had many times superficial thrombosis on here legs, back then we did not know about blood disorders.

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear