over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

John Meadows heart attak?

Positive vibes your way John! Glad to hear your home w the family

Yeah, 10% loss in ejection fraction isn't much at all and most if not all may come back once the heart heals up. I think even mine came up about 5%, from below 20% up to about 25%. Sounds like John is going to be ok and now he can be extra careful and do what he needs to do to avoid more clots. If he goes on an anticoagulant like me, the chances of another clot are very low. Its been about 12 years for me and Ive not had a hint of a clot.
Oscar Shearer.

Very happy to hear that John made it through and can be there for his family. I admire his honesty about not following through on the baby aspirin every day. But even with his predisposition in mind, to develop such a massive blood clot during a workout is surprising to me. Hopefully his doctors will follow up on potential causes to minimize the risk of reoccurence. If they haven´t already.

2 things that come to mind.

1) Exercise-induced atrial fibrillation, which can lead to the formation of blood clots (https://www.healthline.com/health/atrial-fibrillation-exercise). A cardiologist may want to perform a stress ECG to check for this.

2) Thoracic Outlet Obstruction or Effort Thrombosis

In some individuals an extra (cervical) rib or excess muscle or tendon tissue compresses the big vein in the upper chest (subclavian vein) that drains the blood from your arm. This compression typically gets worse when you lift your arm up. This obstruction, often combined with repeated trauma to your vein (from throwing activities, weight-lifting, or gymnastics maneuvers), may cause a DVT to form in this area, extending into your arm veins. This is called “effort thrombosis” or “thoracic outlet obstruction/syndrome.” If the DVT resolves, for example, after clot buster treatment, you may need a resection of the extra rib or the excess tissue to increase space in the thoracic outlet.

Very glad to hear the good news, especially that his heart is normal size and everything seems fixable.

Great article about John Meadows in Forbes magazine.

So glad to hear that John is on the mend with no real permanent damage to speak of. I can say one thing, I'm like John in the sense that I use baby aspirin on and off. Now I will use it and stay consistent!

One thing that is really nice now about getting a cardiac cath now these days, they go through the radial artery in your wrist. They used to have to go through the illiac or femoral in your thigh, in the groin. Going through the groin was terrible. I had it done 3x or more. Involves a lot of bleeding and pain. The patient requires 2 people pushing down on your leg/groin has hard as they can for a long time, and then they have to lay a big sand bag there. My entire leg turned black and my groin too. Affected the entire groin if you catch my drift.

I'm glad to see John got his in the wrist.

I guess we all have to decide whether baby aspirin is worth it for the health benefits vs the supposed problems it can cause.

I guess we all have to decide whether baby aspirin is worth it for the health benefits vs the supposed problems it can cause.
I was taking it in addition to my Warfarin for the past 10 years or more, but recently went off the aspirin. I did have an intestinal bleed, but I think that was mostly due to the Warfarin. Decided the additional risk with aspirin wasn't worth it.

I've been taking baby aspirin Every to every other night for years. Some recent studies show it's not of benefit, but it's so cheap, and i'm sure down the road, there will be more to contradict. GotGame suggested it, as has 1-2 other physicians on the boards, to me. It also depends on the context of why you are taking it.

I've been taking baby aspirin Every to every other night for years. Some recent studies show it's not of benefit, but it's so cheap, and i'm sure down the road, there will be more to contradict. GotGame suggested it, as has 1-2 other physicians on the boards, to me. It also depends on the context of why you are taking it.
Yes,(It also depends on the context of why you are taking it.) I have been taking Aspirin sense I stopped blood thinner.

One thing that is really nice now about getting a cardiac cath now these days, they go through the radial artery in your wrist. They used to have to go through the illiac or femoral in your thigh, in the groin. Going through the groin was terrible. I had it done 3x or more. Involves a lot of bleeding and pain. The patient requires 2 people pushing down on your leg/groin has hard as they can for a long time, and then they have to lay a big sand bag there. My entire leg turned black and my groin too. Affected the entire groin if you catch my drift.

I'm glad to see John got his in the wrist.

In many cases, a non-invasive CT Angiogram can replace an invasive coronary angiogram. And make no mistake, there is nothing 'nice' about having catheters pushed and pulled from an artery in your arm to your heart, in addition to the serious risks it carries.

In many cases, a non-invasive CT Angiogram can replace an invasive coronary angiogram. And make no mistake, there is nothing 'nice' about having catheters pushed and pulled from an artery in your arm to your heart, in addition to the serious risks it carries.

A cardiologist reported that physicians are often profiting from performing other unnecessary procedures while they are in your heart during coronary angiography, which carry a risk of aortic valve damage and stroke:

A cardiologist reported that physicians are often profiting from performing other unnecessary procedures while they are in your heart during coronary angiography, which carry a risk of aortic valve damage and stroke:

Yeah, I think going through the aortic valve is something to not be taken lightly. Ive never had tbat procedure done and didn't even know about it. Ive had an angiogram done and then several days later an echocardiogram. Not sure the group i go to does this ef measure mentioned in the article. Cost wise it would have been a lot cheaper for me to have them do this added procedure while they were doing the angiogram, but im glad they did not.

Exactly. I think for many it's a worthwhile "supplement". However one thing that sticks out to me are all the guys on here who use loads of supplements. Many use tonnes of herbal supps thinking like it's nothing but many of them have unknown effects so people have to be careful. One of those effects is thinning your blood and so many supplements do this (curcumin, ginger, cinnamon, vitamin e, fish oil etc). So if people are taking a combination of these supps they may not need any aspirin. I remember when I was using a high dose of fish oil with a few others things and baby aspirin and the nosebleeds I would get would be terrible. My blood was like water so there are many who shouldn't just add in aspirin (or other blood thinners) as often too much "good" can turn "bad".

Exactly. I think for many it's a worthwhile "supplement". However one thing that sticks out to me are all the guys on here who use loads of supplements. Many use tonnes of herbal supps thinking like it's nothing but many of them have unknown effects so people have to be careful. One of those effects is thinning your blood and so many supplements do this (curcumin, ginger, cinnamon, vitamin e, fish oil etc). So if people are taking a combination of these supps they may not need any aspirin. I remember when I was using a high dose of fish oil with a few others things and baby aspirin and the nosebleeds I would get would be terrible. My blood was like water so there are many who shouldn't just add in aspirin (or other blood thinners) as often too much "good" can turn "bad".

I agree with this and not to mention aspirin has known interactions with a multitude of supplements as well. One thing no one talks about is it can lower folate levels.

on the other hand, it’s been shown to be a really potent lifespan drug so go figure.

One thing I remember reading about aspirin was that if you had taken it for an extended period and then stopped suddenly you were at increased risk of heart attack.

Yea, I usually take it (baby aspirin) EOD, especially if I am doing daily fish oil (and other things you mentioned). Aspirin has had some positive research toward colon cancer too....though i have not stayed up with all the research on it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member