over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

John Meadows New Series:Ask the Doctor w/Eric Serrano

thanks for this.

Silly ? - when one is fasting with only liquids for 24 hours, can one have coffee?

I guess what I'm asking, by having coffee, does it ruin or kill the point of a fast?

Or am i just overthinking it.
When I used to do it, I just followed the same guidelines about fasting before bloodwork that we were given before our physicals.

Coffee was listed as being fine...no cream or sugar obviously.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

thanks for this.

Silly ? - when one is fasting with only liquids for 24 hours, can one have coffee?

I guess what I'm asking, by having coffee, does it ruin or kill the point of a fast?

Or am i just overthinking it.
Chipper you fine mate. some Einstein might like you to believe otherwise but just thing water does not break fast so how can black coffee which has no calories. No carbs protein fats.

The whole idea of fasting is to give your digestive system " a break" from having to process food right well you are not throwing anything in there with caloric value with needs breaking down.

You are fine. Enjoy your black coffee.

Chipper you fine mate. some Einstein might like you to believe otherwise but just thing water does not break fast so how can black coffee which has no calories. No carbs protein fats.

The whole idea of fasting is to give your digestive system " a break" from having to process food right well you are not throwing anything in there with caloric value with needs breaking down.

You are fine. Enjoy your black coffee.

Some people like to overcomplicate things so I understand why he asked. I have read variousd things that state coffee breaks your fast. I know one famous Dr believes it breaks your fast too. Black coffee from ground beans holds about 2 calories and an espresso about 1 calorie. So you are breaking your fast :eek:.... I am joking drink away as people can be too anal about his stuff.

Fasting is great I've been doing intermittent fasting for about 3 years now ...my first meal of the day is 12 and my last meal is 5ish.. sometimes I have a little mid-day protein something but usually two meals a day and then maybe twice a week and sometimes three times a week I only eat one meal a day so that's a 24-hour fast.

It does wonders for Digestive issues I was having an issue a while back and I did a 48-hour fast which completely cleared up problems I was having it was pretty interesting.

As far as fasting its water only.. once you start trickling in other things that can start the digestive process, spoke insulin etc or whatnot then you risk reducing or shutting down the effects of autophagy which is one of the main benefits of fasting.

Then again there's still a lot to be known about this process and some say it happens all the time and I'm always wondering how deep of the process we can illicit with fasting and how long is too long and how short of a fast is too short to notice any benefits for most of the people I work with the fasting or always doing a minimum of 16 hours.

As far as autophagy I think I read somewhere that your max benefit is seen in about 3 days so doing something like a five-day fast which many people do is no more beneficial than a 3-day fast with regards to autophagy.

Fasting also makes it extremely easy to be in a caloric deficit that is of course if you don't eat all your normal maintenance calories during your sbort earint window...so for instance if you normally 3000 calories a day over 5 meals and you eat 3,000 calories over 2 meals, you're not going to be losing any weight.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ive been doing a 24hr fast every 3-4 weeks. I cant take if its helping tbh, but i do it.

pop a SR Adderal and im good for the day.

for those of you doing 24 fasts - how do you structure it around training?

Seems you'd have to do it either the day after a workout or the day before, neither of which sounds appealing!

for those of you doing 24 fasts - how do you structure it around training?

Seems you'd have to do it either the day after a workout or the day before, neither of which sounds appealing!
I work out at 8 a.m. and if I'm doing a 24-hour fast that means my first and only meal is around 5 p.m. don't worry about that anabolic window bulshit we've been sold since the 80s you'll be fine as long as you get adequate protein and calories overall.

I work out at 8 a.m. and if I'm doing a 24-hour fast that means my first and only meal is around 5 p.m. don't worry about that anabolic window bulshit we've been sold since the 80s you'll be fine as long as you get adequate protein and calories overall.

ah, ok, so you're actually training during your 24 hour fast?

I was thinking more in terms of would you do it either the day before or day after a workout. I hadn't considered that people would actually train during the fast.

I was thinking more in terms of would you do it either the day before or day after a workout. I hadn't considered that people would actually train during the fast.

I have found it much easier to do this if you train soon after waking, for example start fast, sleep, train.

I have found it much easier to do this if you train soon after waking, for example start fast, sleep, train.

Yes many people do that.

Yes no issues and I have trained even when doing 36-48 hrs...no issues. Just make sure your sodium is in check...usually 2grams of chicken bouillon pre w/o works wonders.

Yes no issues and I have trained even when doing 36-48 hrs...no issues. Just make sure your sodium is in check...usually 2grams of chicken bouillon pre w/o works wonders.

Cool, man. Thanks.

Some people like to overcomplicate things so I understand why he asked. I have read variousd things that state coffee breaks your fast. I know one famous Dr believes it breaks your fast too. Black coffee from ground beans holds about 2 calories and an espresso about 1 calorie. So you are breaking your fast :eek:.... I am joking drink away as people can be too anal about his stuff.

I really don't think we fully understand what will disrupt autophagy. If you want to be completely sure you're in autophagy no calories and nothing that mimics insulin is the way to go. Hopefully we'll find out soon. If you're not worried about autophagy it's of no concern and a "medical" fast is fine.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws